6A198D87-0C2C-491B-9853-364EC0FA4846.jpeg

First branch done this morning. Print was a bit too deep into the bed, so I have some trouble getting it to release. I took off the glass bed and put it in the freezer for about 15 minutes and thankfully got it to pop off without breaking. Made a small adjustment to my z-offset and now I have the second one printing. With a bit of luck, I may have this competed by the weekend 🤞

I am kicking myself for not taking the time initially go through my printer and check all the settings before a project of this size. After I took the time to really dial in, the prints have been humming along. I finally got my sixth branch done earlier today. I am going to press my luck and go for eight branches total. I got the seventh baking now. I am happy with the quality I am getting.

I wish I picked a green that was closer to Forrest Green and less Kelley Green, but it’s what I got so it is what it is.

68C34D0F-A2E0-4612-83F2-1386BD57F305.jpeg0B76CE97-2EFE-4711-B32E-70EE5243825C.jpeg

At the beginning of this project I wasn’t having much fun and I didn’t think I was going to be able to get the Lego wreath done in time. But that’s to the encouragement here, and a bit of patience, I am happy I stuck with it. I learned a lot of fine tuning my Ender 3 v2 and getting it to work fairly well. I still have a few things to learn, but it was worth the effort. The branches were the biggest and longest single prints I have done to date. But it made me more comfortable going bigger, to the point where I was printing the studs 3 at a time. It really helped me get this done.

So with that said, I have finished 8 branches, 8 gold studs, and 8 red studs. It’s finally time to assemble, which I will have the kids do tonight. Thanks again to @justincredible
for the project suggestion and the encouragement.

5C939286-5AF2-40D8-A32C-0551AC7D8CF7.jpeg

At the beginning of this project I wasn’t having much fun and I didn’t think I was going to be able to get the Lego wreath done in time. But that’s to the encouragement here, and a bit of patience, I am happy I stuck with it. I learned a lot of fine tuning my Ender 3 v2 and getting it to work fairly well. I still have a few things to learn, but it was worth the effort. The branches were the biggest and longest single prints I have done to date. But it made me more comfortable going bigger, to the point where I was printing the studs 3 at a time. It really helped me get this done.

So with that said, I have finished 8 branches, 8 gold studs, and 8 red studs. It’s finally time to assemble, which I will have the kids do tonight. Thanks again to @justincredible
for the project suggestion and the encouragement.

View attachment 9138630
I think I really need to dust mine off and give this a go. Yours and @justincredible look fantastic
Will try to start it this weekend

I think I really need to dust mine off and give this a go. Yours and @justincredible look fantastic
Will try to start it this weekend
I think it was worth it, but it’s definitely a project. I would also recommend using 20% fill. It cut down on printing time and is still sturdy enough.

B92E287C-161E-42DA-8C2B-E8EC4AD6319D.jpeg

Wasn’t expecting this until tomorrow. I guess my evening is set.

View attachment 9138772
I am looking forward to hearing about your experience with it. I really wanted to buy it when you posted about it. But at the time, I was mad at 3D printing and passed.

I would be specifically interested in how loud it is, and how the leveling works.

Back