Cleveland Mashie Irons Preview Thread

I have loved the looks of these irons since the first pictures were posted up. Would love to get these next to the Black irons to see how they compete against each other.

Used these for the entire round today and based on my ball striking and score, it was a thrill to work with them for the 1st time. I need more time to get a good reading on what it is that made them work so well for me today, but the high, straight ball was just perfect. Playing on wet grass due to the rain yesterday, the sole design did wonders in keeping me from hitting some bad shots I believe. A little more time before a full first writeup, but so far, I am liking what I am seeing.

I was wondering if you were gaming these today. Really looking forward to trying them out

Thanks for all of the updates JB. I was interested in these since the photos and while I may not be a big fan of the looks - they obviously work and work well. Looking forward to the full write up but I have to imagine that turf interaction is just exceptional with these.

Tappin' from my iPad!

I think these end up in good number of bags when it's all said and done.

The one thing that puzzles me about these irons is why they don't come with the C. Kua iron shafts as a standard option. To me, to make the bag perform uniformly and consistently from hybrids to PW, this is the way to go.

Interesting pics...the topline is a bit massive, but certainly does look like they have a lot of side-to-side prevention going on. I would definitely give them a few swings, and as Wake said, I wouldn't be surprised if they are anti-slice machines.

The one thing that puzzles me about these irons is why they don't come with the C. Kua iron shafts as a standard option. To me, to make the bag perform uniformly and consistently from hybrids to PW, this is the way to go.

I believe the answer would be cost. I think the cost would be staggering and they already have a set in the Black that have a pretty hefty price tag.

I wondered that as well, but I wouldn't be surprised if they come as a custom option. Probably a price issue?

Edit: Too Slow

I think these end up in good number of bags when it's all said and done.
I do too. Do we know a price for this set yet?

I believe the answer would be cost. I think the cost would be staggering and they already have a set in the Black that have a pretty hefty price tag.

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. I look forward to your more detailed writeup on these.

Used these for the entire round today and based on my ball striking and score, it was a thrill to work with them for the 1st time. I need more time to get a good reading on what it is that made them work so well for me today, but the high, straight ball was just perfect. Playing on wet grass due to the rain yesterday, the sole design did wonders in keeping me from hitting some bad shots I believe. A little more time before a full first writeup, but so far, I am liking what I am seeing.

I saw that you hit a ton of greens with these, How was your distance compared to your Z-Star's?

I am really interested in seeing how the Gliderails perform on these. I love the technology on my Mashies and from what I am reading, it performs admirably on the FW too. It will be interesting to see if the Gliderails are of great benefit on the irons.

I too look forward to the full review. I am gaming the Cleveland XLIs.

Are the hybrids that come with Mashie iron set the same as the regular Mashie hybrids? I ask because the lofts listed on the Mashie iron specs (posted on another thread) are 19, 21, and 24 for the 3h, 4h, and 5h. The regular 3h, 4h, and 5h Mashies are at 18, 20.5, and 23.

Last edited:
bump..

They are similar/same heads however do not have the C. Kua shaft and use lofts to better blend with the set.

That sounds like a pretty cool blended set

Ready, Aim, (Kindle) FIRE!

Nice looking clubs! I love the glide rail sole the top line looks a bit chunky in the pics I bet they look better in person.

I missed this before! After playing a hybrid set in which the shaft is the same, I would definitely have to look at the cost to upgrade. For me and where I'm at it just suits me better. I can definitely understand why its not an out of the box option though.

Looking forward to more feedback JB when you're able to get more time with these!

I am thinking about going back to a max game improvement set and these have definitely caught my eye. MSRP is certainly in my ballpark. Especially given that this is a 3-5h, 6-PW set.

Tapatalk

Not sure I like the looks of them. The soles look very large and I tend to struggle with clubs like that.

Ehhh not my cup of tea... but if they perform then they perform

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Ehhh not my cup of tea... but if they perform then they perform

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

I am thinking more of performance lately.

Tapatalk

Back