Laces or Disc golf shoes?

I like Puma's Discs.

One of mine broke, but thankfully was close enough to the end that I was able to re-wire it. It's just harder to get on now. It'd be nice if replacement wires were more readily available.

I would use the disc but I wouldn't pay extra for it.

I want to like disc more but laces win for me. The disc go from super tight to super loose way to quickly. I did the Xpand laces for a bit but again the adjustability took longer than with regular laces.

Laces. I'm old fashioned (and old) and they look better.

I am a big fan of the boa style. My puma I have now are boa

I've had both on golf shoes and am indifferent but normally won't pay extra for the disc. With snowmobile or hunting boots, I love the disc because it saves a lot of time. Many of the boots have two discs, one for the lower foot and one for the ankle on up.

Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 3.54.36 PM.png

I've had both. While the disc system stayed tight for most of the round, and re-tightening was just a small twist I found them more cumbersome to put on. Like the Puma pwradapt shoes the collar area just doesn't seem to open up as much as laced shoes.

Would I wear them if they were given to me? Absolutely. Would I buy them specifically? Not if a laced version is available.

One pair with BOA which are ok, but I now prefer elastic laces so no tying of laces and they convert normal shoes to slip ons...

A

I prefer the laces but haven’t tried the discs yet so who knows!

The disc is pretty awesome. So easy to get going. Especially for the range sessions.

I have never tried the discs, so not sure how those feel. I have always wondered and always thought it would be awkward.

Pondering disc on my shoes for this year.

How do they fit across the top of the foot compared to laces?

I feel like laces are a tad more comfortable but I've never been uncomfortable in a boa/disc shoe did have 1 pair that didn't seem to want to stay locked down and tight though.

I have both. I like the disc but wear whatever.

Does anyone do the Sketchers Step In.

Laces. Seems like those wires would be pressure points.

I’ve never done disc os laces by default for me. I feel like it would take a shoe style I really like to be in clearance and the only option being disc to ever get me to try them.

Who know maybe I’d be a convert but that first time won’t happen willingly

I can't help but think that every time I tighten discs that the cord is going to break. I won't buy discs again even though it hasn't broken yet

I find disc creates a much more even pressure across the laces vs. regular laces

I've done disc and boa whenever available, the convenience and speed are great and I haven't noticed a huge difference in fit or comfort, especially on ones with a sleeve over the laces

Was never a fan of the BOA system. Didn’t really like the look and it didn’t look that secure. Then I bought a pair of motorcycle gloves with the BOA system and it was a freakin game changer!!!! If the shoes I was buying came with the option of the BOA, I’d now go for it everytime.

200.gif

I am not anti-Boa/disc, I just prefer the look and feel of laces.

disc are my favorite.

I like the concept of discs but for whatever reason, they hurt my feet. Makes zero sense but it’s a noticeable pain that I don’t get with laces

Back