Callaway Paradym Irons

These will be headin back to Callaway for the Smoke HLs when they have their trade in days. Just don’t launch/spin enough for me

Has anyone gone from the X to the Standard Paradym? I’m hesitant to make the switch because I’m loving the X’s, but the price on a set of standard Paradym’s through Callaway Pre-Owned is very tempting…

So short story I was fitted into the previous Paradym so be on the look out for upcoming posts once in hand. I’m gonna do some side by side comparisons to my Apex 21s on data. I have some numbers today but I’ll hold them until I have some Paradym numbers.

In the mean time I‘m gonna give you a little summary of how I got fitted into Paradym. So we started with Apex Pro. I was hitting about 145 with a 7 iron at my normal iron speed which is upper 80s. I get into the 90s plenty but my Apex 21 8 iron does about 160 at 87 swing speed as of last data check on swing caddie. So obviously I was losing a lot of distance trying to hit the pros. So we moved on to the AI Smoke. Obviously there was a feel difference as someone who has only played forged. I will say the ball absolutely launches. These clubs were delofted three degrees to the 21s I played each club. I tend to get lots of feedback on Apex and I think with AI Smoke it’s a lot more subtle. I think many players will love that where you swing free and really don’t need consistent feedback. So we went to Paradym. He said this kind of brings you back into forged. He said ideally I would go somewhere in Apex for you since you fall between pro and 21 standard. So he said we’re gonna try to build a Paradym based off what you play. He said first thing that stuck out was I was getting my best strikes with Paradym. He also felt I was testing being able to sculpt like I would with Apex. So what we did was we took my shafts I use for Apex and put them into Paradym. There is a slight loft difference in that the Paradym are slightly stronger so that will be interesting to study.

If you have any questions feel free to ask!!!

Has anyone gone from the X to the Standard Paradym? I’m hesitant to make the switch because I’m loving the X’s, but the price on a set of standard Paradym’s through Callaway Pre-Owned is very tempting…

The main thing that stuck out to me during the fitting as I hit the X a few times just to try is mainly the size. I think if you hit the X consistently well you probably shouldn’t have issues but maybe go up and try a demo at GG just to confirm before you put that much money into it. For me X just felt a bit too big if you are a consistent iron striker. But that’s just me. I know some great players on THP play them and love them.

I put a set of these in play yesterday, and walked away impressed, I forgot to switch out the Shotscope tags, so I don’t have a lot of data yet, but I think I’m going to get along with these swimmingly.

I have been playing a set of Cobra Forged Tec X since 2022, and the Paradym irons seem to have some similarities but I found them slightly more forgiving on mishits.

IMG_1689.jpeg
The Paradym irons have a slightly longer blade length and a slightly larger sole. I didn’t have to adjust distances, as the Paradym are as long as the FTX. This is a big positive for me because one of the biggest draws of the FTX was the distance of those irons.

I didn’t really pay enough attention to this launch when they came out because, honestly I’m bougie and they weren’t Apex’s, but that seems to be an oversight on my part. These are still in line and might be worth another look, because I was very impressed yesterday. More to come…

I'm really going to have a hard time giving these irons back to Maynard when the GOAT Cup is over, I have been hitting these really really well on the range. They launch higher and spin a bit more than the FTX irons that I was playing, but they are more forgiving. The slightly less distance is a price I'm willing to pay to get the increase forgiveness that I am seeing with these Paradym irons.

Has anyone compared the Paradym(std) to the Smoke AIs? Thank you

I haven’t hit the Smoke yet but was curious about this too.

There have been several comparisons in the AI Smoke thread! What would you like to know? AI Smoke has a smaller footprint than Paradym irons. The sole width is smaller and it’s slightly shorter heel to toe (though not by much).

The top line is thinner on the Smokes from the Paradyms and the back of the club is straighter and smoother than the Paradyms. Some folks had issues with the Paradym badging wearing on the back of the iron but Smokes don’t have the same material and there shape is straighter resulting in less clatter in the bag.

From a distance perspective, AI Smokes are a bit stronger lofted and should result in about 3 yards longer shots

The dispersion is much better (for me) with the AI Smoke over the Paradyms on the course!

The feel for the clubs is similar (especially on good hits). Paradyms feel slightly better on mishits.

5e443e86-db9a-4979-8c39-e4154231fb21.jpeg

Thank you @Bryndom
This is what I was looking for. Will check the Smoke AI thread.
I was under the impression the Smoke was larger than the Paradym.
Also the Smoke felt harsher since its not forged. Thanks again!

Thank you @Bryndom
This is what I was looking for. Will check the Smoke AI thread.
I was under the impression the Smoke was larger than the Paradym.
Also the Smoke felt harsher since its not forged. Thanks again!
No problem! We are here to answer questions

Look what just arrived from Callaway!!!!!!!

IMG_4009.jpegIMG_4010.jpegIMG_4011.jpeg

It’s so shiny lol

IMG_4012.jpegIMG_4013.jpeg

IMG_4015.jpeg

So first session out with the Paradyms. Started with PW which was going 135. 9 iron was going 150. What was pretty wild was how high the ball was getting up. Going to have to get some numbers on this. Definitely the highest I‘ve ever seen my irons get up in the air. Control wise the irons were money. Playing some small draws and fades. Swing felt incredibly in control through the entire swing. I didn’t feel I was swinging particularly hard. Honestly only maybe mid 80s versus my norm which about 90s with irons. Definitely want to get numbers on the apex. I’m gonna name my irons “to the moon“ 🚀 🌕

IMG_4026.jpegIMG_4027.jpeg

Apex 21 next to Paradym (7 Iron)

IMG_4028.jpegIMG_4029.jpegIMG_4030.jpegIMG_4031.jpeg

Last edited:
So was able to get some numbers before my swing caddie decided to go kaboom.

9 iron came in at 155 (Pic Below)

6 iron came in at 185 ( 82 mph swing)

8 iron came in at 165 (I assume low 80s but that’s when the SC crashed.)

I accident it forgot my 7 iron from when I was taking pics of it next to my apex.

Right now I’m swinging low 80s due to muscle fatigue still. I hope to get back to upper 80s soon. I swung a few 93s but not ready to get back into that speed yet.

Iron below- Had two on the heel but the rest pretty on the mark face wise

Also that gap wedge is money. I was throwing pitchs at a tree thats at 105 yards in the range and dropping all but two (Out of 12) within 15-20 ft.

IMG_4040.jpegIMG_4043.jpeg

Last edited:
I have acquired some shafts worthy of my Paradym Irons, as soon as I get them reshafted, I will be providing extensive feedback.

Last edited:
I have acquired some shafts worthy of my Paradym Irons, as soon as I get them reshafted, I will be providing extensive feed back.
Hmmmm

So couple of rounds on the Paradyms. First one was a muddy round and was just really hard to get any kind of rhythm going. Still trying get a feel more so on distances. Coming up short on a lot of expected distances right now interestingly. Obviously it’s gonna take time going from mats and what not for months to actual grass. I think I need to get back to a nice easy swing. I think maybe I’m forcing it a bit for whatever reason. I definitely seem to favor my 7/8 iron right now. No particular reason but I seem always love a 7 iron.

So couple of rounds on the Paradyms. First one was a muddy round and was just really hard to get any kind of rhythm going. Still trying get a feel more so on distances. Coming up short on a lot of expected distances right now interestingly. Obviously it’s gonna take time going from mats and what not for months to actual grass. I think I need to get back to a nice easy swing. I think maybe I’m forcing it a bit for whatever reason. I definitely seem to favor my 7/8 iron right now. No particular reason but I seem always love a 7 iron.
Interesting as I was a club longer with the Paradym’s than I was with my previous gamers. Are you attributing that to winter layoff?

Back