ANNOUNCEMENT AMA - Ask Us Anything About Equipment, Events or Website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats really not for me to decide. If it were I would say discussing gear post review.
The amount of people that literally make a single post or no posts and then signup to move onto the next brand would really blow some minds. Its noticed (not by me) and has caused a brand or two to want to change things.

It doesnt have to be reviewing the equipment, some don't love that, and we dont want to keep them from experiences. It could be just being engaging or asking questions in that gear thread. It could be asking for info on the technology component. It doesnt have to be "Played today, hit drives straight, its awesome". Nobody cares about that at all genuinely.
So as a followup, what was the intended expectation of said brand who wasn't impressed by the reviews following an event? Can you elaborate more on this and where we failed the expectations that were either set forth or maybe they just werent and and instead that brand had higher expectations then other brands?

Heck yea. I've been wearing apparel all my life i'm like a +2 handicap in apparel wearing, so I actually think it would be easier to review that then clubs which really need data, some experience in the sport, and just loads of other talking points to be effective.

I feel like apparel is easy to review?

THP Travis Matthew Experience here we come.

One word and one second T.
TravisMathew

😉🤣

Have you ever considered a calendar for all of the events, reviews etc that are going on that's on the top banner?

Something that can be added to with a hyperlink so people can easily search past reviews. There was a comment by someone (maybe you?) that a lot of forum members don't know where the homepage is. I know I don't use all of the banner drop downs I'm not sure about how they look on the back end for usage.
Yes. In fact we had one. Nobody ever clicke don it.
THP has so much more than experiences.
For an example, if you were to click on that button that says articles, an entire website appears : )

Best Dormie polo you have gotten at one of the pro shops? Are you getting another Belt with white leather tip?

I've gone back and read through a ton of THP Experiences that went on during my time of hibernation, but curious, how was the relationship with the Dormie Network established? They seem to be an 100% class act and really enjoy hosting the events. Seems like the perfect partnership.
I visited one and was hooked.
I can say though it is not a partnership. We are just members.
True story, our membership requires 80 nights a year. Already on the books for 2024, 294 nights. That is not an exaggeration and we are not done yet. At some point things will have to change on that number because financially its astronomical.

So as a followup, what was the intended expectation of said brand who wasn't impressed by the reviews following an event? Can you elaborate more on this and where we failed the expectations that were either set forth or maybe they just werent and and instead that brand had higher expectations then other brands?
Ask yourself, instead of me.
You have been in one or two.
Do you think you reviewed/discussed the stuff given to you at the event?

Best Dormie polo you have gotten at one of the pro shops? Are you getting another Belt with white leather tip?
Hmmmm. That is tough. There is a H&B that I got that I just love.
No, that is a Milo attracter haha

Do you think any of the big brands in golf will merge or consolidate with another conglomerate?

Are there plans to form a relationship with an online retailer, similar to what once was with Budget Golf?

What is your favorite type of course to play on? Links, Parkland, Stadium, etc..

Do you think any of the big brands in golf will merge or consolidate with another conglomerate?
I do not. It could happen with a number of them being public, but quite a few of those larger brands are owned by companies overseas like Titleist and TaylorMade.

Do you prefer large events like WWG or smaller, more like Shaft up?

I mean you have been on THP for several years and I dont seem to see any apparel reviews from you.
So the plus handicap might be a bit vanity :D

Nobody needs data to have a club review. Reviews have been going on for years long before places had launch montiors.
JB, I'm on the forum for fun as a hobby with over 3k posts, I'm trying my best to contribute in the ways I can. But, I don't get paid to post on here my man.

I mean obviously if I signed up for an Apparel Review and was given free apparel for said event I would do my best to review it properly as I have every opportunity I have gotten. Some I did much better than others, but I think that's ultimately how it's going to work. Some people are going to be better with review than others and certainly some products more than others.

I guess this is exactly what I mean about setting expectations. You clearly have expectations for some of the prominent members in your mind and then also clearly have expectations for people that go on THP experiences, but if those aren't properly defined I think it's really tough to understand where were falling short and I hate hearing that.

Reviews in general across all platforms. Amazon. You buy a product you offer a single review and that's how the review structure is built. Golfdigest, typically a single review with a club released and they're done. Rick Shiels or any youtube content creators, your gonna see about a single video from them as well, when I know they got all that stuff for free and that seems to suffice. So if the expectation is more than the general standard that has been set by the "global review" structure as whole that has to be set through expectations. It sounds like you have a much higher bar which I think is fair, but I think it should be defined?

Just like I have to set expectations over the team I lead at work for a whole slew of things.

Are there plans to form a relationship with an online retailer, similar to what once was with Budget Golf?
We still have one with WorldWide and Budget/Global Golf.
There are some really cool tidbits about that business in the live update thread from the event last week.

I realize this was touched on earlier, but I am on the road right now so there mey be a #skimalert

Is there an aspect of reviewing that doesn't get as much mention as it should, be it forgiveness, looks, looking at data, vourse usage etc?

In the interest of being better, outside of increased engagement, are there things that need to be talked about more but aren't?

What is your favorite type of course to play on? Links, Parkland, Stadium, etc..
Probably Parkland. I simply love FL golf despite not playing it often. Give me water on every hole and looking at palm trees and I am happy.

Probably Parkland. I simply love FL golf despite not playing it often. Give me water on every hole and looking at palm trees and I am happy.
Palm trees? Be still, my heart

If you were going to get a new driver this year, which one is standing out the most?

Do you prefer large events like WWG or smaller, more like Shaft up?
No preference really as long as people understand a schedule.

Do you ever get to the point of having a 'gamer bag' in a calendar year or is it even possible with all the experiences you play in that include clubs?

JB, I'm on the forum for fun as a hobby with over 3k posts, I'm trying my best to contribute in the ways I can. But, I don't get paid to post on here my man.

I mean obviously if I signed up for an Apparel Review and was given free apparel for said event I would do my best to review it properly as I have every opportunity I have gotten. Some I did much better than others, but I think that's ultimately how it's going to work. Some people are going to be better with review than others and certainly some products more than others.

I guess this is exactly what I mean about setting expectations. You clearly have expectations for some of the prominent members in your mind and then also clearly have expectations for people that go on THP experiences, but if those aren't properly defined I think it's really tough to understand where were falling short and I hate hearing that.

Reviews in general across all platforms. Amazon. You buy a product you offer a single review and that's how the review structure is built. Golfdigest, typically a single review with a club released and they're done. Rick Shiels or any youtube content creators, your gonna see about a single video from them as well, when I know they got all that stuff for free and that seems to suffice. So if the expectation is more than the general standard that has been set by the "global review" structure as whole that has to be set through expectations. It sounds like you have a much higher bar which I think is fair, but I think it should be defined?

Just like I have to set expectations over the team I lead at work for a whole slew of things.
I dont see things as prominent members vs non. Thats crazy talk.
It seems reasonable to ask someone that you hand a thousand dollar set of irons to to keep that the review lasts two months, which we say.
At the events, we also discuss what is asked and to discuss the equipment.

That is also evolving as @Jman and @Hawk are putting togethe even more.

If you want to compare buying a product and offering a single review vs being handed thousands in clubs, we can, but that doesnt seem to be apples vs oranges in forum testing or going to an event.

We are also very open to the fact that it is not for everybody. Thats okay too. They can enjoy THP any way they would like to. But to be a part of our events, you must be willing to review/discuss the equipment you received. Its not a gray area, its black and white for us.

Do any of the big brands pay any attention to any of the DTC stuff? My guess is no.

I realize this was touched on earlier, but I am on the road right now so there mey be a #skimalert

Is there an aspect of reviewing that doesn't get as much mention as it should, be it forgiveness, looks, looking at data, vourse usage etc?

In the interest of being better, outside of increased engagement, are there things that need to be talked about more but aren't?
I think that comes from the person B-RAD.
I think the general discussion of equipment is often skipped over. I love talking about golf clubs. It doesnt mean that discussion for me personally has to center around my last round hitting them. Just discussion in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back