ANNOUNCEMENT AMA - Ask Us Anything About Equipment, Events or Website

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is your biggest sleeper product of 2024 so far?
I have a few.
Cleveland Launcher XL2 driver for speed and forgiveness. That driver is FAST.
Mizuno ST-Max driver for the total package. It beat the 10k twins for me personally in both speed and speed retention laterally. Granted, it was a single range session, but it prompted me to drive to Mizuno HQ and talk about the why, which we filmed.
Im not sure Odyssey can ever really be a sleeper product, but I find their latest putters to be the best they have ever produced.

Who do you think is the best player in this coming NFL Draft ?

Did you ever come up with an experience idea that you were really excited about and it ended up not materializing (either because of sponsor, logistics, timing etc)? What was it and would you revisit?
Yes, lots of them actually.
The first one involved a boat ride from WI to MI and playing a course on each side, but getting any ROI on any of these is challenging, getting them on something that would cost that much was impossible.

What's your favorite ball marker?
I actually dont really have one come to think about it. I typically use a tee or one of those little dormie flag coin things.

Favorite Dormie Scent?

I might of missed an update elsewhere but... how's the elbow?

What’s your favorite part about running THP?

What do you anticipate for the future of experiences? Seems like they keep getting bigger and better each one, and curious how you keep adding to them from a planning standpoint.
The future? I mean I am already planning the future so I kind of know.
They will continue, but we will be eliminating a number of them.
When it comes down to it, its what people follow and care about that will continue. So in essence, you guys decide what comes and goes.

When you have to play a specific brand of equipment at an upcoming experience, how long before the experience do you put them in the play?
Day of.
But to be fair, I have been fit for most of it visiting the different companies and play all of it all of the time.

Can you pull the curtain back on how Matt Wood came into play for the Grandaddy. I think it's an amazing pick, but curious how that one goes down.
Sure. Its something Jason and I have been discussing for a long time.
We talked about captain and talked about ass cap and talked about just as a participant.
We settled on Teammate #1 and really think it goes to the roots of the event and sharing what makes it so special.

Matt was a big part of this taking off.

I know you're plugged in to a lot of what's going on in the equipment side of the industry. If you can, what company are you most excited about for what's to come for the rest of 2024?

Any smaller OEMs that you see making waves that we should be keeping an eye out for?

Any plans on bringing WGP back? I feel like it's been quite a bit since a new one.

For the GolfTec experience in September will this be the 1st time you also visit GrayBull or will you have a chance before the event?
First time for me too.
I do have some friends there with lots of pictures being sent my way though.

Ever thought of basing a THP event solely around apparel?

What’s your favorite part about running THP?
The wonderful people. I mean its the internet, and everybody is wonderful.
I kid I kid.

I would say it like this.
In all of my walks of life, I have never encountered anything where an industry is like 95% genuinely good people. The golf industry is. Yes there is 5% real pieces of ****, and I say that sincerely. But we are blessed and humbled by the fact that we get to pick and choose who we work with and really do love the majority of this industry and get to work with such amazing people every single day.

At some point yes.
Going on the road for 32 days straight doesnt lead to a lot of live streams sadly.
Ever thought about handing it off? Have other staffers take it over? or add other podcasts?

I get the time and travel obstacles.

I know you're plugged in to a lot of what's going on in the equipment side of the industry. If you can, what company are you most excited about for what's to come for the rest of 2024?

Any smaller OEMs that you see making waves that we should be keeping an eye out for?
Tough to say for just this year as we have a lot of moving parts of releases.
I thought Cleveland this year was SUPER under the radar and the lineup is strong.
I think the next evolution of Tour Edge Exotics is going to be a stone cold monster in distance.
And keep an eye on something from Cobra later this year that will flat out amaze.

Any plans on bringing WGP back? I feel like it's been quite a bit since a new one.
Skimmer...

I kid. Yes, at some point, but with travel what it is right now its just not feasible. I leave Friday for a 32 day stretch and that makes streaming challenging.

How much (if any) golf do you get to play that's not THP related in some way, like just a casual round with family/friends?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back