ANNOUNCEMENT AMA - Ask Us Anything About Equipment, Events or Website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Briggs have the best menu in the network or is there another menu you prefer?

Oh!!!

How long were Albatross coins in consideration, design, and implementation? I would love to here all the who's, why's and where's behind that. I think it is an awesome addition to the forum!!

Worth it would be up to the participants.
The cost would blow peoples minds what a yearly spend is, and we could certainly make more money personally doing them elsewhere, but every single event since switching has changed the game completely and 2024 they are off the charts good so far. I can say confidently that so far 2024 are significantly better than any other year we have held events.
I can say right now that going to every Dormie property is on my bucket list. That's how much I enjoyed it. So I think it's worth it.

Is there any aspect of an experience that we the participants are just missing the mark on? Meaning is there something you wish we'd do better? (Outside of playing faster- we all know that one)

Ever thought of basing a THP event solely around apparel?
I mean we definitely include apparel.
Morgan Cup is 50% Puma
Grandaddy is loads of apparel

But I will pose the question back to the group. Are you going to review it afterwards? Its hard enough getting people to talk about a bag of clubs that just got handed to them, doing so with apparel would be tough.

Ever thought about handing it off? Have other staffers take it over? or add other podcasts?

I get the time and travel obstacles.
WGP? No. Its the worst and they are better than that.
Other podcasts? Yes. We have had others. But the time restraints for real content is high and those guys have a lot going on with articles, digital magazine, traveling, forum testing, etc.

How much (if any) golf do you get to play that's not THP related in some way, like just a casual round with family/friends?
Literally zero.
But I love playing with THPers.

I mean we definitely include apparel.
Morgan Cup is 50% Puma
Grandaddy is loads of apparel

But I will pose the question back to the group. Are you going to review it afterwards? Its hard enough getting people to talk about a bag of clubs that just got handed to them, doing so with apparel would be tough.
Heck yea. I've been wearing apparel all my life i'm like a +2 handicap in apparel wearing, so I actually think it would be easier to review that then clubs which really need data, some experience in the sport, and just loads of other talking points to be effective.

I feel like apparel is easy to review?

THP Travis Matthew Experience here we come.

does golf cart life live up to the hype? Asking for a friend…
I want to tell you it doesn't. I really do.
But buddy, its better than advertised.

Do you have a favorite grass to play off of, both fairways and greens?

From previous events have you found that reviews are more effective pre-event or post-event? Which gets more interaction?

Does Briggs have the best menu in the network or is there another menu you prefer?
No, but it depends on what menu. So typically we dont order off the menu and its done with GG and the chef creating something.
But lunch menu might be Ballyhack. Victoria National has a very solid dinner menu.
Hidden Creek and their seafood and pizza oven are mind blowing.

Oh!!!

How long were Albatross coins in consideration, design, and implementation? I would love to here all the who's, why's and where's behind that. I think it is an awesome addition to the forum!!
Three years. It was something we discussed 3 years ago with a couple of our partners. THey were all in. Had it on the backburner for a while until a conversation with Jason at the Goat Cup spurred me to see what we could do (legally) and how it could be done.

Skimmer...

I kid. Yes, at some point, but with travel what it is right now its just not feasible. I leave Friday for a 32 day stretch and that makes streaming challenging.

Oops. haha.

Yeah I figured it was more travel and timing related than anything else. Glad to hear it will eventually.

I can say right now that going to every Dormie property is on my bucket list. That's how much I enjoyed it. So I think it's worth it.

No kidding. Each one is so unique and wonderful. I’m in, let’s go.

Is the TRUSS feature on putters the worst idea of recent years?

Three years. It was something we discussed 3 years ago with a couple of our partners. THey were all in. Had it on the backburner for a while until a conversation with Jason at the Goat Cup spurred me to see what we could do (legally) and how it could be done.
I think it is a lot of fun. I dont expect to do very well. lol.

Is there any aspect of an experience that we the participants are just missing the mark on? Meaning is there something you wish we'd do better? (Outside of playing faster- we all know that one)
Thats really not for me to decide. If it were I would say discussing gear post review.
The amount of people that literally make a single post or no posts and then signup to move onto the next brand would really blow some minds. Its noticed (not by me) and has caused a brand or two to want to change things.

It doesnt have to be reviewing the equipment, some don't love that, and we dont want to keep them from experiences. It could be just being engaging or asking questions in that gear thread. It could be asking for info on the technology component. It doesnt have to be "Played today, hit drives straight, its awesome". Nobody cares about that at all genuinely.

Have you ever considered a calendar for all of the events, reviews etc that are going on that's on the top banner?

Something that can be added to with a hyperlink so people can easily search past reviews. There was a comment by someone (maybe you?) that a lot of forum members don't know where the homepage is. I know I don't use all of the banner drop downs I'm not sure about how they look on the back end for usage.

Heck yea. I've been wearing apparel all my life i'm like a +2 handicap in apparel wearing, so I actually think it would be easier to review that then clubs which really need data, some experience in the sport, and just loads of other talking points to be effective.

I feel like apparel is easy to review?

THP Travis Matthew Experience here we come.
I mean you have been on THP for several years and I dont seem to see any apparel reviews from you.
So the plus handicap might be a bit vanity :D

Nobody needs data to have a club review. Reviews have been going on for years long before places had launch montiors.

From previous events have you found that reviews are more effective pre-event or post-event? Which gets more interaction?
Pre probably, but thats not possible for a lot of our events due to launch dates.

I've gone back and read through a ton of THP Experiences that went on during my time of hibernation, but curious, how was the relationship with the Dormie Network established? They seem to be an 100% class act and really enjoy hosting the events. Seems like the perfect partnership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back