I'm at a point now, that if I had a desk job I would be able to go back next week...so 3 weeks out but I'm on my feet most of the day and I can't be on my feet more then 30 mins without my knee starting to ache.

I'm hoping I'm ready to go by Jan 2nd...that is my due back date

As others have said, don't stop the PT and don't push it by getting out on the course too soon just because the pain level has subsided. You want that leg to be able to support you getting in and out of bunkers, going up and down slopes, and the last thing you want to do is slip and fall on it. Glad to hear things are finally progressing!

First out patient PT today......man that was rough but good. Bunch of new exercises. She was pleased with my progress but still have a long way to go.

Christmas weekend was tough. I definitely did too much and paid for it big time Monday. I'm back in the groove now.

With my first knee replacement, I did outpatient PT for many weeks, and some of those exercises were a real bear! It was a long recovery, with the hardest part getting my leg perfectly straight. Flexion progressed pretty well. The effort and pain will be worthwhile in the end.

With my 2nd knee replacement, recovery was a breeze. A therapist came to the house for a couple of weeks, gave me exercises to do between visits, and most of his effort was spent on just measuring my progress.

Alright question:

I know how important PT is but what I'm dealing with now, since I'm basically off the meds, is tons of pain from all my PT. so dammed if you do and dammed if you don't. How do you get better if you're in pain all day long from the PT? How the hell am I going back to work Monday if I'm still struggling with pain?

UUUGGGHHH

Alright question:

I know how important PT is but what I'm dealing with now, since I'm basically off the meds, is tons of pain from all my PT. so dammed if you do and dammed if you don't. How do you get better if you're in pain all day long from the PT? How the hell am I going back to work Monday if I'm still struggling with pain?

UUUGGGHHH
Stay in communication with your doc's office about your pain. After about 2 weeks, mine gave me 800 mg ibuprofen for pain. They helped me a lot and, on his rec, I alternated Tylenol in between ibuprofen doses. I also iced religiously to keep down the swelling.

Stay in communication with your doc's office about your pain. After about 2 weeks, mine gave me 800 mg ibuprofen for pain. They helped me a lot and, on his rec, I alternated Tylenol in between ibuprofen doses. I also iced religiously to keep down the swelling.
If I had a desk job then no biggie but being on my feet most of the day just seems nuts right now.

Glad the PT is going well. Please stay on it. It will only get better. Just came back from Hawaii on a long flight. one of my knees is swollen. Stuff like that happens but it goes away. I got into stationary cycling after my surgeries. I own a peloton and do classes outside the house. The work pays off.

Anyone have any tricks for sleeping? I am still having a very tough time sleeping. I have been taking Tylenol pm but nothing seems to help. 4 hours a night most nights.....its driving me crazy.

Why am I not sleeping? I'm guessing it's all the PT during the day. By the time night comes I am sore and very achy. I am not taking anymore pain meds, just Tylenol.

Anyone have any tricks for sleeping? I am still having a very tough time sleeping. I have been taking Tylenol pm but nothing seems to help. 4 hours a night most nights.....its driving me crazy.

Why am I not sleeping? I'm guessing it's all the PT during the day. By the time night comes I am sore and very achy. I am not taking anymore pain meds, just Tylenol.
Cold shower before bed, chamomile tea mixed with glycine, and some ZMA

Is your heart rate fast when you wake up and can’t get back to bed

Zinc magnesium aspartate…helps with sleep quality, hopefully it can keep you asleep when you transition between dreaming states

You might want to try the Tylenol arthritis formula instead of Tylenol PM

*im not a doctor and this is not medical advice * @AndyL0711
Run this by the doc 😂

*im not a doctor and this is not medical advice * @AndyL0711
Run this by the doc 😂
Seeing him monday....can't wait to get some advice from him. Everything else is going well but sleeping. And that, I think, is holding me back from really improving

Thanks for listening. Send me your address and I will send your check out 😆 🤣 😂

I wonder if icing the knee prior to bedtime might help. I remember feeling restless for a long time after surgery. Could be the nerves that were disrupted are some of the issue. Wish I had better thoughts on this. Sleep is important

PM sent.

16737008874122874765936200182727.jpg

It's not the same but I have found it does help with muscle cramping as well for me. Good relax stuff in some water. It's not medical advice at all but people like supplements and this is one I take.

I wonder if icing the knee prior to bedtime might help. I remember feeling restless for a long time after surgery. Could be the nerves that were disrupted are some of the issue. Wish I had better thoughts on this. Sleep is important
Funny, my PT person said I was icing too much....dam, I loved the ice.

Going to try to ice before bed tonight....thanks.

@AndyL0711 man, I'm so sorry I missed this thread. I'll defintely keep you in my thoughts and prayers for your road to recovery.

Everyone recovers at a different rate. It'll take what it takes for your body to heal. Do your PT like your supposed to and be sure to drink plenty of fluids (water).

Regarding the sleep you'll want to talk to your Dr about that. Do you think your legs swell at night? Have you ever tried sleeping with a pillow between your legs to help keep your knee proped up?

@AndyL0711 man, I'm so sorry I missed this thread. I'll defintely keep you in my thoughts and prayers for your road to recovery.

Everyone recovers at a different rate. It'll take what it takes for your body to heal. Do your PT like your supposed to and be sure to drink plenty of fluids (water).

Regarding the sleep you'll want to talk to your Dr about that. Do you think your legs swell at night? Have you ever tried sleeping with a pillow between your legs to help keep your knee proped up?
For me, sleep wise, it just starts to ache at night...lots of PT during the day. I have tried the pillow and that definitely helps. I think what happens is I'm a mover at night...I shift a lot (that is what the wife tells me I do/did before the surgery) so when I move I get a shot of pain that wakes me up and then I'm up.

Starting around 10pm is my bad time. It prevents me from falling asleep till about 1am...then I wake up every night around 2:30ish. Now I'm up and I have to walk around and of course, since I'm an old man now, use the restroom lol. Trouble is getting back to sleep after.

I appreciate all the kind words guys. Going to Dr tomorrow and will definitely get something for sleep.

View attachment 9150552

It's not the same but I have found it does help with muscle cramping as well for me. Good relax stuff in some water. It's not medical advice at all but people like supplements and this is one I take.
Thanks for sharing! I picked up some Gummy’s of this product to try. Can’t beat Amazon. Ordered 8:00 delivered 12:00.

Back