Big Break: Dominican Republic (SPOILERS)

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
This starts tomorrow.

thanks for the reminder. I cant wait!

I'm kinda in the dark on this one, I've only watched the past two seasons so I'm at a loss for who all these people are and why I should not like them them, well except for cute ears brown

+1 gotta setup on the DVR.

me too. I am wondering if it will automatically record it since I had the last Big Break recording.

me too. I am wondering if it will automatically record it since I had the last Big Break recording.

I doubt it, since it's not the same name.

I hope this show is going to be on at 9PM Central after this episode, because I have to record this week's Criminal Minds downstairs!

I for one am not looking forward to this season...I always worried that they would turn this show into another "Real World" and 'create' drama just by having the biggest DB's/jerks back to the show...these are former contestants who had their chance and failed (I'm guessing but most never even made it to the final 2 or 3) but are asked back because they want them to act like little brats again...If I want a show like that I'd watch MTV not the Golf Channel...I'd rather see them bring back the former champions to go head to head or something like that...just my opinion

Last edited:
First episode should be Sara Brown modeling lingerie.

I hope this show is going to be on at 9PM Central after this episode, because I have to record this week's Criminal Minds downstairs!

I have the same problem Smalls. I have to watch it live I guess because I have too much recording at the slot. But who cares I get to watch Elena and Blair. Hopefully Blake and Andrew kill each other this season. Big Break MMA edition!

I for one am not looking forward to this season...I always worried that they would turn this show into another "Real World" and 'create' drama just by having the biggest DB's/jerks back to the show...these are former contestants who had their chance and failed (I'm guessing but most never even made it to the final 2 or 3) but are asked back because they want them to act like little brats again...If I want a show like that I'd watch MTV not the Golf Channel...I'd rather see them bring back the former champions to go head to head or something like that...just my opinion

Couldn't agree more. People like Blake, David and Lori were asked back because of acting like a-holes. Which I hate.

But some of the others were brought back simply because they were fan favs, like Sara, Blair and Football. I am all for bringing back the favs and people who never got a chance to make it as far as you sensed they should like Anthony and Elina.

I have watched every season since the 2nd season with the exception of the co-ed edition at Trump's and the one in Michigan. If I am honest they are hit and miss but I still like watching them.

If I am really honest I would admit that I would watch Sara Brown do about anything, anywhere at anytime with a smile on my face. If she makes the LPGA and can get paired with one of the gals who get lots of lens time on the coverage, she will be a hit with sponsors at a minimum.

Couldn't agree more. People like Blake, David and Lori were asked back because of acting like a-holes. Which I hate.

But some of the others were brought back simply because they were fan favs, like Sara, Blair and Football. I am all for bringing back the favs and people who never got a chance to make it as far as you sensed they should like Anthony and Elina.

I have watched every season since the 2nd season with the exception of the co-ed edition at Trump's and the one in Michigan. If I am honest they are hit and miss but I still like watching them.

If I am really honest I would admit that I would watch Sara Brown do about anything, anywhere at anytime with a smile on my face. If she makes the LPGA and can get paired with one of the gals who get lots of lens time on the coverage, she will be a hit with sponsors at a minimum.

awesome post! i'm really on the fence with this show but i know i'll tune in. blake's one of my least favorite contestants of all time. i'd like to punch him in the mouth. the dumbest thing i ever heard him say was, "get off my ball". lol, wtf does that mean anyway?

I am interested to see how the team concept plays out on the show. Could make it more interesting.

I didn't find the episode all that great, but the benching mechanic might make things interesting. However, I think throwing together all these drama queens will just deliver the crap TV that people watch on MTV. They were playing it up big time in the preview for the next episode too.

I wish this was on tuesdays. Too many other good things on network tv to see this.

I'm with you on that one!

I didn't find the episode all that great, but the benching mechanic might make things interesting. However, I think throwing together all these drama queens will just deliver the crap TV that people watch on MTV. They were playing it up big time in the preview for the next episode too.

The segment at the end wasn't a preview of the next episode. It was scenes from the series in general. It makes me wonder if the next episode has much conflict or drama.

The 1 shot handicap eliminated any threat of suspense. I can't believe they contemplated that, let alone decided to use it. It's mathematically clueless to introduce that type of imbalance, particularly when the superior player has the 1 shot spot. It's this season's version of the Save/Send card, something they brought out of nowhere and didn't think out properly. Make it 1/2 shot, if you insist on a handicap. At least that way the disadvantaged player merely needs to win by 1. Seriously, what were the odds of Brenda defeating Anthony by 2 or more over 2 holes?

I'm rooting for Sara to implode and I don't think I'll be disappointed. In Sandals Resorts she brought out the dagger a few times, notably with Kelly and Carling, and got away with it because the victims were classy enough not to call her out. That won't be the case here. Should be delicious when bitchy little Sara finds herself verbally confronted and trumped when the negative whispered lines are heard and responded to by strong personalities.

BTW, few comments on golf forums tonight, significantly less than normal for a Big Break debut. I wonder if ratings will follow suit, or perhaps a simple case of familiarity, and therefore less curiosity and discussion.

I haven't seen this yet. I am down in Tulsa until late Friday so I don't get to see it until Saturday! I just skipped to the end so I didn't see anything that hapened!

With as huge of an advantage as the guys were given for that challenge... why not go after the "top" girls and try to put them in the bind. If you put Lori on the bench week one, she will play very different golf the rest of the way out- particularly when it comes to volunteering to play in future bench challenges.

Is it me or was Blair the only one sweating during the team challenge... not that the glistening is a bad thing.

Count me in as another one that tunes in specifically to watch Sara Brown. Was disapointed she chose the put in the first team competition as I would rather have had her play for the 5 points. Let the weakest player go for the put and let the stronger ones play for more points.

Hye does Guiliani own any clothes other than free Yankee and Giants t shirts that his dad gave him? For the son of one of the most powerful political figures of the past decades, the dude dresses like the son of a day laborer.

i completely enjoyed the first episode. i love the format and i can't wait to see brian implode! i'm not the biggest guiliani fan but the dude can flat out get it done.

Yeah, I also enjoyed episode 1. I think the ladies are going to be tough to beat - seems like they're a more consistent group top to bottom. I think the guys might also trip over their macho-ness gone wild.

Back