Hirzl Golf Glove - Forum Testing Review Thread

Like Mark, I sadly have retired my Hirzl glove. I'm going to pick up a couple more some time soon. Mine basically ended up getting funky like his. I just wore it so many times that it started to smell and feel squishy.

I wore it for over three months and can't tell you how many range session and rounds I played with it. TONS. Incredible glove.

I had this same issue too which I haven't had in other gloves that seemed to get the same amount of wear for the same amount of time. Maybe its from the kangaroo leather?

Like Mark, I sadly have retired my Hirzl glove. I'm going to pick up a couple more some time soon. Mine basically ended up getting funky like his. I just wore it so many times that it started to smell and feel squishy.

I wore it for over three months and can't tell you how many range session and rounds I played with it. TONS. Incredible glove.

I had this same issue too which I haven't had in other gloves that seemed to get the same amount of wear for the same amount of time. Maybe its from the kangaroo leather?

I've never worn a glove that much in my life. I washed it a couple times over three months and it came out fresh, but it's just too far gone. I can't really complain about it at all.

Well I went into the local Golf Galaxy and what do you know they have a huge endcap for these gloves so it looks like they will be carrying the line. Great news for those that need a B&M for instant gratification. I also spoke to my manager friend over there and he said that he'd never heard of this glove and I told him that if he has any customers wondering they can find a review of it on THP. I also told him that due to the info I got from testers here, I decided to buy some to use.

Well I had to retire my Hirzl glove finally, the thumb finally ripped, on top which is not the usual spot, it usually rips on the bottom where it grips the club. I will use my extra Taylormade Targa Tour the rest of the year then stock up on 2 or 3 hirzl's over the winter. Great glove

Well I went into the local Golf Galaxy and what do you know they have a huge endcap for these gloves so it looks like they will be carrying the line. Great news for those that need a B&M for instant gratification. I also spoke to my manager friend over there and he said that he'd never heard of this glove and I told him that if he has any customers wondering they can find a review of it on THP. I also told him that due to the info I got from testers here, I decided to buy some to use.

wow i was there today and i didn't check the glove section. i hope they are all carrying them id love to buy a couple more.

That's good news, mine is in need of replacing after almost a full season. I'll have to stop by and see if the GG here stocks them.

These gloves are just awesome. I have a few unused older gloves that need to be used. I think they will be range gloves. I am going to pick up another control and feel for nexts week round(s). That is if it does not snow. There are only a handful of nice courses still open up here. See how warm these keep me mitts.

I just saw a re-tweet that DirtyDawg posted stating that Hirzl Gloves are now being sold on TGW.com. Great glove and I really need to buy a new one since the test subject performed so well.

so glad to see this company breaking through to some bigger retailers! by far the best golf glove i ever wore. mine lasted months but i lost it on the course. after im done testing the vision gloves for Boz i plan on buying a few more.

Based on the findings of the testers in this review I took a leap of faith and purchased a Hirzl. The Hirzl I bought from Golf Town was the only model that they had... the trust Control. I think I've had it for almost two months and there has been a lot of golf played/practiced with it. I love the soft feel of the materials. I love the fact that I had no issue with sweat or sweaty palms. I'm not too sure how many rounds were played but I figure if I'm out 5-6 days a week it's a lot.

It did wear in two areas. The first was the heel of the hand. The problem I thought was from an improperly fitted glove which was confirmed when I e-mailed Hirzl sharing my enthusiastic happiness... they tend to fit bigger than most I was told...so go a size down as per the company. I also had wear in the left thumb as well... worn through. Then again if my math is right and I have as much golf as I think on it I'd wear down too!

For the $29.99 I would have no problem buying another one again... soon. Great product.

Alex

For winter golf which of these would you guys recommend?

For winter golf which of these would you guys recommend?

I'd wear the Trust Control without any reservations in the winter. It's not going to be warm, but it's great in the wet weather.

Thanks to all the testers and others I've just ordered the Trust Feel. Can't wait to give these a try. Hopefull will receive next week. FYI got mine on eBay for $23.00 free shipping.

Did anyone else who follows Hirzl on twitter get a direct message this morning from them? It read "there is a rumor/blog going around about you LINK might want to check it out". The link looked a little odd and I am assuming this so some sort of virus. Just curious if anyone else got something similar.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

I purchased a trust feel a couple weeks ago, and like it so far. I don't normally have any problem with grip unless the glove is completely soaked with sweat, and we have been in the 70's and 80's lately so that hasn't been a problem. So I can't really comment too much on the grip, other than to say I haven't had any problems. I am impressed so far with how well it has held up. I have approximately 6 rounds on the glove, and looking at the palm of the glove you would think I had used it for a round tops. I guess due to grip flaws I tend to wear gloves out quickly, and usually the glove would be starting to show a good bit of wear. The glove is comfortable and cool. If I continue to see teh durability I am seeing so far, this glove will become my top choice.

The only downside for me is the looks. It's not terrible looking, but I prefer some other offerings looks wise. But so far the other attributes of the glove overcome that lone downside.

Did anyone else who follows Hirzl on twitter get a direct message this morning from them? It read "there is a rumor/blog going around about you LINK might want to check it out". The link looked a little odd and I am assuming this so some sort of virus. Just curious if anyone else got something similar.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

I'm guessing that the link ended in .ru? I had one in my Twitter from a Tour I play on. They informed us via Facebook that it was a virus and not to click.

Alex

I bought the trust control model at Golf Galaxy today, giving it a test run tomorrow!

I bought the trust control model at Golf Galaxy today, giving it a test run tomorrow!

youll be giving it a test run for months and months! longest lasting glove ive ever used! only reason i got a new one was cause i lost mine

youll be giving it a test run for months and months! longest lasting glove ive ever used! only reason i got a new one was cause i lost mine

I echo that! I believe that these are the best gloves on the market right now. Excellent feel, moisture control, and durability. Normally I get a bit upset paying for gloves. This glove is well worth the investment. The seams or palm in my testor lasted months. almost a whole season. The only reason why it did not, was the stink that built up. Other than that, the glove was AWESOME!

Picked up the Trust Control model at Golf Galaxy the other day. Lots and lots of grip, no moisture issues and a well made product. Used it for 1/2 a round today. Do feel like I had a little less feel than the FJ Spider as the leather is a bit thicker. I switched back to the Spider for the back 9. With that said, I have no doubt the Hirzl will last much longer. Looking forward to using it again - both range time and rounds.

Picked up the Trust Control model at Golf Galaxy the other day. Lots and lots of grip, no moisture issues and a well made product. Used it for 1/2 a round today. Do feel like I had a little less feel than the FJ Spider as the leather is a bit thicker. I switched back to the Spider for the back 9. With that said, I have no doubt the Hirzl will last much longer. Looking forward to using it again - both range time and rounds.

Thats why I went with the Trust Feel, just as much feel as most gloves on the market so far, and so far much more durable.

I just wanted to give this thread a little update and bump. I was not part of this testing but followed it and ended up purchasing the Hirzl Trust Control glove and it lasted me over 4 months! It was the best glove I have ever used, best grip out of any glove, best wear, and IMO it looks really good. I liked them so much I just purchased 2 more from GolfGalaxy as they had the best price and cheapest shipping. I went with the Trust Feel this time as the Trust Control felt a little thick so the Trust Feel should do the trick and I will have my perfect glove! Thanks again to Hirzl and THP for this testing as I would of probably never tried one of these and that would of been a shame!

I just wanted to give this thread a little update and bump. I was not part of this testing but followed it and ended up purchasing the Hirzl Trust Control glove and it lasted me over 4 months! It was the best glove I have ever used, best grip out of any glove, best wear, and IMO it looks really good. I liked them so much I just purchased 2 more from GolfGalaxy as they had the best price and cheapest shipping. I went with the Trust Feel this time as the Trust Control felt a little thick so the Trust Feel should do the trick and I will have my perfect glove! Thanks again to Hirzl and THP for this testing as I would of probably never tried one of these and that would of been a shame!

Well done! I have yet to get one even though I keep saying I will. And I will. 2 Controls for winter + a Feel for summer could be perfect.

Back