COBRA AMP Driver & Fairway Woods

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
If you received the January issue of the THP Newsletter today then you saw that COBRA Golf has a new line of fully adjustable clubs, the AMP line, coming out for 2012. Below are some additional pictures from what you saw in the newsletter. We are currently working on reviews for these clubs so stay tuned to the forum and homepage.

AMP Driver:
i-d7ZMsBj-L.jpg

i-9Xrm48M-L.jpg

i-gT3mFKm-L.jpg

i-HXbssjm-L.jpg

i-wxfcVw6-L.jpg

i-xw43zHV-L.jpg

i-MS26BLJ-L.jpg

i-bdXjZb9-L.jpg

AMP Fairway Wood:

i-G3hLg8V-L.jpg

i-M85bqjF-L.jpg

i-kVFcGzX-L.jpg

i-MrdLZhG-L.jpg

i-GMNMHbs-L.jpg

i-jwnRsQK-L.jpg

For the first time I am thinking Cobra is designing their products with the younger generation in mind. The color schemes on this product is a bit bold for my personal taste. If the color had been black I might have had a better perspective but the bright orange is overboard for this senior.

I don't even know what to say.

Ugly! If it plays good, I'd play it though.

I'm usually not a fan of bold colors but to me these look ok.

You have to buy an orange hat to play this club

Ready, Aim, (Kindle) FIRE!

A bit too much going on for me, but a headcover fixes that if it plays right.

Do you have a picture of the headcover? Just curious how it would look in the bag.

Not to shabby, the sole not so much but the face and front side views look good. Looking for some feedback on playabilty

I actually don't mind the look at address. I wish it were black but whatever. That sole should be burnt with fire. Who picked the colors of this line? It's obnoxious, at least in pictures

SO noone sees these and thinks Rocketballz? I sure do.

Dont like what I see.

And I'll give Cobra some credit. They didn't go the white route, instead they went the Cleveland route and decided to take the mashie finish and coloring and use it here.

I hope the THP testing goes well, and the age group they are targeting has the money to snap the AMP line-up up.

SO noone sees these and thinks Rocketballz? I sure do.

Why? They are completely different clubs. In fact to start with they are not even the same color. They dont have the same shaft. And play nothing alike. I guess other than that, one could think so, but to me they are nowhere near alike.

Is this as deep faced as it seems in that picture?

Why? They are completely different clubs. In fact to start with they are not even the same color. They dont have the same shaft. And play nothing alike. I guess other than that, one could think so, but to me they are nowhere near alike.

They look identical on the sole, design wise. I mean, identical. Whatever though, I don't care for Cobra and probably never will.

They look identical on the sole, design wise. I mean, identical. Whatever though, I don't care for Cobra and probably never will.

They do? I guess i am just not seeing it.

16626_G_1323873216905.jpg

i-G3hLg8V-L.jpg

You have to buy an orange hat to play this club

Ready, Aim, (Kindle) FIRE!

Nope, if it works for you just spend some time in the Paint Fill thread and change the look, and really do not like the bottom at all. Having said that I would

game it in a minute if it proved to be the club for me. (and leard more about paint fill) :D

aw come on buddy. Is it because of looks or performance or just good old fashion dislike. Without hitting a club or seeing how they perform on the golf course it's not something I would kick out of the bag for performance. With that said the looks of these clubs are leaning towards the younger generation.

Looks like a good price point for this line. I like the forgiveness above and below the equator. I'd like to see these in action.

I actually like the orange. My first thought is Rickie Fowler should dump Titleist and game these clubs! Heck he wears Puma anyways right?

They do? I guess i am just not seeing it.

I have seen pics online where the head was white and the lines instead of orange were green. In that scheme I can see what TC is talking about a little more.

Back