COBRA AMP Driver & Fairway Woods

Not the best looking clubs but I could look at it if it plays good.

From address I like the look of it. Want to see what that orange looks like in person.

I may be in the minority but I don't think it looks like the rocketballz line

From address I like the look of it. Want to see what that orange looks like in person.

I may be in the minority but I don't think it looks like the rocketballz line

It's been discussed and determined that it doesn't already.

It does not look like the RBZ.

Beast mode from tapatalk

Anyone know what other Cobra drivers the Amp's shaft adapter is compatible with?

Anyone know what other Cobra drivers the Amp's shaft adapter is compatible with?

Looks to be the same adapter they have been using for quite some time now.

I very much like the looks of these. Not sure what it is, but they just look awesome to me.

From the pictures that I have see, I do not like the looks of them. Purchasing clubs is dating. First you got to like what you see and then go from there.

If I don't like the looks of a club, I will not demo them and the end result is I will not purchase them.

I hate the sole, but think it looks really good from address, actually like the looks from address better than the encore.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Well I actually really like the way these look. I sure hope they perform as good as my V Steel because I'd like to upgrade it one day.

I wonder if these were already in development and then when they signed Rickie the marketing people got to pick the color scheme. I'm guessing the proto-types were yellow and black. I don't mind the colors but it screams fowler.

Those were my first thoughts "Made for Rickie" (But was this official yet? him Signing with Cobra)

Personally I like the look for some reason, Cobra certainly are trying to bring in new people with this design.

For everyone who has said that Cobra is targeting a younger market with the whole AMP line, I think you're right. It certainly holds true for me. These are so sweet. Do we have any idea what the headcover will look like? I bet they're sick as well.

You know what, good for Cobra. Has this not been their MO? Put out clubs that have polarizing designs. While I'm not vibing to the amp irons, I'm pretty cool with these.

I wonder how this driver will compare to the Long Tom, which came out not that long ago.

Not a huge fan of the color combination.

Steel tappin' from my iPad

Pretty bold move by Cobra and I think it's really a smart one on their part. They had to find a segment and it looks like they're going hard after the younger crowd, which they can obviously leverage Rickie power with (assuming that's what's happening). I don't know if the color will have the same effect as TM's white for the simple fact that not as many pros will be hitting them, but I guess it gives them a little something extra to shift attention their way in stores.

Interesting colors to say the least. But I could bag 'em if they performed. I had no trouble adjusting to the white, so I am ok with some orange on the sole plate. That said head looks quite nice, wondering how they would perform....

I'm liking this new Cobra stuff, the irons look great, and this driver kinda reminds me of the new Lamborghini Aventador (the lines)
I like the colors, can't wait to hit some of this stuff.

I also received this for a review today. Didn't take pics of it, but GG has that covered quite well in the first post. Actually looks better in person than I expected. The grip is a Lamkin R.E.L 3Gen, which I reviewed recently and was pretty fond of. Weight felt nice and it sets up well. Should be able to hit it soon and hopefully can get some numbers for you all.

I'm REALLY excited to hear about this one Hawk. I'm one of the ones that loves the whole AMP line, and these are certainly no exception. I just love the profile and face of these. They look so sleek to me, more than others for some reason.

did you get the driver or FW?

This is another one I will be watching as I hit this well on the range. It felt fairly light but I was not a fan of the stock grip.

Cobra AMP FW- Preview

Cobra AMP FW- Preview

The latest package of goodies to arrive at the NE office of THP also included the latest FW offering from Cobra....the AMP FW. This one has my attention right out of the box due to it's unique color scheme and it's overall look. For the most part it's a predominantly gray club from club head to shaft with the grip being the AMP signature orange of the men's AMP line. Surprisingly I quite like the looks and hope to see if I like the performance as well. Thank you to Cobra for sending this to THP for testing!

Club Specs-

Club Type- 3W
Loft- 15* (adjustable +/- 2*)
Shaft- Aldila RIP Speed Tuned 55g
Flex- Stiff
Grip- Lamkin R.E.L 3Gen

632f5090.jpg

1d307a61.jpg

f68e6525.jpg

ebea0e59.jpg
87a2edda.jpg

Back