For those coming to the Iowa outing, feel free to take a few swings. Don't have the Programs in them, just the PXi's.

For those coming to the Iowa outing, feel free to take a few swings. Don't have the Programs in them, just the PXi's.

Oh boy, I hope lots of people put some swings on those.

What's your thoughts on them with that shaft?

--
Tapatalk2

Edit from novel:

The 5.5's in them I can relax a lot more and just let them do the talking. As far as the shafts, I REALLY like the PXi's overall performance for me. Both in the previous set and this one; however, now I don't have to work at it. The lighter aspect and changes in the rear section of the shaft (clarify golf equipment here) is a big plus for me.

Anyone at the outing can have a go for themselves. The more feedback the better, and bet I get good lessons at the same time!!! Soooo looking forward to the event!

Last edited:
These irons were in the bag for me today. I had the choice of the CMB or the Cb3 and after warming up with both on the range I decided to go with these.

On the range I was seeing a lower ball flight than the CB3, but that should be expected given the style of iron and the ctaper shaft vs the tour 90. However the ball flight was mid to mid high at times. Nothing on the range to scare me off.

First iron shot of the day with them was in the middle of the first fairway, I was 190 out so I took the 4 iron out of the bag. Not my ideal club to pull for the first on course swing. Well a nice regular swing and the ball got up with no problem and tracked the flag. Hit 2 feet infront of the pin and bounced off the flagstick! Beginners luck.

Hole 2 is a par 3 over water, distance called for the 4 iron again. Once again a well struck shot with a little draw that hit stopped within a few fet of the pitch mark, inside 15 feet to the pin. So far two 4 iron shots and these have passed the test.

Throughout the rest of the round I continued to see some good and less than good shots. I had a good mix of thin, fat, and toe shots. Some more penalizing than others but nothing that wasnt playable. My misses weren't anything too drastic at all. My ball flight continued to be along the mid to mid high flight. I didnt experience any approach shots that did not hit and hold the greens. I didnt feel that I needed to go after these any more than I do with my nromal irons.

Color me intrigued with these irons. They really performed well for me on the course. They cut through the rough very nicely and even when the ball was nestled down I was able to get the ball up in the air. I dont know if I was expecting what I saw out of these based on some of the talk, but I believe I could game these.

These irons were in the bag for me today. I had the choice of the CMB or the Cb3 and after warming up with both on the range I decided to go with these.

On the range I was seeing a lower ball flight than the CB3, but that should be expected given the style of iron and the ctaper shaft vs the tour 90. However the ball flight was mid to mid high at times. Nothing on the range to scare me off.

First iron shot of the day with them was in the middle of the first fairway, I was 190 out so I took the 4 iron out of the bag. Not my ideal club to pull for the first on course swing. Well a nice regular swing and the ball got up with no problem and tracked the flag. Hit 2 feet infront of the pin and bounced off the flagstick! Beginners luck.

Hole 2 is a par 3 over water, distance called for the 4 iron again. Once again a well struck shot with a little draw that hit stopped within a few fet of the pitch mark, inside 15 feet to the pin. So far two 4 iron shots and these have passed the test.

Throughout the rest of the round I continued to see some good and less than good shots. I had a good mix of thin, fat, and toe shots. Some more penalizing than others but nothing that wasnt playable. My misses weren't anything too drastic at all. My ball flight continued to be along the mid to mid high flight. I didnt experience any approach shots that did not hit and hold the greens. I didnt feel that I needed to go after these any more than I do with my nromal irons.

Color me intrigued with these irons. They really performed well for me on the course. They cut through the rough very nicely and even when the ball was nestled down I was able to get the ball up in the air. I dont know if I was expecting what I saw out of these based on some of the talk, but I believe I could game these.

Great feedback Ddec, how'd you get the opportunity to play these?

I have to ask: Thoughts compared to the J40 DPC's?

Good questions in here. Looks like you guys are going to get ******'ed though haha

I have to ask: Thoughts compared to the J40 DPC's?

I thought my distance was very similar. I based everything off of my normal yardages. J40s offer more heal/toe forgiveness. Ball flight a little lower but nothing to worry me. I would say I preferred the feel of the J40s but that could be because of familiarity.

Holy cow ddec. You must generate a lot of spin to get a c-tapered 4 iron to stop within a few shots. Cool that these irons worked for you. Sounds like you hit a couple of really good shots with these. Good writeup.

Come on man, I did NOT need to read this after how much I liked this irons at the Outing. What shafts (type and flex) were in the irons?

Come on man, I did NOT need to read this after how much I liked this irons at the Outing. What shafts (type and flex) were in the irons?

I'm guessing these were the irons from the outing. C-Taper S

Veeerry impressed with these.

Sourcing quotes now so I can think on options after Saturday where on course round 3 testing will occur. For the style of iron, I've found them to be impressively forgiving while still looking like an iron I want to use (even if I shouldn't).

Veeerry impressed with these.

Sourcing quotes now so I can think on options after Saturday where on course round 3 testing will occur. For the style of iron, I've found them to be impressively forgiving while still looking like an iron I want to use (even if I shouldn't).

Blind9 has them for a great price

Blind9 has them for a great price

Sent in a note to Dennis already. I'm sure I'll hear back shortly.

I have heard tell though that any customization on these are taking forever as Adams seems to be running low on heads and are changing where they get them from. We'll see

Sent in a note to Dennis already. I'm sure I'll hear back shortly.

I have heard tell though that any customization on these are taking forever as Adams seems to be running low on heads and are changing where they get them from. We'll see

And Adams customer service seems to SUCK in general right now. But, I'm still bitter over my ordeal! Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy cow ddec. You must generate a lot of spin to get a c-tapered 4 iron to stop within a few shots. Cool that these irons worked for you. Sounds like you hit a couple of really good shots with these. Good writeup.

I was a bit surprised myself.

And Adams customer service seems to SUCK in general right now. But, I'm still bitter over my ordeal! Hahaha

Welcome to getting bought out. =(

Welcome to getting bought out. =(

I dunno, TM has always had crazy good CS. Adams...I've heard lots of mixed reviews about prior to the buyout. I'm betting it gets better in time though.

I do still like the CMB's alot, they were fun to hit in Austin for sure. It's one of those ill keep an eye peeled for a cheap set of used ones for the backup bag.

I do still like the CMB's alot, they were fun to hit in Austin for sure. It's one of those ill keep an eye peeled for a cheap set of used ones for the backup bag.

That's what I did with the 588's (backup bag) and I was labeled as "having a problem". Consider the consequences. :)

Tapping till 12-21-2012

These will be in ddec's bag by the time you can say Atlantic City Tour Van stop. I look forward to hitting them again if ddec will let anyone touch them lol.

That's what I did with the 588's (backup bag) and I was labeled as "having a problem". Consider the consequences. :)

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Good thing I could give a rats arse what anyone else thinks! Hehe

Tapping till 12-21-2012

This made me LOL. But clearly you have "issues" haha but me on the other hand, I have no such issues.. :alien:

This made me LOL. But clearly you have "issues" haha but me on the other hand, I have no such issues.. :alien:

Hah! I know bro. If you and I were both pondering picking up CMB's right now I'd be a silly club ho that'll never learn and you'd be getting virtual fist bumps!

*sigh* I guess there can only be one OEMKmod :alien:

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Back