Coolest Thing you have Seen on the Course?

Today a chipmunk stood 3ft in front of me while I was ready to tee off. I think he/she realized what was happening and said "Oh :poop: I better get outta the way" :act-up:

While maybe not the coolest, this was by far one of the funniest things I've seen.
Playing on Sunday and we're on a par3 - 165yds.
Pull my 7i and I'm thinking GIR all the way.
I skull it, it's a worm burner - hits the ladies tee marker and ricochets about 40 ft. straight up in the air. The tee marker is now spun around in the wrong direction. My ball lands about 6 yds in front of me. Me and my buddy could not stop laughing.
I then hit an 8i to the right fringe.
Go figure.

That would be a bear.

That would be a bear.

I was on vacation in the mountains of North Carolina and playing a course called Hanging Rock (later Hawksnest, and now no longer in play). We were a hole or two on the back nine and on the tee when we saw a couple of bears meandering down the mountain. One went back up the mountain, and the other crossed the fairway and began munching on something in the rough. We were around 200 yards away, and suddenly the bear rose up and looked right at us. I had no idea their sense of smell was that powerful. The bear then trotted back up the mountain. It was July, and the bears had other things on their minds than bothering humans:bashful:. We were in a cart, but it was a little scary nonetheless. Those creatures can run 35 mph in a straight line.

so i work at a course and i was coming off the range after collecting empty baskets and i witnessed...
a guy had his cart parked under a big tree and almost died
it was unbelievably windy today and the wind blew a branch the size of a log/tree trunk right next to this guys cart
dude jumped out of the cart on the other side so fast he ran into the tree hahaha
it just fell straight down from maybe 30-40ft up and it thudded really loud... almost a boom lol

LOL - did he fall when he ran into the tree? This is a story that's "funny later" if you know what I mean..
Here I usually just see whales, dolphins, squirrels (smart ones) and the planes at North Island are super cool but hold your ears for sure!
My buddy was at North Torrey on 7 which is right on the cliff and he popped his drive real high left and it missed one of those hang gliders by less than 20' -

Forgot to mention Pensacola NAS is home to the Blue Angels And on Tuesday and Wednesday of most weeks (I was there on the course one of those days) they practice their entire routines...You haven't felt the ground shake on a golf course like it does when an F-18 flies over at just 250 feet....Awesome...Sidenote: my brother was the commander and flew Jet #1 during that time...

Just saw this post and it goes with what I was saying above. Not the greatest course in the world but the scenery is one of the best!

Probably the alligagtor that Spank drove me back to see during a round in Florida. I had been hoping to see one the whole time, and finally on hole 17 (I think) there was one in the water. Spank drove up and asked if I saw it, and since I hadn't, I had him drive me back to it!

What was funny was JB was like "Seriously? You're going back for that?" And I said "Yep." We had to wait to hit our tee shots anyway, so I think that kept JB from stressing out too much.

Another cool thing about it was on our way back to the tee box, we saw another one!

we had a tourney last month... all 4 par 3s had stages set up on the black teeboxs with
wait for it

wait for it

exotic pole dancers and bartenders!

we had a tourney last month... all 4 par 3s had stages set up on the black teeboxs with
wait for it

wait for it

exotic pole dancers and bartenders!

Love the How I Met Your Mother allusion!

I was playing a round one time when in the middle of the fairway of the 17th hole addressing my ball, I looked into the house on the left and there was a beautiful brunette haired woman with a perfect bare chest standing in her living area.

There is a course nearby me where you can regularly go play and on a stretch of 3 holes there almost always seem to be herds of deer walking across the fairway or by the tee box. It is pretty neat to see, because the course itself is very nice as well so it just adds to the scenery.

1.) We saw a bobcat on a course near Tucson, AZ. He was just playing around in the fairway bunker as we putted on the green. Very cool! (they have HUGE paws!)

2.) Just before I hit my tee shot down a hole with a small mountain to the left of the fairway, a tire came bouncing out of the desert, through the fairway bunker, across the fairway and into the rough to the right of the hole. Strangest thing ever. We didn't see anyone on the hill when we drove by and around it. Odd.

A fox cub steeling the ball of my playing partner has to be the coolest thing I have seen on the course.

This year it has to be the tiny little fawn that I have seen twice on the practice hole at a local course, Riverside GC Menominee MI. I was hitting some balls on the practice hole last week and heard something bleating, sounded like a lamb. Turned around to look and there was the fawn, about twenty feet away intently watching me. Some folks that had come from the ninth hole were laughing because they said the fawn had been watching me hit shot after shot for a few minutes before it started bleating at me. I wonder if it was griping at me, or trying to give some swing tips. lol

The old guy that somehow got the gas "stuck" on golfcart Saturday morning. Stepped out and cart kept going... he was holding on to wheel with one hand and waving with the other trying to get it to stop just a yelling whooaaa whooaaa stop stop for about 30 feet. I thought for one moment he was going to barrel roll out but he got it stopped. That was fastest I'd seen him move all day. Never laughed so hard in my life!!! :D

The old guy that somehow got the gas "stuck" on golfcart Saturday morning. Stepped out and cart kept going... he was holding on to wheel with one hand and waving with the other trying to get it to stop just a yelling whooaaa whooaaa stop stop for about 30 feet. I thought for one moment he was going to barrel roll out but he got it stopped. That was fastest I'd seen him move all day. Never laughed so hard in my life!!! :D

Still trying to figure out why he would be yelling stop, did he think the cart was going to listen to him?

Still trying to figure out why he would be yelling stop, did he think the cart was going to listen to him?

Not since the cart was listening to me as I was saying GO! GO! GO! to it. LOL

I didn't think anybody had seen me :D

been holding on to these for a little bit forgot to upload them... so Hanks and I met for the first time at a course in Limerick and we were having a great round then on hole 18 we hit our drives i had just hit my 2nd shot onto the green and Todd was lining up to hit his 2nd shot and this happened!

IMG_0569.jpg

IMG_0571.jpg

IMG_0572.jpg

IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

The guy almost ran Todd over as he was yelling..."I'M COMING IN HOT!!!!" he then asked us to grab the basket to slow him down. We helped and i tried to take as many pics as i could cause i was laughing so hard. Then about 100 kids and families came out from the surrounding neighborhood so Todd had about 100 people watching his 2nd shot into the green! (which i believe he stuck) Then the hot air balloon guy had all the kids help him fold up the balloon and had the ranger help move the basket with a golf cart! what a way to end my first round with a fellow HACKER!!!!

that is epic... so much for posting my hawk killing a squirrel and flying away with it story lol

That's one of the best so far! How did you guys never talk about it before now?

(Or did you, and I missed it?)

That's one of the best so far! How did you guys never talk about it before now?

(Or did you, and I missed it?)

well i emailed the pics to Hanks right after we golfed this was on the 4th of July cause i wasn't sure about how to post the pics in the larger size. but Hanks never got them. And i just ran across them when i was taking pics of my new grip on my putter tonight. Yeah it was so funny i was actually a little nervous cause he was really close to landing on our cart and i just wanted to keep snapping photos!

That could be the best golf story ever! Hilarious pick of him addressing the ball with the hot air balloon coming dead at him.

---
- ...just tap it in...

Wild Turkey's getting it on if you know what I mean. Never thought I would have the opportunity to witness that but thanks to golf I can mark that off the bucket list. :laughing:

Those pictures are hilarious. 4th one down makes it look like Hanks is still addressing the ball and ready to hit lol

This isn't technically on the golf course, but it was a cool sight for me on the driving range tonight after a brief rain shower passed through:

6023408785_4b8ec30d28_z.jpg

Coolest thing? That would definitely be the sorority group flashing us during their charity outing. Sorry, no pics.

Back