First range session is done! I really like the new irons with these shafts. Here is the first hit with them dead center with the GW. I then went to the 8 iron and they were flush. I hit each iron well today. I ran into @Roadrunner on the range and i was hitting my 5 iron when he walked up. I was flushing it to the same spot each time. For my first session out I'm am very pleased. Looking forward to some rounds this weekend. Lesson is booked for Wed pending the rain so hoping it holds off to get some distances dialed in a bit.
edel88I.jpgedelb.jpgedelg.jpg

First range session is done! I really like the new irons with these shafts. Here is the first hit with them dead center with the GW. I then went to the 8 iron and they were flush. I hit each iron well today. I ran into @Roadrunner on the range and i was hitting my 5 iron when he walked up. I was flushing it to the same spot each time. For my first session out I'm am very pleased. Looking forward to some rounds this weekend. Lesson is booked for Wed pending the rain so hoping it holds off to get some distances dialed in a bit.
View attachment 9240826View attachment 9240827View attachment 9240828
Yep, @Doubleb21 was absolutely smoking those irons. I tried out the 6 & 8 irons, and they felt so nice, even with industrial weight shafts 🤣

Yep, @Doubleb21 was absolutely smoking those irons. I tried out the 6 & 8 irons, and they felt so nice, even with industrial weight shafts 🤣
One day I’ll get you into a set. The longer you resist it only hurts you 😂😂😂

Smokin’! I hope you love them out on the course!
I’m sure I will after my range session yesterday! Sat will not be getting here fast enough.

Early morning range session today. It was 55* and i wanted to get a feel for some distances with the new SMS irons. I picked up right where i left off yesterday with the swing. I truly am glad i went all SMS they are a great size and look really good at address. There was an area where a green use to be at 140 yards. I hit a lot of GW PW and 9s seeing where i was landing. The 9 iron was dropping right on the old green. The weight in the center spot is the ticket for me. Nice high baby draws with that set up.

Swing is rusty at best. Today however the SMS irons were really good. Recently put them back in the bag. They are just slightly shorter distance wise than my other set but contact today and the last couple sim sessions was really good. Wind on course today could have had something to do with distances also. They will be in the bag for a while. Give them a chance to shine.

I am wanting to be on the range right now but it is pouring rain and 40 degrees. Will have to wait till tomorrow.

I am wanting to be on the range right now but it is pouring rain and 40 degrees. Will have to wait till tomorrow.
We have wind gusts tomorrow to 35 mph hour or better most of the day. Not ideal conditions for sure.

Was able to get some trackman time late this afternoon. I hit a lot of irons working on getting the distances figured out a bit. It was cold Ana’s raining for the last half of the lesson but I left feeling I have a good idea on what club to use when I hit the course. I know it will take a few rounds to see how it all works out. Not bad results for being in 3 layers and rain. The DartV with the SMS is a nice combo. The feel is incredible and I really like the high ball flight.

Here is a GW shot.
IMG_4664.jpeg
Moved to the 8 iron
IMG_4668.jpeg
IMG_4669.jpeg
I really want to get dialed in with a 5 iron so I plan to hit it a lot during my lessons coming up.
IMG_4670.jpeg
IMG_4671.jpeg
IMG_4672.jpeg
Finished up with some 7 irons.
IMG_4676.jpeg
IMG_4677.jpeg
IMG_4678.jpeg
IMG_4679.jpeg

Great first 9 holes today with the SMS irons. It was great to get out on course and get a feel for the distances. First iron shot of the day was from the center FW at 114 yards and I stuck my GW right of the pin!
IMG_4776.jpeg
Everything today was a nice high tight draw. The distances were good for the cold temps and slight wind. I did make one birdie on a 118 yard par 3 that is uphill. I hit my PW because there was a slight headwind and dropped it on the green with a slight spin back. I was able to sink the putt.
IMG_4781.jpeg
Looking forward to my full round in much warmer weather tomorrow!

I love the set GW! Practicing longer bump and runs today with all my wedges and this just works so good for me. I was trying to get a feel for what club works best for different shots. I finished up on the range hitting some long irons.
gw.jpggw1.jpg
58w.jpg

Put in a 2.5 hour range session today working 90% of the time on my irons. I was really working on getting the hands higher and a better hip turn. I hit a lot of balls this afternoon and that work payed off. I was able to really get the feel and results I wanted. I was getting my 9 iron out to a green at 145 -150 Yards Which is where I expect that club to be. I was hitting nice high bay draws each time. Tomorrow is lesson day and will keep the work going.

Only got to play 9 today and the SMS irons and I are getting in a groove. The ball flight is nice and high and I feel the distances are creeping up now that I have more time with them. I played the back tees today and hole 9 was 186 to the pin. I pulled the 5 iron and flushed it. I dropped the ball about 5 yards past the flag. Full rounds the next two days are scheduled!
IMG_4827.jpeg

Had a great round with the Edel’s today. Shot a 37 front just one bogey and a 41 back. Only one bad iron swing and that was on a super hard approach shot. Here is crazy stat for me I had 13 GIR’s today. On the front 9 I hit 8 and the only reason it was not 9 is I went about 4 yards long on hole 2. I’m not sure I have ever hit that many greens before in a round. I also threw some approach shots in close. Another round is on tap for tomorrow!

Went even par on the front 9 today and 39 on the back. I had 12 GIR and just missed 4 others that were within a few yards of being on the green. I went long on a par 3 today as I thought the wind was a two club but I hit the ball right where I wanted to. Very happy with the distances and feel I now have them pretty dialed in. Like my wedges the weight positions will not be changing my fitter did an amazing job getting them set up properly.

Tested wedges today and brought my GW for gapping purposes.

Biggest takeaway is the snow needs to melt quick so I can go play. They still feel great.

Went even par on the front 9 today and 39 on the back. I had 12 GIR and just missed 4 others that were within a few yards of being on the green. I went long on a par 3 today as I thought the wind was a two club but I hit the ball right where I wanted to. Very happy with the distances and feel I now have them pretty dialed in. Like my wedges the weight positions will not be changing my fitter did an amazing job getting them set up properly.
I’ve never seen such a difference in a set of irons in such a short time with you with these. You’re working so hard on your game but these work for you

I’ve never seen such a difference in a set of irons in such a short time with you with these. You’re working so hard on your game but these work for you
They do for sure!

What would you say your typical GIR was before gaming the SMS? 13 and 12 is pretty fantastic! Were you fighting a particular miss in your irons that these have helped with? Curious since you have the heavy weight in center vs out in the toe or heel where others have placed it to help with the face at impact and things like that.

Back