Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Backseat of the Uber/Lyft

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Restaurants

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • I don't wear sandals in public

Votes: 35 59.3%

• Total voters
Very strange. It’s the common etiquette. We were just on a sunset charter two days ago and they had basket for everyone to remove their shoes before boarding.
Etiquette and safety too. Most shoes aren’t designed to be walking around a wet boat.

I never wear sandals and don't even own a pair. However, I do wear slippers (flip flops) almost all the time when I am in the Philippines, and on many occasions in the U.S..

I mean, the kids are doing it...
30 Rock Fellow Kids GIF by Peacock

I never wear sandals and don't even own a pair. However, I do wear slippers (flip flops) almost all the time when I am in the Philippines, and on many occasions in the U.S..
Wait, what qualifies as sandals of flip flops don't? I'm so confused! 😂

I don't own any sandals. Flip flops at the beach and the pool, otherwise if it's warm out I'm wearing Hey Dudes.

Once the warm weather starts, the Keen sandals go on and stay on until it gets to freaking cold.

If it's warm enough, I'm in sandals as much as possible.

Wow, I'm reminded this morning how my stance has not wavered:sick:

Definitely not for flights. One time I had to ride the emergency slide and sandals would have been no good.

As for car trips I will. At this stage in life I’ve perfected the art of not pissing on my feet at public restrooms.

This has inspired a similar thread….

I never wear them. I have different sneakers, so when I travel, I just wear something light and comfortable

Added the "never" for you guys.

Also the SUB QUESTION to one answer -

Do you use gas station restrooms?
I don't wear them for long travel unless driving on a road trip like to or from my ranch, family members house, etc. but will for short trips to the gas station or such.

As for gas station restrooms, only in an emergency. Unless it's Buc-ee's as there's are always super clean.

I like sandals, but mostly around the house. I've never been on a cruise yet, but feel like that would be the only acceptable place of the options.

If have ever do am emergency evacuation from an airplane, the last you want to be wearing is sandals.

If have ever do am emergency evacuation from an airplane, the last you want to be wearing is sandals.
That’s why you wear crocs to fly. In case of emergency you can flip them into all terrain mode and boom you’re good.

Back