Edel SMS Pro Iron Review

Hard ponder recently on putting some shafts back into these and taking them back out again.

They're addicting.

Hard ponder recently on putting some shafts back into these and taking them back out again.

They're addicting.
The feel is an real addiction.

Watched @sweetnlow pin seek with these shot after shot it seemed for most of the weekend. I hit some beauties with mine. Then pulled out the famed @Wildcat 3 iron a few times and REALLY had some fun.

The clubs have an addictive feel and I can't wait to continue to get mine dialed in.
Those were some fun rounds! It was awesome watching you hit these as well. You played some great golf this weekend.

The SMS Pros are still swirling around in the ponder storm. They are definitely special.

These irons are so much fun, and have such a great feel, it’s a lot denser than others I’ve tried in the category, and if that’s your thing, give these a try. Hit some really good short/mid irons tonight, and by now I thought I’d be used to how powerful they feel, but occasionally it’s still kind of a surprise. Had a few guys ask about them tonight at the sim facility, and both of them had nothing but good things to say, besides asking why I play clubs that are so heavy 😂. The SMS Pros are still setting a very high bar for me as far as what I want in my irons.

I just remembered that I did hit the @Wildcat 3i while we were in Palm Springs a few weeks back. I am not someone that should game a 3i but I wanted to try it out. It was amazing how easy it actually was to hit. I could get the thing pretty high as well. It started me down the path of thinking I should look at putting a low iron in the bag again.

When I go in for my wedge or putter fitting at Golftec I'm going to see if they'll let me hit these.

Today is the day. I’m re-building these.

They are the ones that get the shot at the Apex CB’s.

Cool Ferrules incoming?
Haha, it’s all I know 🤣

But I’ll have to paintfill the irons to match if this sticks.

Putting Dart V 120 F5’s back in, but, this set is 1/2” long for my big arse. Hahah

We. Are. Cured.

Also, it make NO EFFING SENSE that I hit these tiny freaking irons further than a ton of other more distance based options.

Also, it make NO EFFING SENSE that I hit these tiny freaking irons further than a ton of other more distance based options.
Don’t overthink it lol, golf is weird

These might be the absolute scariest irons to hit just based on looks I have ever seen.

These might be the absolute scariest irons to hit just based on looks I have ever seen.
I’ve tried to tell people that about the profile since day one (and in the review I wrote for the homepage) but it just doesn’t seem to stick. 🤣

They’re freaking impeccable though.

I’ve tried to tell people that about the profile since day one (and in the review I wrote for the homepage) but it just doesn’t seem to stick. 🤣

They’re freaking impeccable though.
Just add three adjustable weight ports to this thing and voilà… SMS Pro.
IMG_2266.jpeg

I never thought I would be fit into an iron like this again. But the control and feel is unreal. Haven’t lost much distance either

I never thought I would be fit into an iron like this again. But the control and feel is unreal. Haven’t lost much distance either
I’m eager to get them back outside next week. Have to decide what I’m going to take to Briggs the following week ASAP

These are SO ridiculously good. I forgot just how good.

Man, this is making things tough.

These irons for me are a bit of an enigma.

Since I first saw them at Ballyhack with Koske, I knew I wanted them. There so….mean.

The sole bevel and contour alone brought curiosity, then add the ultra compact profile and swing match system…whew.

They and I had an on again off again tryst post review though. In the end I just found confidence elsewhere and stopped trying to dial these in.

Well, I’m back now, and they’re getting a head to head for the. Ad this year versus my Apex Pro CB’s.

I out DART V TSPX back in then at 120 F5, but this time 1/2” long and actually worked to hit my swing weights in the build.

Indoors has been a hoot, now though, it’s time to get back out in the dirt the next three days before I prep for a trip to Briggs and see which irons are making the trek!

These irons for me are a bit of an enigma.

Since I first saw them at Ballyhack with Koske, I knew I wanted them. There so….mean.

The sole bevel and contour alone brought curiosity, then add the ultra compact profile and swing match system…whew.

They and I had an on again off again tryst post review though. In the end I just found confidence elsewhere and stopped trying to dial these in.

Well, I’m back now, and they’re getting a head to head for the. Ad this year versus my Apex Pro CB’s.

I out DART V TSPX back in then at 120 F5, but this time 1/2” long and actually worked to hit my swing weights in the build.

Indoors has been a hoot, now though, it’s time to get back out in the dirt the next three days before I prep for a trip to Briggs and see which irons are making the trek!
That tri-sole really shines outside. I might have to throw these back in the bag again soon 🤔

Back