do you think thinly printed mesh with PLA would be able to pull it off?
I don’t want to be negative, but I think it will crack at the joints. I hope you try it, but I think pla will be too stiff if it gets any sort of direct impact. If PLA is the only option, I would consider making a tee holder.

I would consider flexible PLA like this :

ATARAXIA ART Flexible PLA Filament, PLA 1.75mm, 3D Printer Filament,1kg/2.2lb, Better Than TPU, 89A Shore Hardness, Patent Formula, Compatible Bowden Extruder, with Filament Storage Bag, PLA Sky Blue https://a.co/d/i0uLbZ4

And I would consider using a cone design like these, which would great:

Tomahawk NEO Golf Tee's "As seen on TV" https://a.co/d/1NBsUl9

I don’t want to be negative, but I think it will crack at the joints. I hope you try it, but I think pla will be too stiff if it gets any sort of direct impact. If PLA is the only option, I would consider making a tee holder.

I would consider flexible PLA like this :

ATARAXIA ART Flexible PLA Filament, PLA 1.75mm, 3D Printer Filament,1kg/2.2lb, Better Than TPU, 89A Shore Hardness, Patent Formula, Compatible Bowden Extruder, with Filament Storage Bag, PLA Sky Blue https://a.co/d/i0uLbZ4

And I would consider using a cone design like these, which would great:

Tomahawk NEO Golf Tee's "As seen on TV" https://a.co/d/1NBsUl9
No need to apologize for the negative. I appreciate the input.

I will go with a design like you showed, hoping I can get it thin enough to flex some.

Your idea of a tee holder also crossed my mind. Trying to get standard tees to fit in the mat is a challenge that I’m over in the sim. but a solid base with a hole for a tee might work.

Shoot, I might be able to print tees to the right height that may break each swing but are cheap to produce And would fit the base well.

And potential upside of having a thin slab of plastic on the ground is it might subconsciously help me swing up on it.

No need to apologize for the negative. I appreciate the input.

I will go with a design like you showed, hoping I can get it thin enough to flex some.

Your idea of a tee holder also crossed my mind. Trying to get standard tees to fit in the mat is a challenge that I’m over in the sim. but a solid base with a hole for a tee might work.

Shoot, I might be able to print tees to the right height that may break each swing but are cheap to produce And would fit the base well.

And potential upside of having a thin slab of plastic on the ground is it might subconsciously help me swing up on it.
I like this. I may print some.

I like this. I may print some.

I saw that one and will default to it probably.

Here is the one I mocked up:
1674616591302.png

Anyone interested in trying to print a TopLok bracket? I'd be happy to pay, trade, etc for it.

The piece of plastic on the Bag Boy/Datrek bags that locks into the TopLok on Bag Boy push carts.
If you have the 3d file and I can confirm this piece isn't sold individually I'd be game to print it for you. (I don't want to knock off someone else's product).

If you have dimensions I could also take a stab at drafting up the design.

If you have the 3d file and I can confirm this piece isn't sold individually I'd be game to print it for you. (I don't want to knock off someone else's product).

If you have dimensions I could also take a stab at drafting up the design.
They aren't sold individually, I'd definitely just buy one if they did. No clue if a 3d file is floating around out there, but I'll look. Thanks my man!

I did cut off the 2 "ears" on the ends to make it work with my bag.
Now I'm thinking I would have liked to have heated them and bent them to form to the bag, and put bolts thru them.
The way I have it now, the bracket has some flex to it..............but is still very secure on the cart with no straps at all.

It's still mind-blowing that this type of accuracy in 3D printing is even possible. I'd probably start with ball markers and build out from there.
We use 3D printers all the time for work.
If cost is no issue, you can get parts printed down to sub micron (1/100th of a milimeter). When it is an issue, but you still don't mind spending some cash, there are machines that can get you down to about 15 micron printing resolution (X and Y) and 25 microns in the Z direction.
1 inch = 25.4mm

I bought an Ender 3 v2 for a steal as a gift to our son. He is a bit young for this model, but he is going to pick up on it quickly. I've printed a Chambong holder, and a Pokéball, which we are giving him tonight for his birthday as the big reveal of his gift.

20230723_165034.jpg

20230723_165054.jpg

20230624_153232.jpg

I haven't checked in for a while but I'm getting close to finishing up a project I've been prototyping for a while (mostly in my head) and I'm pretty happy with where it's at.

My collection of 7" vinyl has never had a permanent place and has never been easy to access. I use milk crates for a lot of my regular vinyl storage so I thought it would be cool to find a small milk crate for 45s. No luck.

I had looked into printing a mini milk crate but amount of filament it would take and the number of hours to print were stupid. Most designs took an entire spool and were, I think, all over 24 hours. I decided to rethink it a bit and print thin (4-5mm) panels that could be locked together to build a milk crate. Less filament, less time to print. It also adds the ability to do color combos and potentially add a multi-color badge with custom design/label on the front of the crate. It's also easy to ship in a padded envelope if I decide to try selling on ebay or etsy.

Anyway, what you see below is version 3.

Version 1 was an absolute failure. For version 2 I did a complete redesign and figured out a decent locking mechanism. Version 3 was minor, I had to adjust one thing I measured wrong and then I added the milk crate styling. I'm thinking of rounding out the corners a little for version 4, as well as adding another top and bottom layer (you can definitely see the infill pattern).

IMG_3559.jpg

Threw this together from thingiverse for my son

20230824_205255.jpg

20230824_205300.jpg

Back