Callaway HyperLite Zero Golf Bag

I was going to come in and talk about how I wasn't loving how the straps felt, but my wife told me the other night that they were all out of whack on my back so I made some adjustments and am enjoying the carry a lot more now. The hex backing still isn't perfect, but I think a little more adjusting and it'll fit great.

If I had a singular objection to the design, it's that the internal rubber (which is amazing at what it should be doing) on the top should never be white in any colorway. It's quickly shifting into more of a gray/brown/black whatever I am assuming from the grip hitting it on the way in and out.
Yeah, I am really struggling with this hex strap system

I'm still loving mine I just don't want to tear it up so I will be grabbing another bag.

At the range yesterday

PXL_20230630_002414617.jpgPXL_20230630_002406772.jpg

Last edited:
For as good as the bag looks, and as light as it is, I cannot get the straps in a place where they are comfortable. I feel like I either need a PhD or a tutorial on how to work these things.IMG_6506.jpeg

Last edited:
After carrying the Hyperlite for nine holes, I couldn't help but think if you could combine the best features of it with the Bag Boy ZTF, you would have the ultimate lightweight stand bag.

The amount of storage Callaway has managed to come up with one a 3 pound bag kind of blows my mind. The pockets on the ZTF just weren't large enough for what I wanted. The Hyperlite has a valuables storage pocket and one for a cell phone, which is really nice. The pocket for the water bottle is huge, which makes it super easy to use while walking and even though it's right next to the large front pocket, it doesn't make getting whatever you have stored in there difficult. For me, it was a little tight with the ZTF.

One feature I miss from the ZTF is the velcro to put your glove when you are not using it. It's quick and simple to use. Wish there was one on the Hyperlite.

The legs on the Hyperlite didn't come out as easily as the ZTF. I never had an issue with the legs on the ZTF catching the ground and not being able to fully extend. I had that happen a few times with the Hyperlite.

My biggest issue so far and one that could be a big problem is the strap system on the Hyperlite. I spend about 20 minutes adjusting the straps and still could not get them in the right place where the bag was balanced while on my shoulders. The bag feels like it's in the center of my shoulders so that the top of the bag rubs up against my back and it's just not comfortable. What it resulted in was an uncomfortable carry. I am going to mess around some more so I can hopefully get this figured out.

For as good as the bag looks, and as light as it is, I cannot get the straps in a place where they are comfortable. I feel like I either need a PhD or a tutorial on how to work these things.View attachment 9189848
That Magnum P.I. Head cover is outstanding.

I just went out to the garage and put the straps on inside out and with the flat underside resting on my shoulders and that feels more comfortable. The other way, it felt like the ribs were digging into my shoulders, particularly the right one that has the majority of the weight.

Will test it out next round and see how it goes.

i just replaced my four or five year old hyperlite with the newest version. like others i can't seem to get the straps working right. any tips?

I've been enjoying the Hyperlite Zero bag. Has plenty of room for all my things when I'm taking a cart, and is light for carrying when it needs to be. I have been having some trouble with the full length dividers though. The edges have been getting caught on my shotscope tags, and the edges have been fraying. All in all, not a huge deal, just a bit of an annoyance when that black thread comes out with the golf club, and I have to deal with it before taking my shot.

My time with the Hyperlite did not last long. I returned mine because the straps were unbearably uncomfortable. Disappointing because I really wanted to like the bag and liked everything else about it.

Now that I have a bunch of rounds in with this bag, my thoughts are as follows:

Pros:

It's lite
Storage is very good
Although I typically have issue with 4 way, The full dividers on this bag do a great job to minimize club tangling.
It was offered in plain black with a subtle logo color
It's feels very robust
Bag material seems stout for the long term
Handle placement and ergonomics is fantastic.

Cons:

The straps are just not good. At all:
- They are thin, and lack adequate padding for the long haul.
- The shoulder side should have been done with a different material. They slip of my shoulders. When combined with current golf shirt fabric, I might as well have greased my shoulders.

The Sharpie pocket needs to be deeper. To actually accommodate the full length of a sharpie.
The valuables pouch could be 1/3 less deep. (but at least its not Fairway+ deep)
Molded rubber top snags my putter grip every time (this is more a nuisance)

Overall it's a solid 9/10 But the strap issue is a real problem.

I ended up replacing the straps, with a set off of my Titleist bag in the interim, while I adapt my unused Vessel Double straps to work on the Hyperlite. This should remedy the issue nicely, as the Vessel straps are amazingly comfortable.

Not sure how this happened - bag was on a push cart today.. Guess I'll reach out to Callaway and see if they can do anything. Frustrating.

IMG_9350.jpg

My time with the Hyperlite did not last long. I returned mine because the straps were unbearably uncomfortable. Disappointing because I really wanted to like the bag and liked everything else about it.
This is exactly what happened when I had my Ogio Woode this year. Lasted one outing with it. I just could not get the strap setup in a position that was comfortable (and didn't feel like I was in constant danget of dumping everything out of it).

Sucks that it didn't work out. It looked really really good!

Not sure how this happened - bag was on a push cart today.. Guess I'll reach out to Callaway and see if they can do anything. Frustrating.

View attachment 9198630
Oh Snap! Thats not good at all!

Hopefully it gets remedied for you!

This is exactly what happened when I had my Ogio Woode this year. Lasted one outing with it. I just could not get the strap setup in a position that was comfortable (and didn't feel like I was in constant danget of dumping everything out of it).

Sucks that it didn't work out. It looked really really good!
I wish it worked out as well. Hopefully they will make some changes to the strap system and get more comfortable straps.

Strap system on the new Ultralight simply does not work. Spent over an hour trying to balance the bag on my shoulders but it kept slipping. Also, why would they put a hard plastic piece where the straps come together against your back. Returning the bag.

I took off the strap and put it on my Big Max Ti Lite push cart. Really light combo to push around a soggy golf course.

I had spent most of the summer with a Fairway+ bag on my push cart (low rider baby!) but decided to start prepping for my Ireland trip where I plan to carry my bag. Tried another bag that had less features, weighed more but had very comfortable straps for a couple rounds. Went back to the hyperlite and within 3 holes I knew which bag I would be taking to Ireland.

The features/weight make it a no brainer. This is the best carry bag I have ever used and still looks fantastic after a trip to Bandon and probably another 20-25 rounds used.

Last edited:
I agree - this is a great light bag. I am loving it.

Anyone know if they make purchaseable "ball" pockets. This was the prize for an outing and I don't want the beer logo on my bag. TIA

Back