Getting old sucks: Post your ailments

Just my back mainly, I'm pretty careful when I lift things but every once in awhile it reminds me it's still there and puts me down. Lots of stretching and chiropractor helps.

Well I've developed a bit of what I think is plantar fasciitis in my left foot. I've learned how to use ground forces a bit and I think that's been shock to my lead foot. I walk 9 in the mornings so it's a lot of stress on it. I've been taping and wearing the Puma Avant's more lately. The stability of that shoe along with the tape is helping.
Stretching really helps. I call them heel drops, I dont know the real name. Stand with the balls of your feet on a step. drop your heel and you will feel your calves, but more importantly the tendons in your feet stretch. it may hurt like hell at first, work into it slowly. I only have issues when I neglect to regularly stretch them out.

Well I've developed a bit of what I think is plantar fasciitis in my left foot. I've learned how to use ground forces a bit and I think that's been shock to my lead foot. I walk 9 in the mornings so it's a lot of stress on it. I've been taping and wearing the Puma Avant's more lately. The stability of that shoe along with the tape is helping.
Hopefully the stretching and ice work for you. I went through a stretch where I had to walk on my tippy toes getting out of bed in the morning, pain was very intense. Ended up getting custom orthotics and 6 months later all gone and have never returned, good luck.

I’ve had some neck issues for the past 4 years. I’m in a good place now with my neck but my left hip is messed up and locked up. Low back gives me issues quite a bit too. Always at the worst times for golf stuff I’ve looked forward to.

It is what it is but I’ve battled through all the pain to play the game I love.

Back, knees, tight hamstrings, and I am unable to write as there is a painful loose clicking in my right thumb joint.
But still loving life.

I don't have to be up for another hour, but I'm not going to bed because laying down makes my back hurt.

I don't have to be up for another hour, but I'm not going to bed because laying down makes my back hurt.
I do some golf specific stretches for back, shoulder, etc. Gotta say it works. I follow Sam Druce on instagram

Tinnitus since 1978 ( too much loud rock and roll and drag racing)
Arthritis in my left thumb, a pain.
Aching left side of neck and the left upper shoulder from cancer surgery along with my forever friend of lymphoma in my neck.
Developed some weird pain in my left foot when I stand on concrete to long. My arches are normal, and I have no heel pain. Just under my arch.
And since our move last March, got this, I sure hope its a sciatica nerve issue instead of a hip as it comes and goes. I get that checked in a few months.
But other than that, life is peachy as I play in my 70's.

Sore after doing literally anything. Take a week off from the gym and feels like I fell down a flight of stairs the next day when I start back up.

Beside what else I've listed previously, I have now developed arthritis in my feet.

I for got in my post, arthritis in both hands, have to use oversized grips.

I just wish I could sleep.
My wife bought magnesium spray that you apply to the bottom of your feet before bed. Works great but leaves you a little groggy in the morning. Can get on AmazonIMG_5047.jpeg

Up until about 40 years of age I was an avid runner and hit the gym. Nothing extreme, just wanted to stay in shape. Later, I was diagnosed with a leaky heart valve and advised to take it easy. Fourteen years ago my knees were started hurting (arthritis) and so I started the cortisone shots. Later, I tried the Osteo Bi-Flex product and as long as I don't gain a lot of weight it has worked well. Ten years ago I returned on a flight from the Philippines which apparently caused DVT and soon after I had a pulmonary embolism. After years on blood thinner my doctor said if I was comfortable with the idea, I could stop taking the blood thinner. That seemed to go well until a year later I got the COVID booster shot. Two days after that I had another pulmonary embolism. Despite these things, I feel pretty lucky. I can still work and swing a club.

My current ailment is just sadly realizing that I can't move as much weight as I used to. And it hurts me. 😆 The realization that I am just actually getting old.

A couple weeks ago I hurt my shoulder. I felt like Little Nicky with my left shoulder raised up to alleviate the pain. How’d I hurt it, you ask? Putting on a shirt. Just a regular polo. Slipped it on, moved my arm to get it down, and just pure pain. Tiger Balm helped but man that stuff stinks.

When I turned 40 my eyeballs decided they didn't want to read anymore, so I had to get glasses. Seems like it happened overnight.

Now in my 50's and I have arthritis in my right hip joint. This one has been slowly building up for years. Throbs everyday now, so I'm going back to see the ortho soon.

A couple weeks ago I hurt my shoulder. I felt like Little Nicky with my left shoulder raised up to alleviate the pain. How’d I hurt it, you ask? Putting on a shirt. Just a regular polo. Slipped it on, moved my arm to get it down, and just pure pain. Tiger Balm helped but man that stuff stinks.
When did Zippered polos become a thing?!! 😨

2 Blown ACL's. One in the late 80's and one in the early 90's. Neither are holding up well now. Right rotator cuff in 2017. That and I am old and fat. If I wake up and nothing hurts, I think I'm dead.

I'm 42 and run a lot so I typically have some sort of leg ailments.

I tore my MCL a few years back in my left leg. As part of the same set of injuries, I developed a numbness in my foot that I'm told will never go away. I basically can't feel the left side of my left foot now.

When did Zippered polos become a thing?!! 😨
I had a few in the 90’s. Even had a white mesh polo for the black light in the clubs. I was stylin.

welllllll
1. Right tib'fib has been broken 3 times and some days the ankle just doesn't work... the Achilles is about 30% torn as well
2. Left knee meniscus has a tear but I haven't went with an MRI yet because it still works and is just painful
3. Right pinky finger (5th digit) bends but won't straighten out
4. L3, L4,L5 disc all bulging... some days it feels like they've gotten better others I notice it down my left Sciatic nerve (luckily thats all)
5. Right rotator cuff partially torn with a torn labrum from a dislocated shoulder I put back in by myself like a complete idiot
6. My mind. If you only knew :oops:

Back