Aretera Golf Shafts

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We will have more coming soon, but here are some notes.
Alex Dee, who some might know from Fujikura is involved with a new shaft company.

Alex was with Fujikura for 25 years as Chief Designer and Technical officer and at least in part responsible for Ventus, Axiom and a host of others including their Enso Fitting system. He has left to create a passion project that we will have full details on coming soon.

Not familiar with him, but sounds intriguing for certain!

Oh this is good news. Love having new shafts to try.

Sounds like an interesting project to follow, he's definitely got the creds to back up his products.

This will be interesting.

I remember Alex! Can't wait to see what he has in store for everyone

Good for him. Look forward to seeing what he has in mind.

It's always incredibly interesting to me when new shaft companies are created.

How they apply their craft and what it looks like at production tell a BIG story.

This could be interesting....

Looked up their web page and seems the three listed have a large swath of experience to pick from.

Looking forward to hearing more about what’s to come.

This sounds fun!

We will have a lot more coming soon as they get closer to launch and begin getting used on tour.

@JB do you think the golf boom will lead to more guys like Alex leaving to pursue passion projects?

Looking forward to hearing hearing more about these new shafts.

@JB do you think the golf boom will lead to more guys like Alex leaving to pursue passion projects?
Not necessarily. I think he has goals and ideas and wanted to give it a shot.

Sounds interesting. I’ll be paying attention 👍

Really cool.

This will be a cool thread to follow, THP’ers always like new shafts.

We will have more coming soon, but here are some notes.
Alex Dee, who some might know from Fujikura is involved with a new shaft company.

Alex was with Fujikura for 25 years as Chief Designer and Technical officer and at least in part responsible for Ventus, Axiom and a host of others including their Enso Fitting system. He has left to create a passion project that we will have full details on coming soon.
Very intriguing. Shafts have both come such a long way but also stayed relatively similar. I am very curious what the next stage or evolution will be in the shaft industry.

What!!

I am super interested Alex is very smart in the shaft world.

image.jpg

A passion project? That sounds fun

I love these kinds of “branching out” stories and wish I had the guts to do the same.

What do people want to see out of a brand like this?

What would make a new shaft company stand out?

Back