We have plants in the ground! Like 3 different kinds of tomatoes for my wife, bell peppers, jalapeños, cucumbers, squash, zucchini, strawberries, green beans, snap peas, mint, basil, and a blueberry bush!

Any tips to keep the pill bugs off my garlic and young pepper plants?

I moved a TON of brush for my wife’s new garden today. Filled up a town brush truck with it.

Attachments

• DEE69789-2DAA-4220-BB06-1B120F59FCD2.jpeg
    DEE69789-2DAA-4220-BB06-1B120F59FCD2.jpeg
    283.1 KB · Views: 11
I moved a TON of brush for my wife’s new garden today. Filled up a town brush truck with it.
You did some work!

What is going into the garden?

You did some work!

What is going into the garden?
She has two gardens, this one is in the front side of the house which is all flowers. The one in the backyard is for vegetables. She’s new to gardening so she’s pretty excited about it. All I know is there are some tulips in the front of the flower garden right now and a lot of day lillys.

Got out looking at the gardens today, prep probably starting this weekend. Everything is still super wet unfortunately.
Hopefully things can warm up and dry out a bit.

May have to double down on pots and raised beds this year to get stuff planted.

I’ve got strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries in raised beds for the first time this year. We moved into our current home last year and there was a grape vine, an apple tree and two peach trees which were all producing fruit last year. We had no idea how to care for them and had most of the fruit damaged by fungus. We learned and pruned the trees this year. We are also ready with fungicide to treat the peaches and apples.

I returned home after the Data Experience and found all things blue opening up.
5116A585-AC90-4777-94E1-670726BFD709.jpeg
6AB15D3B-84F0-43DD-BB50-AE8115702D13.jpeg

Went out and frantically got some veggies into the ground tonight. Tomatoes, jalapenos, and zuchinni.

Planting season came super fast, and hopefully we haven't missed our window for a good growing season. I was just stressing wanting to get the plants in the ground after they have been sitting in the garage for a week.

Supposed to rain tomorrow, and a decent amount over the next week. So trying to take advantage of that. Hopefully they don't get washed down the street.
20220526_200320.jpg
20220526_200302.jpg
20220526_200309.jpg
20220526_200346.jpg

Just pruned the strawberries and tomatoe plants. Fun to see things start to really take off.

Also hope the pillbug trap works. Those little buggers have been going to town on me.

Wife's Lillie's and flowers are coming in. We have tomatoes and peppers already coming in along with sugar snaps. Strawberries and others not yet. PXL_20220529_003043695.jpgPXL_20220528_225911658.jpg

So my garlic and carrot bed had a pillbug party. So much so that they almost took out the garlic and the carrots would be get eaten as soon as sprouted. As a little PSA, put some beer in a small cup buried at soil level. Pill will be attracted and then drown. Quick thanks to @Junkyard as the last bit of the last IPA he gave me a bit ago became the bait, and the rest of the beer was tasty.
image.jpg

Added a few more hostas and a gate around the flower bed, hoping in a couple more years these will be huge and cover the whole area, but I need to get a couple more of the perimeter variation to fill in the bigger spaces

20220601_162223.jpg
20220601_162216.jpg

After that I'm done with plant landscaping

So my garlic and carrot bed had a pillbug party. So much so that they almost took out the garlic and the carrots would be get eaten as soon as sprouted. As a little PSA, put some beer in a small cup buried at soil level. Pill will be attracted and then drown. Quick thanks to @Junkyard as the last bit of the last IPA he gave me a bit ago became the bait, and the rest of the beer was tasty.
View attachment 9093136
Glad I could help! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just pulled these off of one of my Supersweet 100 current tomato plants. Small but tasty, first ripe ones this year. Looks like well over 100 more coming plus cherry tomatoes and Better Boys.

20220601_195914.jpg

Just pulled these off of one of my Supersweet 100 current tomato plants. Small but tasty, first ripe ones this year. Looks like well over 100 more coming plus cherry tomatoes and Better Boys.

View attachment 9093161
Wife has grabbed the 2 ripe ones so far and ate them. Said they were super sweet(I don't eat raw tomatoes so I will take her word for it)

Kind of gardening related, but I saw this little guy and was able to get a nice up close shot!

20220606_123815.jpg

Bombus nevadaensis auricomus, great pollinators
We have lots of the solitary bees around. Never quite sure in the specific ones, so thanks!!

Back