I went to practice more chipping today with the GW. i did 10-15-20 paces from the flag. I used nothing but the GW today. The groupings were good and i got a nice feel for the distances. I finished up with a few 5 irons with some range balls that were left by the chipping green and called it a day. The 2-8-2 weight set up even in the wedges is working really good. I was going to try moving them and decided there is no need.
gwchip.jpggwchip1.jpg

$50 demo offer

That demo offer deserves a bump 🔥

That demo offer is soooo tempting. I may have one sitting in the cart as I type this.

Just buy it.
And... done. Went with a Modus 120 which might be a touch heavy for me, but it's the shaft I'm most familiar with out of the available options. I'll definitely make sure I bring it to the QC if you and I don't get to play before May.

And... done. Went with a Modus 120 which might be a touch heavy for me, but it's the shaft I'm most familiar with out of the available options. I'll definitely make sure I bring it to the QC if you and I don't get to play before May.
I don't think the Modus 120 feels super heavy so I bet you love it. Also, I will be bringing a 7i with Accra TZ 105 graphite installed once I get the SteelFiber switched out of it.

You are gonna love these irons. The modus 120 is a fantastic shaft too.

I played the Modus for a good while before going graphite. I’m excited to give it a run and see how it compares to my Apex 21s.

I find that hard to believe also considering there are a few good YT videos showing the weighting does actually work.
I find this all the time. Not many golfers have heard of Edel (I’m trying to change this one range session at a time). Most of the time they tell me that the irons are gorgeous but do they work?

My answer is always that they are the most customized irons you can play. The weight system works. If it works to move weights in a driver, why would that change in an iron? There is even a more dramatic effect in irons.

Then I let them hit them. If time even change the weights. This is the future. Most leave cursing me for showing them these.

I find this all the time. Not many golfers have heard of Edel (I’m trying to change this one range session at a time). Most of the time they tell me that the irons are gorgeous but do they work?

My answer is always that they are the most customized irons you can play. The weight system works. If it works to move weights in a driver, why would that change in an iron? There is even a more dramatic effect in irons.

Then I let them hit them. If time even change the weights. This is the future. Most leave cursing me for showing them these.
Yeah. 100% agree. Most people never heard of them…I get the feeling that most people assume the are cheaper since they don’t know the name. I have played all of the big name brands and I will just say, it’s not close. I will be gaming Edel for a long time. While I am happy to share the news, I am also perfectly fine if my opponents want to game inferior equipment. I will take every advantage I can get.Of course, I feel the same way about variable length vs single length clubs. :)

The SMS treated me well today. 9 GIR and left 4 others just short all with in 4-5 yards off the green. On par 3 15th today playing 153 I hit my 8 iron. It tracked at the pin the whole way and just rolled by. That was the best look I have had at any HOI. The ball just stopped behind the pin and I made the bird!
IMG_5016.jpeg

I don't think the Modus 120 feels super heavy so I bet you love it. Also, I will be bringing a 7i with Accra TZ 105 graphite installed once I get the SteelFiber switched out of it.
That’s a great shaft! 😉

That’s a great shaft! 😉
Yeah it is! I’m looking forward to swinging it again. Need to get off my butt and take it to my club guy

I know Edel has #oneshot to improve your round. But I’m constantly amazed how many shots I can hit with these irons and wedges that I just shake my head.

These are not stock shots. These are shots that I’ve gotten myself into trouble and these irons allow me the creativity and confidence to pull off. I shouldn’t even try half of them but just can’t stop myself.

I don’t think I can honestly say anything more about how these irons and wedges are. So I’m going to talk about actual #oneshot moments now.

#12 on Sunday I over cut my tee shot on a hole that requires a draw. Hard pan dormant grass that I will need to get up and over the trees about 100 ft to find the green. Unless I go low under the branches but above an electrical box. 140 yards out.

Based on the lie I chose the low gap. I hood the Edel Pro 7 iron that doesn’t get over 10ft high over the electrical box but underneath the tree limbs with a cut. Lands 20 yards from the green but rolls on.

Bailed out again.

#Oneshot

Saturday #17. Hit a drive that lands left side of the rough that rolls all the way down the hill to right side of the fairway in front of the water. 105 in to back right pin placement with water 20 feet to right of pin. Water in the front and back of the green as well but huge false front that any shot short will leave a putt 25 feet uphill over a ridge.

Used my 54 SMS V wedge to hit a low trajectory spinner that landed on the right tier that stopped instantly after first bounce. 5 ft birdie putt to the right of the hole. Made the putt.

#Oneshot

Saturday #17. Hit a drive that lands left side of the rough that rolls all the way down the hill to right side of the fairway in front of the water. 105 in to back right pin placement with water 20 feet to right of pin. Water in the front and back of the green as well but huge false front that any shot short will leave a putt 25 feet uphill over a ridge.

Used my 54 SMS V wedge to hit a low trajectory spinner that landed on the right tier that stopped instantly after first bounce. 5 ft birdie putt to the right of the hole. Made the putt.
That shot was ballsy and so well executed! It was really fun to watch that happen.

#oneshot

I’m sorry but one shot can’t describe what these irons and wedges were capable of today. Had to take some vendors out after a conference today. 16 GIRs and would have been 18 if not for a couple of penalty shots of the tee.

From the fairway or a bunker in the fairway or the desert these did not miss a green today.

#oneshot

I’m sorry but one shot can’t describe what these irons and wedges were capable of today. Had to take some vendors out after a conference today. 16 GIRs and would have been 18 if not for a couple of penalty shots of the tee.

From the fairway or a bunker in the fairway or the desert these did not miss a green today.
16?!!? You're a beast, man. 🔥

#oneshot

Played in a charity scramble today. 140 players on two courses. No range time. We start on a 170 yard hole over water to a green with little depth. 2 in the water and one deep right. Used my Edel Pro 7 iron to 8 feet. First swing of the day.

It helped that I payed it off with the birdie putt. Rest of the day all I heard is “we’ll just stay in the cart.”

Worked on the long irons today. Not my best swing day but even with slowing the swing speed down a bit and getting better contact i was still getting some good distance with the 5 iron. I had a few of these shots at this distance i was kind of surprised as i thought they were shorter. Plenty of forgiveness in the SMS irons.

5 iron.jpg

Worked on the long irons today. Not my best swing day but even with slowing the swing speed down a bit and getting better contact i was still getting some good distance with the 5 iron. I had a few of these shots at this distance i was kind of surprised as i thought they were shorter. Plenty of forgiveness in the SMS irons.

View attachment 9250718

Sounds like your coach started to chuckle after that one. :LOL: Nothing wrong with 180 carry!

View attachment 9250718

That’s a heck of a 5 iron!

Back