Edel SMS Pro Iron Review

Have you experimented with these?
Yes, but I prefer standard industry weight. I might have tinkered too much. Maybe time to investigate again.

Just went out and tried a 2-6-8 (odd combo) with promising results. That likely bumped the SW from d 2ish to d 4ish I'm assuming. Was hitting towering 5 irons, which I haven't really been able to do with many irons lately. Maybe none actually. I have seen a lot of 8-2-8 success out on the internet so I am planning on trying that as well with shorter irons.

@Wildcat let me hit his 8 iron again today on the range. These feel so good when flushed they are fun to hit. I was getting nice ball flight with his set up. Distance was a bit shorter and that is to be expected Due to the loft difference. Very nice irons and the size is just right!

@Wildcat let me hit his 8 iron again today on the range. These feel so good when flushed they are fun to hit. I was getting nice ball flight with his set up. Distance was a bit shorter and that is to be expected Due to the loft difference. Very nice irons and the size is just right!
His iron and shaft combo is exactly what I think I’d want if I were to bag Edels

His iron and shaft combo is exactly what I think I’d want if I were to bag Edels

Oh absolutely it is a perfect combo.

Christmas came early for me. :)
Spent some time on the range today figuring out weights. I think I am going to start with the 8g on the toe and 2g in the other spots. The heavy toe weight seemed to give me a good ball flight and straighten out my hook miss. Excited to get a couple rounds in next week. IMG_2083.jpeg

Christmas came early for me. :)
Spent some time on the range today figuring out weights. I think I am going to start with the 8g on the toe and 2g in the other spots. The heavy toe weight seemed to give me a good ball flight and straighten out my hook miss. Excited to get a couple rounds in next week. View attachment 9231691
Congrats on the new sticks! Love to hear the early returns with moving the weights around, it’s amazing what shifting that around can do to ballflight.

SMS Pros with Kinettix shafts keep swirling around in my ponder storm.

These are so fun to hit. That is all

First two rounds in the books with these and loving it. 8g weight in the toe has certainly kept me in play. Yesterday I didn’t miss a green to the left and today I believe I missed one with iron off of a hook lie.

One shot really stands out to me and that is a PW on a par 3. I hit it a good 3 inches fat and far off the toe. It didn’t dig too much and still had enough juice to carry onto the green and hold the left side. A ball struck that poorly with a players iron has no business doing that but the sms pro did… super impressed.

On course I asked @sweetnlow if I could hit his 9 on a par 3. I was fully thinking he had the SMS since I was using his demo on the range. I hit a nice shot over the big ravine onto the green which was close to my original ball. I then found out it was the pro. Very easy to hit and felt great. Loved the ball flight I got. I don’t think I would game a full set but I could easily combo these and be comfortable with them.

Just went out and tried a 2-6-8 (odd combo) with promising results. That likely bumped the SW from d 2ish to d 4ish I'm assuming. Was hitting towering 5 irons, which I haven't really been able to do with many irons lately. Maybe none actually. I have seen a lot of 8-2-8 success out on the internet so I am planning on trying that as well with shorter irons.
I tried 6-2-6 in the SMS but it felt weird to me. That said, the customization ability is what makes these awesome so I could see it working for you

Hit a lot of shots with the SMS pro irons today courtesy of @Wildcat. i really like the feel and made some nice shots into the greens. The 7-8-9-pw are very playable for me in the pro. I had no issues getting the ball in the air I liked the ball flight from the Kinetixx shaft he has. We did have some good wind so hard to tell the true distances as I was clubbing up 2 clubs sometimes.

Hit a lot of shots with the SMS pro irons today courtesy of @Wildcat. i really like the feel and made some nice shots into the greens. The 7-8-9-pw are very playable for me in the pro. I had no issues getting the ball in the air I liked the ball flight from the Kinetixx shaft he has. We did have some good wind so hard to tell the true distances as I was clubbing up 2 clubs sometimes.
You could have just brought your putter today and used my bag. 😂😂😂

Having a hard time convincing myself to play anything else next year, despite being awfully tempted by some upcoming releases. The Pros just suit my eye, and since the tune-up, feel better than ever. Last year was a massive boost to my confidence being able to play these, and a big learning experience about letting the club do the work. And if you let them, these will do the work.

IMG_9038.jpeg
I love these things. I was long more often than not tonight, which didn’t help the score, but man are these irons a lot of fun. Since the tune-up, and a quick swing tweak, that soft little draw was showing up all over the place tonight, and I dig it. Still amazed at the ease of the long irons in these, which makes me wonder if I’d ever consider comboing them. 2024 Quest Cuppers - I don’t know what you’re going to be getting for gear, but if it has those wings on it, it’s gonna be something special.

Watched @sweetnlow pin seek with these shot after shot it seemed for most of the weekend. I hit some beauties with mine. Then pulled out the famed @Wildcat 3 iron a few times and REALLY had some fun.

The clubs have an addictive feel and I can't wait to continue to get mine dialed in.

Watched @sweetnlow pin seek with these shot after shot it seemed for most of the weekend. I hit some beauties with mine. Then pulled out the famed @Wildcat 3 iron a few times and REALLY had some fun.

The clubs have an addictive feel and I can't wait to continue to get mine dialed in.
I love watching you hit your Pros. And if you don't add the 3 to your bag I'm going to be really disappointed.

3 iron off the tee was what yesterday? 255 yards with a piercing trajectory and draw.

Back