Getting old sucks: Post your ailments

That post

aka GolfOrElse
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Boycotting
I just yawned and threw out my neck. Now I can’t turn my head to the left.

FML.

when you have a sleep-induced injury, you know you're old

Left knee is destroyed, left elbow and now right calf.

Bad back and patellofemoral syndrome in my right knee. There's no longer pain free days. It's just days where the pain is manageable and I don't limp at any point.

Low dull pain just below the appendix area (lower right side, below belly button). Hope it is nothing.

Everything hurts..

Lower back and hips are always tight and locking up. Sports massage every other week and stretching sessions in between has helped but can’t kick it completely.

Bad shoulder (rotator cuff) that has been through pt twice and now massage therapy trying to avoid surgery

L4 L5 Herniated disc and daily sciatica pain.

It's pure hell.
I don’t have a herniated disk (I don’t think) but I also deal with sciatica pain from getting fat (another nice benefit of getting old) and full swinging a golf club 60+ time multiple days a week.

For the past month I’ve been doing yoga twice a day in between going to the gym and the combination of stretching and strengthening has helped so much!

I don’t have any pain free days. I haven’t had one in probably 15 years. Right now my biggest issues are:

Issues with my left foot going on 2 years. Podiatrist thinks it is peroneal tendinitis. It is really hard to get off my foot completely.
Left knee what I hope is just some tendinitis. I think this is getting better.
Chronic back pain in the right side mid to lower back. I have been chasing this issue since 2014. An MRI led to discovering a tumor on my pancreas which is it’s own story. It isn’t a disc issue although I have had those.

Nothing debilitating at the moment. I have played golf through them but they impact my ability to practice. It has also led to me not waterskiing for the past two years.

I think in January I am going to stop swinging a golf club and try to give my foot and knee the rest the doctors suggest then if hopefully those things settle down put a training plan in place to get strong for the spring.

Regarding my back I think I am just broken. I have seen PTs, Neurosurgeons, Physiatrist, chiropractors, holistic PT, massage and acupuncture. I currently do 15-30 minutes of yoga/stretching/core work daily. It makes it survivable but never pain free.

Getting old sucks.

Have done similar by sneezing lol
It’s so embarrassing. I feel like I’m going to need to make up something cool that happened when the young in’s at work ask me about it here in an hour.

Ideas?

Pinched ulnar nerve in neck at C8. Arthritic knees, right knee cleaned out surgically after infection in August. Bursitis in right heel at achilles.

Last edited:
I did yard work earlier this week (mow and top dress yard for fall) and then bent over to pick up some of my dog’s waste and back locked up. I walked home like a 90 year old to lay on a heating pad. 3 days later and back still isn’t right….

Mostly my right knee. Maybe time to have it scoped again. Some shoulder issues. They usually happen if I take time away from golf however.

Can't wait for my 50s.
Soccer You Are Already Dead GIF by RIOT MUSIC

I wake up pretty much every day with a locked up back. Stupid hockey.
Right elbow definitely has some damage in it, and knees are on the daily option program hahaha

Can't wait for my 50s.
You better start looking for nursing home. All those issues you might not make it to 55. 🤣🤣

It’s so embarrassing. I feel like I’m going to need to make up something cool that happened when the young in’s at work ask me about it here in an hour.

Ideas?
"Just slept on it wrong" haha

L2 compression fracture, chronic nausea. I know people say getting old sucks, but when you look at the alternative, maybe it isn't so bad after all.

"Just slept on it wrong" haha
Somehow seems only marginally better and really in the same sort of embarrassing realm as "I yawned".

Let's workshop some other options -

• I was playing catch and threw a wicked curve ball. ("But Rob, your right-handed?!?")
  • Lifting weights and hit a new PB on dumbbell curls.
  • Ask your mom.

left knee is shot and can't i bend over to pick something up. oh and i sneezed the other day and thought i got shot since my back went out.

got a bad cold one time and as i coughed it threw my back out, so every time i had to cough or sneeze my wife had to hold me so i wouldn't crumble in back pain.

sucks to get old

Hurt my shoulder sleeping not long ago. Took a month or so for it to get back to normal.

Stiffness and slight pain in my left hip.

My right foot is always one walking round away from tendonitis and being in a walking boot for a few weeks. It's an overuse injury that's got me a few times. I have to stretch for at least 10-15 minutes.

Back