Big Break: Dominican Republic (SPOILERS)

I agree that the 1 stroke advantage given to the team that wins the team challenge is lame. It really makes the entire last segment of the show pointless.
As for the most annoying contestant, I have to say Brian by far.

Watching Blair play the last hole was brutal...but watching that dbag get owned by Lori was priceless.

Just so I understand these people are former/present professional golfers right? Blair on that hole made me look like Tiger Woods.

Didn't anybody watch? I don't want to spoil it too much if everyone has it on DVR.

Kevin

I watched... I absolutely can not stand that dbag Andrew. It's a wonder they manage to get his head in full view considering how inflated it is..

I do like watching the girls more than the guys, I must say... These shows are all too much about drama anymore, and hardly anything about golf.

Didn't anybody watch? I don't want to spoil it too much if everyone has it on DVR.

Kevin

That's why the thread is a spoiler Kevin! Talk away! I just watched it but haven't looked at the thread until now.

I didn't like Lori on her first show and I don't like her now. She has game though and is the best on the team, I think.

Brian is my favorite. I'd love to find a video on YouTube of the things he says. "I wear socks with sandals because I bleach my feet and you gotta keep them white. Same way I bleach my teeth." (Or something like that)

I absolutely can not stand that dbag Andrew.
Whether or not you like him, he sure looks like the most consistent hitter on that team.

I'm still liking the ladies to prevail over the girlie men but it's still very early in the game.

that fat lady sure can play some golf. she's a beast, and very confident.

as far as little G goes, he can be annoying, but he's prolly the best golfer for the men. sometimes i wish i had his confidence on the golf course.

I've watched both episodes now and in all honesty am kinda ho hum about the show. It's not terrible, but it's definitely not great either. That being said, I'm on Team Sara. I too can't stand Lori. She does have game, but her sour attitude just spews from her. Can't say too much about the mens team. They seem decent enough, but the ladies just seem to have it together a bit more. Time will tell how this all ends up though.

I only saw the most recent episode, and aside from Lori saying she was starting to really dislike the guys and their cockiness, I didn't think she was all that bad..

I have a feeling as I see more shows my opinion will change lol.. She sure was clutch though.

Anyone else notice Lori plays in sneakers and not golf shoes? I guess she could really use that $10k Dick's shopping spree. Also could somebody give Guilianni some clothes that don't have NY sports teams on them. Seriously, does he get them for free?

I've watched every episode of every season, but I miss the days of the show when it was a contest of Average Joe golfers.

Sarah and Elena are very easy on the eyes.

Brian is just a tool. In his mind he is the world's best player. In reality, he is an idiot.

I'm pulling for A-Rod and Football....and Sarah and Elena as well :D

Last edited:
I've watched every episode of every season, but I miss the days of the show when it was a contest of Average Joe golfers.

Agreed. The personalities and attitudes of this season's groups, both men and women, leave a lot to be desired. I personally don't like any of them so it makes it difficult for me to care one way or another about this season's outcome.

I am pulling for A-Rod, Football and Sara. Couple of things I think after 2 episodes:

-shocked A-Rod laid sod over his 120 yard wedge shot last night, never saw that coming.
-David is killing the show with his obvious "acting" during his pre-shot routine and overall commentary. It is so fake it is sickening.
-Brian is the definition of a range hero. Can hit all the shots but has just doesn't have the mental game.
-Lori is nerve racking but has serious, serious game.
-Football looks like he may be better than I thought he was. I wonder if he and Lori have competed/played before since they are members of the same club?
-Like everyone said, the 1 stroke lead is asinine
-Too much going on. Like a previous poster said, the producer obviously never saw a promo he didn't like. I like the simplicity of the old formats; immunity challenge, cash competition, elimination challenge.
-Sara Brown is must see TV for me

Said on BB Dominican Republic

"I was able to take my raw talent and turn it into art."

Sarah and Elena are very easy on the eyes.

Brian is just a tool. In his mind he is the world's best player. In reality, he is an idiot.

I'm pulling for A-Rod and Football....and Sarah and Elena as well :D

These guys looks just like the guys I play with on Saturdays...with the exception of Lori.

Just found this out a few weeks ago, my uncle would sometimes play with Sara Brown when she lived in Tucson. Said she tore it up. Cool stuff!

I like that double wall challenge. I'd like to try that. The driving challenge was stupid. Would be easy to build the wall(s) out of pvc and particle board. They should let Brian and Brenda play it off for the show's worst golfer award.

Kevin

They should let Brian and Brenda play it off for the show's worst golfer award.
I really like that idea!!! I'd like to see how Brian reacts after Brenda beats him.

It looks like the guys are going down in this show even faster than I originally thought they would.

Still trying to figure out the whole foot bleaching thing. Not sure what he's snorting but it might be fun to try some

I really Andrew. You will be hard pressed to find a more composed guy on the golf course IMO. With his dad being the former mayor of NY, I would imagine that he has to rep NY and he probably does get his stuff for free.

Said on BB Dominican Republic

"I was able to take my raw talent and turn it into art."

I totally enjoy watching and listening to Brian. Everything he says is a memorable quote. Lots of people don't like him, but I wish I could find a video of all the little blurb interviews on this show and the other one he was on.

i must admit, blake may be the most improved. his attitude is better and his game seems to be a little better. he completely flubbed a chip that cost him but he hit a big drive when he needed to. the boys made some horrible decisions going into the benching challenge and i have no clue why they took on blair and lori. not smart.

I don't think it was a bad idea to take on Blair and Lori. I think that they figured with the 1 stroke advantage they could win and they hedged their bet by putting the strongest player (Lori) with one of the weaker ones (Blair) because if they beat them, Lori would be benched for the next show. Their gamble didn't pay off.

BTW, even though she was sick, Sara looked pretty good.

i must admit, blake may be the most improved. his attitude is better and his game seems to be a little better. he completely flubbed a chip that cost him but he hit a big drive when he needed to. the boys made some horrible decisions going into the benching challenge and i have no clue why they took on blair and lori. not smart.

I totally agree with Blake's improvement.

I can see why they chose the two best women with an advantage going in. I think it is one of those thing where, if you win, you look like a genius and if you lose, you look like an idiot.

Back