My demo 7I came today. Don't have @Wildcat's game so had to go with the standard 7I. This thing looks awesome and I'm pumped to get it on the range/course.

Sometimes it's the little things and Edel excels there. A nice little valuables pouch with the wrench in it. The wrench will go in one of my bag pockets but the bag will not be wasted. Also the finishing on these is excellent. From the satin finish to the paint fill and the matching hosel. Love it.
View attachment 9256136

Here's some comparison pics with the SMS 7I against my Smoke and Apex 21 7Is. A tiny bit more compact, but nothing that looks too intimidating over the ball.
View attachment 9256140
View attachment 9256141
View attachment 9256142

Looking forward to testing this one out and seeing how it compares. Same shaft as I have in the Smokes so should be as apples to apples as I can make it.
You don’t have to hit it like me to play these irons. With the weights you can customize them for your swing. That’s the beauty. But the beauty, forgiveness and feel will still be there.

Just built for you

My demo 7I came today. Don't have @Wildcat's game so had to go with the standard 7I. This thing looks awesome and I'm pumped to get it on the range/course.

Sometimes it's the little things and Edel excels there. A nice little valuables pouch with the wrench in it. The wrench will go in one of my bag pockets but the bag will not be wasted. Also the finishing on these is excellent. From the satin finish to the paint fill and the matching hosel. Love it.
View attachment 9256136

Here's some comparison pics with the SMS 7I against my Smoke and Apex 21 7Is. A tiny bit more compact, but nothing that looks too intimidating over the ball.
View attachment 9256140
View attachment 9256141
View attachment 9256142

Looking forward to testing this one out and seeing how it compares. Same shaft as I have in the Smokes so should be as apples to apples as I can make it.
Did you get a chance to weigh it for SW?

The marketing strategy in part by @EdelBlake is so smart. The SMS is so different and Edel is not top of mind (they should be) that getting these irons in the hands of players is so important.

Hitting these irons just changes perception. It did for me and it’s happened more times at the range than I can count.

The marketing strategy in part by @EdelBlake is so smart. The SMS is so different and Edel is not top of mind (they should be) that getting these irons in the hands of players is so important.

Hitting these irons just changes perception. It did for me and it’s happened more times at the range than I can count.
Everyone that asks about them i tell them to hit whatever iron they want! They all love the feel and sound and are totally into the weights being able to be moved around if needed.

Everyone that asks about them i tell them to hit whatever iron they want! They all love the feel and sound and are totally into the weights being able to be moved around if needed.
Knowing what I know now this is embarrassing to post.

Many had the SMS wedges in league and was always tempted to try them. I believed in the SMS tech but thought it may be a gimmick, like an infomercial club.

What I didn’t know but should have is the quality of the brand. These aren’t irons with a great idea.

These are premium irons that have more thought into them than just the SMS. The quality is top level and every detail is thought out. Players built these clubs to perform at exacting levels. I’m just happy that THP was able to get these in my bag.

Just checked again to be sure. It’s in the D3 range but really close to D4.
Looking forward to seeing how it stands up against your gamers.

Working on learning to hit knockdown shots today. It was a perfect day to practice as we had a 20mph headwind on the range. I started out with a GW/PW for a 100 yard shot trying both clubs and was doing pretty good. We went out to a 145 yard pin and i was using my 7 iron and rolling them right up on the green. The wind picked up and i had to use my 6 iron for that shot. Finished up with some 4 irons and called it a day before the wind got any worse.

Not my best day with the irons but i did have a nice 35 yard eagle chip in with my set GW so that made it an awesome day!

Last two rounds the irons have been way better. I am way more comfortable hitting a lower trajectory shot. Today I played with @Wildcat and we played from the tips. The course today was really dry and the greens were not holding anything. Even chips were getting ridiculous roll out. There was zero reason try and go at any flags. My plan became to land way short of the green and run up.

It was fun changing up the thought process and trying different shots. I made some nice iron shots today with the best one on a 206 yard par 3 I put to about 10 feet from the pin with my 6 iron.

Planning a few range sessions this week to keep the work progressing on the lower shot.

Took SMS 7i to my club guy to replace the SteelFiber shaft with an Accra TZ 105 and I’m excited to get it back!

Forgot I hit this at the end of my range session last night. Haven't messed with any of the weights yet, just took some swings at the end of my 1.5 buckets. Even with the heavier shaft I had no problem launching the SMS 7I. Contact was pretty solid and they few that I did hit felt pretty spectacular. Distance wise, I think it was a little shorter than my Apex 7I but I was a bit gassed so easily could have been me. I like the looks of these irons. Look solid at address even and though they're a little shorter heel to toe than my other irons I didn't feel any trepidation about making good contact with them. Next time I have it out I think I'll probably throw the heavy weight in the heel and see how that works out.

I put the SMS back in the bag for a round on Sunday afternoon. I forgot how good these are. I need to get on a range and get used to them again as they have 95g graphite shafts in them compared to the 120g steel I have in the Srixon irons. They are just so good when you strike them right.

Forgot I hit this at the end of my range session last night. Haven't messed with any of the weights yet, just took some swings at the end of my 1.5 buckets. Even with the heavier shaft I had no problem launching the SMS 7I. Contact was pretty solid and they few that I did hit felt pretty spectacular. Distance wise, I think it was a little shorter than my Apex 7I but I was a bit gassed so easily could have been me. I like the looks of these irons. Look solid at address even and though they're a little shorter heel to toe than my other irons I didn't feel any trepidation about making good contact with them. Next time I have it out I think I'll probably throw the heavy weight in the heel and see how that works out.
How do the lofts compare?

How do the lofts compare?
1.5˚ stronger in the Apex, and the distance difference wasn't a ton. I could absolutely play those distances, and would probably settle into the clubs fine after some time and find a touch more with them.

Range day with my coach and still working on the lower ball flight. I really like hitting that shot and it feels very consistent. Went through most of the irons and finished up hitting low 4 irons in case i need to get out from under the trees :ROFLMAO:.

Today we played some longer tees and that left me some longer than normal approach shots and long par 3 shots. I had one of the best long iron days I have had on the course. I hit lots of greens and on the par 3s I made par on 4 out of the 5 we played. Tomorrow’s round is expected to have some big wind so we will see if the lower ball flight shot I have been working on will work out for me.

Hit the SMS 7i + TZ 105S combo today on a sim. Was getting 160-170 carry. I love the feel…seriously one of the best feeling irons I’ve hit in a while.

IMG_1353.jpeg
IMG_1354.jpeg

Hit the SMS 7i + TZ 105S combo today on a sim. Was getting 160-170 carry. I love the feel…seriously one of the best feeling irons I’ve hit in a while.

View attachment 9263202
View attachment 9263203
I'm really curious about that shaft. I've been seeing about 155 with the Modus 120 in my demo which is a little shorter than my Apex, but couldn't agree more on the feel. Centered shots with these feel really good.

I'm really curious about that shaft. I've been seeing about 155 with the Modus 120 in my demo which is a little shorter than my Apex, but couldn't agree more on the feel. Centered shots with these feel really good.
I’m bringing it so anyone can try it

I’m bringing it so anyone can try it
I will definitely be giving it a swing. I'll have mine as well. Have you moved the weight at all? I'm still just hitting mine every now and then. Think I need to move the weight into the heel though like my wedges.

I will definitely be giving it a swing. I'll have mine as well. Have you moved the weight at all? I'm still just hitting mine every now and then. Think I need to move the weight into the heel though like my wedges.
I tried the heavy weight in all 3 positions. I was pulling almost all iron shots so wasn’t surprised when I continued that trend with the heavy weight in the middle and toe side…actually was similar with it heel side too IIRC. However, I hit it again about 30 minutes later (still heavy heel side) and hit a couple baby draws that started just right of center and ended really close to the center line. Those were about perfect although spin was lower than I’d like.

I have the modus 120 in my 7i too. Tried to get something close to the modus 105s in my gamers. I think I’m probably a couple of yards shorter.

Couldnt agree more on the feel. These are as buttery as can be on those good strikes.

Where did you settle in having the heavy weight?

Back