Callaway Paradym Irons

Well, for Xmas present to myself order the 6 thru AW light shaft from Preowned several weeks back. They have arrived in perfect condition and sitting in a box upstairs, rewrapped after thorough inspection. Will Open up on Xmas morning and very likely if weather permitting will see the range that afternoon. I can't wait to hit these things.

I just need to get it through my brain that it works better than trying to nuke a perfect shot! Easier said than done :LOL:
Hear yah! I just need to club up and forget the emotional baggage that comes with it

Well, for Xmas present to myself order the 6 thru AW light shaft from Preowned several weeks back. They have arrived in perfect condition and sitting in a box upstairs, rewrapped after thorough inspection. Will Open up on Xmas morning and very likely if weather permitting will see the range that afternoon. I can't wait to hit these things.

Congrats on the early xmas present! Look forward to hearing how you like them!

That club has saved me so many strokes this season chipping it is crazy. IF i get new irons next year that 52 might not leave the bag it is so good in that spot.
man, maybe I should take up the offer I got from the Top Golf fitting. I had great 7 iron results but scared of how to gap and handle that end of the bag, scar tissue from past sets, albeit sets that were markedly older than today's tech

I hit a 7 iron at pga superstore. Granted their launch monitors probably have 20 mph of wind gusting behind me but I was blasting it about 175 (normal carry is about 150-155). So I went to get the loft checked it it was 28.5 compared to 33 on my gamers..... Spin rate was about 1500 lower too (5000). At those numbers I probably hold greens but I can figure that part out later?

I hit my buddies. Just silly. I have no need nor desire to carry an 8 iron 165-170. Need at least 5 " wedges" with that setup.

I hit my buddies. Just silly. I have no need nor desire to carry an 8 iron 165-170. Need at least 5 " wedges" with that setup.
I have heard this a lot. To me, if I can hit a 170 yard 8i, that is nothing but positive. I would much rather hit that than a 170 yard 6i like I do now. I would rather carry an extra wedge than an extra hybrid.

I am not sure 170 yard 8i is in my future, but I could sure get down with that if I hit it more accurately than my current 6i

I had not hit my Paradyms in a week and with the Grandaddy going on i had to hit the range this evening! Such solid irons it was a great range session!

I have heard this a lot. To me, if I can hit a 170 yard 8i, that is nothing but positive. I would much rather hit that than a 170 yard 6i like I do now. I would rather carry an extra wedge than an extra hybrid.

I am not sure 170 yard 8i is in my future, but I could sure get down with that if I hit it more accurately than my current 6i
I love the length i get with them. I will take that all day long without question.

Super fun day with the Paradym on the course. No major issues at all with the irons. Best iron shot of the day was a par 3 at 170 yards back into the mountains. I pulled the 7 iron and hit a really nice high tight baby fade and the pitch mark was 2 feet left of the hole! Back at it tomorrow.
IMG_4214.jpeg

Tough day on the course. We had some seriously strong wind the whole day, The wind just never let up. I always have struggled in the wind as I feel I need to swing harder. @Wildcat started helping me learn how to hit a knockdown iron shot today. I think I tried it 4-5 times with some success. That is something I will need to keep learning to have available when needed. Overall a really fun day even In the wind.

Playing a round this weekend (weather permitting) and getting these back in the bag!

Playing a round this weekend (weather permitting) and getting these back in the bag!
How hard will that be given what you just got to hit last week?

How hard will that be given what you just got to hit last week?
It will be very different, to be sure! Think the stuff I got to hit last week was a natural progression, so it won't be too much of a struggle to make the transition back, I believe

It will be very different, to be sure! Think the stuff I got to hit last week was a natural progression, so it won't be too much of a struggle to make the transition back, I believe
that's a spicy tease :)

that's a spicy tease :)
No spiciness at all. The new line just fit comfortably for me and I felt Callaway just continues to take what works and improve on it year over year!

No spiciness at all. The new line just fit comfortably for me and I felt Callaway just continues to take what works and improve on it year over year!

I cant wait for release day to see what's coming!

Hit the range this afternoon. It was windy out so no better time to work on that knockdown shot i was trying over the weekend. I did pretty well with the AW PW and 9 and really tried to pick a target to get a feel for the different distances. I tried it with the 52* set wedge and the 54S and i had trouble keeping the flight down. I managed to hit some nice 5-6 irons in the mix also. Practicing in the wind was good as i really needed to keep the back swing in control.

I cant wait for release day to see what's coming!
There will be a lot to say then! Until that day, these are so good I’m glad I get a few more rounds with them. I told Callaway in the R&D Q&A I love these Paradym irons and just got emotional having to put them away before leaving. I’m glad I get some more rounds in with them!

Spent some time working bump and runs today with different clubs. I usually will use just the set 52* but grabbed the A wedge today for a 41 yard shot i was working on. It was hard to tell how close i was but when i walked up the A wedge bump and runs were really good. I love the Paradym 52* but after 30 yards or so i feel i am leaving myself too far from the pin. Worked the irons on the range after and felt really good with my weight transfer and was hitting my targets. I love practicing!

Spent some time working bump and runs today with different clubs. I usually will use just the set 52* but grabbed the A wedge today for a 41 yard shot i was working on. It was hard to tell how close i was but when i walked up the A wedge bump and runs were really good. I love the Paradym 52* but after 30 yards or so i feel i am leaving myself too far from the pin. Worked the irons on the range after and felt really good with my weight transfer and was hitting my targets. I love practicing!
The A wedge bump and run in a favorite of mine! That club bailed me out a lot especially if I’m on the front fringe and the hole is on a different tier in the back

The A wedge bump and run in a favorite of mine! That club bailed me out a lot especially if I’m on the front fringe and the hole is on a different tier in the back
That is where my 52 has been great. I just wanted to get a longer bump and run dialed in a bit in case i needed it!

Great day with the irons today! 11 GIR in some crazy wind is the best I have ever done. Controlled my backswing really well today. I did end up in some bunkers and made some nice outs to help the score. Shot a 77 today. The work I have been putting in is paying off. Earlier in the week I mentioned using my A wedge for bump and runs for 40 yard shots. I had that exact scenario today for my 3rd shot onto a par 5. I put the ball to 2 feet for an easy tap in bird! Playing an executive course tomorrow so will get allot of iron work in and then back to the grind getting ready for my match next Friday!

Great day with the irons today! 11 GIR in some crazy wind is the best I have ever done. Controlled my backswing really well today. I did end up in some bunkers and made some nice outs to help the score. Shot a 77 today. The work I have been putting in is paying off. Earlier in the week I mentioned using my A wedge for bump and runs for 40 yard shots. I had that exact scenario today for my 3rd shot onto a par 5. I put the ball to 2 feet for an easy tap in bird! Playing an executive course tomorrow so will get allot of iron work in and then back to the grind getting ready for my match next Friday!
Having a good idea of what's coming for Callaway in 24, I can't wait to see because the Paradym irons are some of the best I have ever used.

These are just a must-buy for anyone who isn't looking to purchase the newest released come 24. The discount you get will be well worth it. Buy the Paradym X irons and love all the GIR coming.

I am excited to see what’s coming also. The Paradym have been exceptional irons for me.

Back