Laces or Disc golf shoes?

jdtox

Lord Tox
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I have used both and find the disc to be very easy and convenient but I prefer the look of laces 🤷‍♂️

Whats your preference?
1650553717140.png1650553694606.png

Last edited:
Laces. I have tried discs and I just can't get on with them long term.

I have done both as well. I like how disc never gets untied but I like the laces look more.

I have both. I like Disc when its not on the back by the heel. Especially in shorts.

Laces simply because I've never ponied up for disc/boa shoes.

I have not got to try the DISC shoes yet, but I am really interested. I have been looking at the Pumas

Laces look better but the disc/boa is very convenient

Laces for sure. I've only owned one pair of disc shoes, and they were very comfy, but I just didn't like the fastening system

Laces only for me (so far). I would want a disc shoe to try it, but I have not yet. Laces have been working for 30 years - though I do really think this is a nice piece of technology.

I have friends who have disc and love them but I've never been curious enough to want to try them. Laces for me

Have always been a lace fan. May very well try a pair of puma disc this season.

I like disc shoes. For looks I'm neutral on disc vs laces in the same model, but disc models tend to look worse agnostic to the lacing method

I just think the laces are a cleaner look.

I prefer laces.

Laces for sure

Never had a pair with disc so I guess laces.

I prefer laces... have never been to much of a fan of the disc systems.

Lock Laces. Best of both worlds.

locklace.jpg

Maybe I haven’t tried on the right disc shoe but I find the laces to hold my foot better.

Laces, because I"m to cheap for disc shoes.

Laces. Never used a disc, don’t like the look.

I was gifted a pair of Footjoys with the BOA closure, I liked it. I just don't like how they're more expensive. I will gladly save the few dollars and get the laces.

Never tried the disc, do they break often? Thought i seen a a few reviews that they get tangled

I haven't given discs much of a look for golf. I have looked at them hard for wading boots for fishing, but always came back to I wouldn't want to be in the backcountry and have one pop. With laces it's easy to swap a new one in while discs is harder.

Now thinking golf I may try them on the next pair.

Back