Laces or Disc golf shoes?

I have looked at them hard for wading boots for fishing, but always came back to I wouldn't want to be in the backcountry and have one pop. With laces it's easy to swap a new one in while discs is harder.

Same here. I prefer laced on my wading boots for the same reason, though my current boots have BOA. BOA gets gunked up with sand and silt, etc and can be difficult to use sometimes. The next pair will be laced. For golf shoes, My spikes have laces and my spikeless have BOA. I OK with either. For the same price, I'd probably buy BOA on the next pair. If $20 more for BOA, laces.

I like the disc. So much easier to just lock or unlock the disc and get the shoes on or off.

Prefer the look of laces but love the custom-fit feel of the disc.

disc ftw. I wish they were more prevalent. only have one pair currently.

like 90% of my shoes have some form of stretchy laces so i don't have to tie and untie them :ROFLMAO: doesn't work with most golf shoes as they need to be tighter.

Discs for me. Never had any issues with them. Never tried the disc on heel though.

Ive used them both, Live the convince and comfort of Disc, But like @jdtox I like the look of laces. So IF I had to choose... Comfort over looks.

Having had both, laces. I did like the BOA system on one pair of Adidas that I have (and still use) as it goes around the ankle as well as the laces - firm and good fit and support. But purely as a lace replacement - nope.

Boa/disc. Very helpful during Covid as all the locker rooms were closed up here and we had to change shoes in the parking lot. Much faster and I don't have to adjust laces in the middle of the round. Occasionally if I am walking up hill, they might come a little loose, so I am able to tighten it a bit. @Golfgirlguru says it takes me long enough to get ready I don't need the added time of tying my laces.

Quality laces are hard to beat. I have both and like both. They both can loosen and require retying or a twist or two.

Life is too short for tying shoe laces. Disc all the way.

Im generally a laces guy. I do love my BOAs though. But they're just not available on everything so I generally end up with laces

Laces always laces.

Laces. Disc tightens evenly and I like to leave my laces loose down at the bottom because of my wife feet. Discs don't allow that adjustment.

In haven't tried disc in golf shoes. I have some MTB shoes with it. I like the ease. but due to my foot shape, they are not as snug as I would /could get with laces. but that is very shoe maker detenpendant.

Last edited:
I've never tried the disc so laces by default

I have these on a few pairs of sneakers but never thought to put them on my golf shoes. Wonder if they're tight enough for that? Only one way to find out!

I've never had them come loose during a round and I walk all of mine.

I really like my ASICS Gel Course Duo BOA shoes. The disc is on the side. Super comfortable and stable.

I've never had them come loose during a round and I walk all of mine.

I may have to grab a set to try. Heck, I probably have a set floating around the house somewhere.

I’ve tried the Foot Joy equivalent…. And not impressed.

They don’t stay firmly “laced” and if you inadvertently bump the adjustment disc, even a bit, while getting in or out of a cart and they loosen right up.

The only reason I still wear them is the shoes were pretty freaking expensive and I’ll be damned if I’m going to I just toss them in the trash where they belong. This will be the last season for them.

I’ve never tried disc shoes but it does seem very convenient

Back