ANNOUNCEMENT Introducing Participant #1 for Team THP in the Grandaddy of Em All

Went back to the first GD to try and get some more info on Matt since I wasn't around back then, and realized I had never actually gone through the thread. A lot of the pics aren't around anymore, but it was easy to see how excited everyone was for the event. Pretty neat. Also really impressive how it's grown. That first one was only 66 pages :ROFLMAO: seems crazy to think an experience would have that few pages now. Just goes to show when something is done the right way good things happen.

Anyway.. here is the link if anyone is interested. It's a fun read

When we went in 2018, he was a guest and surprised us there. Hes an awesome guy (aside from being a Vikings fan) and was a critical piece to creating the grandaddy as we know it.

A bit late to this thread, but this is pretty exciting news. I'm looking forward to being Matt's teammate in December!

Very nicely done. Good luck to all that gets to participate in this event.

Awesome news!!

Chatted a bit with Matt last night and to say he's excited is an understatement!
This is what we love to see!!

Congratulations @mwoodpga !! Cannot wait to follow your journey!!

Chatted a bit with Matt last night and to say he's excited is an understatement!
This is fantastic and glad to see that you're already in contact. Love that he's joining the team. A foundational member of the event and a stick to boot. So excited for those that get to go this year.

Earlier this year we announced that the Grandaddy was returning in 2024. The greatest amateur golf event ever created.
We then shared through @JasonFinleyCG that things would be changing and followed that up with @jlew being named the captain of the team.

Today, I am excited to announce someone else that is a bit familiar with this event and the Hideaway joining Team THP.

For those that have not been here from the beginning, Matt was a big part of this event being held at the Hideaway and being what it is today. Welcome to Team THP, @mwoodpga

So happy we are finally able to make everyone aware of this. This actually started on the bus ride out to last years event. What a way to get you more insight into the event and a good player with some strong knowledge of the event and the course who should give THP an even better shot at winning. Hoping that everything we are doing with Captain and A$$ Cap makes a little more sense now to everyone.

Such a great announcement.

As a host I’m suppose to be unbiased. But me and @mwoodpga just won our flight at the Hideaway member guest and his game is in great shape!! THP is off to a 1-0 lead adding woody!!
@daveeblair - In addition to congratulations, I wanted to say thank you to you and the rest of the Hideaway members/hosts for hosting the Grandaddy every year. Your course and facilities are far beyond amazing, as is the hospitality you all extend to us, and we're deeply grateful for it! The memories made there will last forever for every Grandaddy member who's been lucky enough to play The Hideaway.

Last edited:
Wait I didn’t get an invite. 😂

You'll be asked back to talk at some point in time- If you can fit us in given your vacation schedule.
That's a pretty tight window you're dealing with! :ROFLMAO:

You'll be asked back to talk at some point in time- If you can fit us in given your vacation schedule.
Cedric The Entertainer Schedule GIF by CBS

With vacations but the Grandaddy is one thing I rearrange for!!!

@daveeblair - In addition to congratulations, I wanted to say thank you to you and the rest of the Hideaway members/hosts for hosting the Grandaddy every year. Your course and facilities are far beyond amazing, as is the hospitality you all extend to us, and we're deeply grateful for it! The memories made there will last forever for every Grandaddy member who's been lucky enough to play The Hideaway.
Definitely want to second this. Can’t say thank you enough. It was a treat to have you as our host @daveeblair

This made me laugh out loud

Back