Getting old sucks: Post your ailments

I was going to list a couple things I've been dealing with (62 1/2) but after reading through this thread..........
Disappear Homer Simpson GIF

Well I've developed a bit of what I think is plantar fasciitis in my left foot. I've learned how to use ground forces a bit and I think that's been shock to my lead foot. I walk 9 in the mornings so it's a lot of stress on it. I've been taping and wearing the Puma Avant's more lately. The stability of that shoe along with the tape is helping.

Well I've developed a bit of what I think is plantar fasciitis in my left foot. I've learned how to use ground forces a bit and I think that's been shock to my lead foot. I walk 9 in the mornings so it's a lot of stress on it. I've been taping and wearing the Puma Avant's more lately. The stability of that shoe along with the tape is helping.
Freeze a bottle of water and roll your foot with it for 10-15 minutes a couple of times a day. It did better for me than anything else I tried.

Freeze a bottle of water and roll your foot with it for 10-15 minutes a couple of times a day. It did better for me than anything else I tried.
Definitely giving this a try! Thanks for the tip!

where to start? So many that I’ve tried to share via other threads. It’s maddening.

Plantar
Carpal tunnel
A ******* hernia
Blown out knee.
Blown out hip
Deaf
Blind
But play a mean pinball

When younger coworkers complain about pain, i explain to them how it works. 20 barely feel it. 30's body starts to remind you of the dumb things you did in your youth. 40's body starts bitching about the stupid things you did in your youth. 50's body decides you need to suffer for the absolute disregard for it's well being in your youth. That is all the farther I have made it, but at this rate, I can see why there are so many "stay off my lawn" old people.

Old MX injuries. 2 fusions in neck. One was a clean break and the other was shifted. Right shoulder was severely dislocated as well. Bone was scraped off right hip to do the fusions in neck.

Knee problems - degenertive articular cartilage
Herniated and bulging disc in lower back
Rotator Cuff tendinitis in both shoulders
Vertigo

PARKINSON’S! 😔🤬
I have what is termed rigidity in my left lat muscle. It‘s restricting the external rotation in the shoulder joint and extension in my swing, especially iron shots.
Seeing PT and doing mobility work shes given me is helping, as is massage and Theragun work.

Last edited:
My wife has plantar fasciitis, and I can really second the frozen water bottle. Also, she is doing calf stretches, which has helped.

Freeze a small bottle of water and roll it around the arch of your foot. Golf ball works great as well

Freeze a small bottle of water and roll it around the arch of your foot. Golf ball works great as well
@Parrot also gave me this advice. I will be trying this for sure.

I felt like an 85 year old man after walking 18 holes late yesterday afternoon. My plantar fasciitis was killing me and my back was all kinds of locked up. Back is still tight as can be today, I need to go get on the foam roller for a bit.

My wife has plantar fasciitis, and I can really second the frozen water bottle. Also, she is doing calf stretches, which has helped.
Those do help.

I had it years back and got rid of it with advice from a Dr. friend I used to play basketball with weekly.....

1. Don't walk around in your bare feet... ever. Get yourself a pair of house slippers/slides/whatever you want to call them with arch support.
2. If you have shoes older than a year or two old (we all do), throw them out and get shows with good arch support (detect a theme yet?)
3. Do not stretch when you first wake up in the morning.... warm up your bad foot first, by massaging it, rotating it in circles, etc. Only after your warm, then you cab try stretching it out. If you stretch without warming up, you'll feel tearing, which is undoing all the good you did while sleeping during the night.

Doing those things got rid of my plantar fasciitis within a couple of months, it needs to become your new religion, and you'll beat it!

Thanks! I do 15 minutes of stretching each morning. After my morning coffee. Mostly stuff like 90/90's, worlds greatest stretch, and ankle mobility stuff.

3. Do not stretch when you first wake up in the morning.... warm up your bad foot first, by massaging it, rotating it in circles, etc. Only after your warm, then you cab try stretching it out. If you stretch without warming up, you'll feel tearing, which is undoing all the good you did while sleeping during the night.
Hmm... glad you mentioned this based on my post above. I'll start doing this. Already do the other 2 things. I buy way to many shoes to have over 2 years of wear on them :ROFLMAO:

Bad back, L5 degrative disc, L4 bulging disc, arthritis in both knees, inflamed tendon left heel, narrowing of spinal collum near the top. Makes you stoop over when walking and then back muscles start screaming.

I just yawned and threw out my neck. Now I can’t turn my head to the left.

FML.
No longer get carded for the aarp discount….

Bad back, knee, shoulder and wrist. A former boss of mine said, no big deal, it's just pain :)

Right wrist/hand arthritis is pretty bad.
But not as bad as my lower back facet joints, which the MRI report calls "severely degenerated". The reason for my scores being all over the place the last few years. I can shoot +5 one day and +20 the next., when the barometer changes. Seriously.
Hearing aids
Glasses
Bridgework
I have to get up in the morning and reassemble myself.

My newest one is a bone spur in my right pinky toe. Just need a little silicone sleeve, though. Should be fine for quite a while, then short outpatient in-office surgery at some point, off it and no golf for 3 weeks or so. Not too bad.

L4 L5 Herniated disc and daily sciatica pain.
Been there with the L2, L3 and had fusion surgery. It helped but I still have back pain from time to time. 2 years later I had another surgery at about the same site.
This time it was a micro discectomy. Trimmed a bulging disc. I ended up getting infection in the incision area a little over two weeks later and had to go back in
and have the incision reopened and flushed out. I wasn't sure I would be going home for a while. They put in a pic line that went into the inside of my arm, just
under the arm pit that ended at the top of my heart that I had to inject antibiotics into every 4 hrs. for a couple of weeks (after they let me go home) and then I was
taking antibiotic pills for about a month before I was finally done. My back is a lot better now but I still hurt from time to time and I lost some flexibility. I can still
play golf but I lost quite a bit of clubhead speed and distance... but then again I got older too so that's part of it.

Right wrist/hand arthritis is pretty bad.
But not as bad as my lower back facet joints, which the MRI report calls "severely degenerated". The reason for my scores being all over the place the last few years. I can shoot +5 one day and +20 the next., when the barometer changes. Seriously.
Hearing aids
Glasses
Bridgework
I have to get up in the morning and reassemble myself.
Love that last line 😁

@ nearly 63 , lam a anomaly ,
No meds
Or glasses
No dentures etc
No chronic illness or diseases or conditions

Yes I’ve had , 2 L knee surgeries for sport , Tore rotator cuff minor , and had a cancer removed 4 years ago ( very early pick up and robot surgery fixed that )

Aside from that , work (nearly 50 y of work in engineering keeps me relatively
Fit up and down stairs , ladders and into awkward spaces at times …

But separately walking and golf , is so good )

Hope all of you who have issues panic etc don’t stop ya getting in the way of the game and more so life )

Back