Coolest Thing you have Seen on the Course?

Monday my friend and I had just finished an afternoon 9, and were sitting on the porch of my course looking out over the practice green and the course having a soda. A group of maybe 20-25 geese came flying from the lake toward the clubhouse in V-formation, directly at us, maybe 15 feet off the ground. As they approached the clubhouse, thay all began to elevate to clear the roof, and next thing I know, I am hearing whap-whap-whap-whap-whap - it was like they gave a signal and every one of them dropped his load on the metal roof - funny as heck.

My brother, who is a year older than me got a hole in one when he was 8 on a par 3 from 121 yards out. It hit the front fringe and two-hopped into the hole. Pretty cool at that age.

I know that to likely any of my golfing brethren and sisters out here this likely won't seem like a big deal. But... seeing that I haven't seen a lot of time on southern courses my first 'gator was an impressive sight. I was so stoked seeing him/her (I didn't wanna lift the tail and look) I loved it... and then I suddenly pictured my coach and thought of Happy and Chubbs.

Alex

I know that to likely any of my golfing brethren and sisters out here this likely won't seem like a big deal. But... seeing that I haven't seen a lot of time on southern courses my first 'gator was an impressive sight. I was so stoked seeing him/her (I didn't wanna lift the tail and look) I loved it... and then I suddenly pictured my coach and thought of Happy and Chubbs.

Alex

Wow. I was just golfing in Florida for the first time this past spring and seeing gators on the course was very cool. I can't say I didn't think of Chubs and Happy. :D

Last summer we were playing on a course that has lots of water holes, dredged ponds, lots of water. As I was in the middle of my back swing on a par 3 with a pond that requires about 185 carry to the front of the green, a huge form suddenly "rose" from the middle of the pond and scared me so much that I took about a 12 inch pancake divot, completely missing the ball and nearly falling over. It turns out to be a local farmer or whoever lives near this hole and decided to "scuba" search for balls towards the end of the day. He had a huge bag of balls over one arm and a scuba tank under the other.

I've seen the President of the United States twice. Last year I was on the putting green with President Obama (about 10-15 yards away) & about 2 months ago I watched him tee off on hole #1.

I've seen the President of the United States twice. Last year I was on the putting green with President Obama (about 10-15 yards away) & about 2 months ago I watched him tee off on hole #1.

Holy sh*t that amazing!!!!

As for me, my top is seeing a squirrel come out and steal my partner's ball, right after he hit his second shot on a 505 yard par 5 to within 10 feet :D

Last summer we were playing on a course that has lots of water holes, dredged ponds, lots of water. As I was in the middle of my back swing on a par 3 with a pond that requires about 185 carry to the front of the green, a huge form suddenly "rose" from the middle of the pond and scared me so much that I took about a 12 inch pancake divot, completely missing the ball and nearly falling over. It turns out to be a local farmer or whoever lives near this hole and decided to "scuba" search for balls towards the end of the day. He had a huge bag of balls over one arm and a scuba tank under the other.

thats funny. ive heard of people doing that but never seen it on the course.

pretty sweet! What course was that?

Back