• Backseat of the Uber/Lyft

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Restaurants

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • I don't wear sandals in public

Votes: 35 59.3%

• Total voters
Extra Terrestrial Ufo GIF by DefyTV

Was on a shuttle to terminal last week, guy had the painted nails (no manicure though). Thought how cute his daughter painted his nails. Umm that wasn't it :( Took a while to get it out of my head. Now it's back, thank you:ROFLMAO:
Here to help in anyway possible..

Flip flops as often as i can. Weather permitting. Car trips. Sneakers or casual shoes colder weather and non-car trips. Flip flops packed through.

Put me down as other. 😬

I live in a lake town, everybody here wears flip flops everywhere from March or April until about November. If you have a thing with feet, this is probably a bad place to come because you're going to see a lot of them. In those months, I pretty much only wear shoes if I'm golfing or going to the gym, everything else is flip flops. And for the sub-question about the gas station restaurant, if I gotta go I gotta go, I don't care what I'm wearing on my feet.

I voted Cruise, but I guess it depends on where the cruise is. Tropical/warm cruise, absolutely; Alaska cruise, no freaking way. I wouldn't wear them to airports/while flying, because airports and airplanes are nasty dirty places with nasty dirty people.

Last edited:
Boating etiquette is to always remove you shoes before boarding unless it’s a fishing boat. Barefoot is the standard so if you own a boat your going to see a lot of bare feet. :)
Definitely a boating etiquette thing here (pleasure boating, not fishing boats). Nobody wears shoes on a boat, they come off immediately. If you're coming aboard off the beach, sit on the bow and get the sand off your feet - or use the foot tub most people set out if you're beached in a cove where people are repeatedly climbing on/off the boat.

A guy I know jumped onto my buddy's boat wearing tennies and crew socks, he got trashed by everybody else on the boat for being a geek (and for tracking a ton of sand onto the boat!)

I used to, nowadays I just wear sneakers everywhere. Comfy and stylish.

Boating etiquette is to always remove you shoes before boarding unless it’s a fishing boat. Barefoot is the standard so if you own a boat your going to see a lot of bare feet. :)
This is kind of where I come from. Family had a lake house for a long time and is you're on a boat every day you pretty much live in sandals you can slip off at the end of the dock. Same for beach and boat type things. And it just turns into the daily.

Have never had a pair of sandals on my feet in my life. I’m ok with it… am I missing something?

Gas station bathrooms? Don’t make a habit of it but, if you gotta go, you gotta go.

• Mind Blown
Reactions: Bus
Have never had a pair of sandals on my feet in my life. I’m ok with it… am I missing something?

Gas station bathrooms? Don’t make a habit of it but, if you gotta go, you gotta go.
Yes. Yes you are.

Probably depends somewhat on where you live/grew up. I'm sure flip flops/sandals are nowhere near as common in the frozen tundra states as they are in warm weather and/or coastal states.

I have never worn sandals in my life....that is actually a true statement believe it or not. I don't even wear them when going for massages. When I go to the beach I usually wear old runners

I have done a lot of competitive sailing in my day. Big races like the Detroit or Chicago to Macinac. Small races like weekday meets. If you got on a racer without deck shoes on, you would be booted off the crew......

@OldandStiff … definition of sandal ?
Roman style sandal ? Or what in Australia we call thongs ?

I live my life completely sandal-free.

@OldandStiff … definition of sandal ?
Roman style sandal ? Or what in Australia we call thongs ?

I should clarify my answer then, i don't wear sandals.

But i do often wear male thongs when traveling.

I almost exclusively wear Reef flip flops, once they form to your feet they're comfortable like no other shoes. I was leaving a friend's house one night and our two identical pair of Reefs were sitting next to each other beneath their entryway table - I slipped my foot into the sandal without even looking while I was talking to them, and I could immediately tell it wasn't my pair just by how they felt different on my feet.

I almost exclusively wear Reef flip flops, once they form to your feet they're comfortable like no other shoes. I was leaving a friend's house one night and our two identical pair of Reefs were sitting next to each other beneath their entryway table - I slipped my foot into the sandal without even looking while I was talking to them, and I could immediately tell it wasn't my pair just by how they felt different on my feet.
1000066361.jpg

Hell yes to all that?

Live forum appropriate and feet free pic for added emphasis. 😆

I wear shoes when i Fly, always. I wear Hoka Slides or Reefs when i drive.

Back