Callaway HyperLite Zero Golf Bag

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
When the goal is light weight, the stand bag market could be an arms race in losing ounces. Taking a different approach with the HyperLite Zero and instead of focusing on creating the lightest weight possible, Callaway has focused on creating the gold standard in light weight carry bags available.

So what is new? Well, pretty much everything. For those that have heard me rant about golf bag design and innovation, you know where I stand on this. So little headway was made for a number of years and far too many golfers got sucked into choosing their bag strictly based on color, rather than performance. Speaking of functionality, let’s dive into some of the tech.

Continue reading...

Good write up @JB

This seems like a good bag. If you use your motorized cart I would be interested in how the legs hold up to being strapped in there. I feel like my push cart kind of warps the legs on most of my bags.

This seems to check all the boxes. I love a light bag. (Former caddie…)

The SHAFT SHIELD is something that sounds amazing and is long overdue on golf bags. That mesh on the dividers of other bags wears outs seemingly 100 times quicker than anything else on the bags I have owned. Very impressive array of color options.

• Admin
Good write up @JB

This seems like a good bag. If you use your motorized cart I would be interested in how the legs hold up to being strapped in there. I feel like my push cart kind of warps the legs on most of my bags.
I have only used it on a motorized cart one time and it seemed to work rather well.
If I was nearly always a push cart person, I would opt towards one of the bags with LowRider Tech, such as the Fairway+

I am using the Black/White/Sage with the Goat Cup logo on the front and absolutely love that color way.

The SHAFT SHIELD is something that sounds amazing and is long overdue on golf bags. That mesh on the dividers of other bags wears outs seemingly 100 times quicker than anything else on the bags I have owned. Very impressive array of color options.
I had that same thought. Pretty cool new thing on the bag.

It looks good. My experience with Callaway stand bags has been really positive. While some of the elastic and dividers have worn, mine is 10+ years old and is still functional.

Seems well thought out and efficient in how they’ve balanced space and weight.

Is the color you have? I’m liking it.
C65AA399-7CBA-4B31-BEF9-2ABD298EBD10.jpeg

• Admin
It looks good. My experience with Callaway stand bags has been really positive. While some of the elastic and dividers have worn, mine is 10+ years old and is still functional.

Seems well thought out and efficient in how they’ve balanced space and weight.

Is the color you have? I’m liking it.
View attachment 9151482
No sir. In the picture showing all of them in the article, my bag is the fourth from the left.

Although I'm a huge fan of the 14-way divider, I'll have to check this out in person, because a lot of the design makes sense for carrying.

If I wasn't getting a new bag in a few months, this would be a top contender.

Yes finally. This bag looks so good and will end up being my gamer bag once j can get my hands on one! Great write up!!! Ok 22 GD team tell me more!!!

Looks really nice. Prices accordingly. Seems to have every option needed. I like it.

No sir. In the picture showing all of them in the article, my bag is the fourth from the left.
That's a really fresh looking colorway :love:

Nice write up @JB . I'm gonna have to take a look at this bag as walking and carrying is my thing. Interested in the straps and the comfort. Could a pic be posted of the strap set up?

Shaft shield is interesting piece, the white bag looks so nice.

It may not seem like much, but the little things that are being changed are pretty big imo. Reading about the legs and how they have been stabilized is what interested me the most. That is my biggest pet peeve when it comes to the legs on a golf bag.

Nice write up @JB . I'm gonna have to take a look at this bag as walking and carrying is my thing. Interested in the straps and the comfort. Could a pic be posted of the strap set up?
Here is a short video with Brett showing off the features and it shows the straps multiple times.

The SHAFT SHIELD is one area of this bag that stands out to me!

Enjoyed the write up. Will definitely look more into these when I need a new bag. Really like the dividers and over mold to save golf shafts.

I've really enjoyed my Hyperlite 3 over the past several years. The overmold on the top of the bag looks great, and I like a bit more space to get clubs in and out. Plus no mesh to wear out before anything else. Lots of great color options in the lineup too. If I were in the market I'd be looking at this, especially with my experience with the HL3.

I appreciate that the branding is not super large and I enjoy the variety in colors. I walk/push a lot and saving a few ounces In weight doesn’t seem like a lot but it’s huge on hot summer days.

I like what I see with this bag but want to give it a look, lift, and feel in person.

I like a lot that I am reading here. Shaft Shield also fixes one area where I’ve struggled with multiple Cally bags in the past so that’s a huge + in my book. I do wish it had low rider on it, but it’s meant as a true carry bag so I’m good with that.

Im here for the Shaft Shield overmold feature. That is so smart and something that I hope becomes standard for Callaway bags going forward.

Also I would love to see the black/white/sage in person because I think it looks pretty unique in the picture.

It may not seem like much, but the little things that are being changed are pretty big imo. Reading about the legs and how they have been stabilized is what interested me the most. That is my biggest pet peeve when it comes to the legs on a golf bag.
The legs were one thing that stood out to me. They are super sturdy, and they dont flap around.
I was a dummy and left mine in California to be shipped.
I know @drp3434 has used his quite a bit since we got back. I'm sure he'll be along to provide some feedback.

Back