• Backseat of the Uber/Lyft

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Restaurants

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • I don't wear sandals in public

Votes: 35 59.3%

• Total voters
And pics are unnecessary

I should clarify my answer then, i don't wear sandals.

But i do often wear male thongs when traveling.
Suddenly l feel
Very nervous lol 😂

I wear Birkenstocks a ton in the summer at home, on days off, and on quick trips to town. I usually wear a pair to the golf course and put them back on after my round.

Also have a pair in my hockey bag for use in the shower.

Always closed toe shoes on an airplane.

The only person that looked good in sandals was Jesus!

I am usually only wearing sandals on or near water or around the house. But during the summer will wear them out and about.

I have done a lot of competitive sailing in my day. Big races like the Detroit or Chicago to Macinac. Small races like weekday meets. If you got on a racer without deck shoes on, you would be booted off the crew......
Certainly the norm for racers and any fishing boat is clean deck shoes but most boaters are not competitive sailers. For recreational boating, common etiquette is to remove your shoes or certainly ask before boarding and if shoes are allowed, carefully inspect before boarding. A shoe with a small rock stuck in the sole can do lots of damage to a teak or even fiberglass deck.

Every gas station on the road trip.​

Backseat of the Uber/Lyft​

Restaurants​

I wear slides almost everywhere unless it’s cold, rainy, or snowy. I answered Restaurants as more diner type places. A nice restaurant will get shoes. Growing up in Hawaii meant slippers and flip flops were appropriate footwear just about everywhere.

Every gas station on the road trip.​

Backseat of the Uber/Lyft​

Restaurants​

I wear slides almost everywhere unless it’s cold, rainy, or snowy. I answered Restaurants as more diner type places. A nice restaurant will get shoes. Growing up in Hawaii meant slippers and flip flops were appropriate footwear just about everywhere.
There's not a place in town here that you can't get into in flip-flops, shorts and a t-shirt or tank top.

...but that's a combination of a lack of high-end dining places as well as the whole laid back "lake attire" thing.

There's not a place in town here that you can't get into in flip-flops, shorts and a t-shirt or tank top.

...but that's a combination of a lack of high-end dining places as well as the whole laid back "lake attire" thing.
Havasu area? i never made it out there. I couldn’t really do slippers during the day in Tucson. It was just too hot in the summer. It felt like my skin was burning regardless of how dry the heat was.

Havasu area? i never made it out there. I couldn’t really do slippers during the day in Tucson. It was just too hot in the summer. It felt like my skin was burning regardless of how dry the heat was.
Yep, Havasu. The whole town basically exists for the lake. It's a great vibe until you need a business/contractor to do something, "lake time" is a real thing! They'll get around to you when they get around to you.

I wear slides or go barefoot around the house, but if I'm leaving my property, I wear shoes.

Dress code policy:

For men sandals are to be worn at the beach or pool area.
Women with pedicured and polished nails may wear sandals to a wide range of locations and environments.
What about men with pedicures?

Boating etiquette is to always remove you shoes before boarding unless it’s a fishing boat. Barefoot is the standard so if you own a boat your going to see a lot of bare feet. :)
Yeah, we pretty much all ditch our sandals/shoes as soon as you take off. After clanking my foot on dock cleat I usually wear a more substantial sandal with straps, rather than flip flops. Deck shoes are nice for protection but so hot when your making those trips down from the parking lot and dock ramp.

Voted "Don't wear sandals in public" but really just not in the scenarios presented. Resort vacations, beach trips, lake trips, pool days, etc. Always in sandals to flip flops depending on the day. A lot of the resorts we travel to have the "no open toe shoes for men" in the restaurants.

Traveling to Lexington today for a WWG fitting.

Am I doing it right?
IMG_9857.jpeg

I voted for everything except "I don't wear sandals in public". I wear flip flops anytime it's warm enough and a decent amount even when it's not. During the summer I am barefoot a lot as well.

Nope. I wear them to and from the beach or pool. That's it. In 2005 I came back from Iraq and went with a group of fellow Marines to get pedicures in Southern Cali. The little old Asian woman, bless her heart, told me my feet looked angry. I took that to heart and now they don't come out often.

Let my digits breathe in peace.

But no, not on planes. Ya’ll must lose your minds at beaches and pools.

Back