JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
My place of employment was a reseller of Maker Bot 3D printers for a while. We had a few in house for a while. I never got into the actual CAD designs. Just used the pre-designed items as tests. I found that the MakerBots we had were not very good quality and the extruders were getting jammed and needing to be replaced constantly. We were marketing it towards STEM labs in the K-12 space. I think the only item I have left is a fidget tool.

20191216_125513.jpg

20191216_125521.jpg

This has been sitting collecting dust for a few years now. I know they have come a long ways since we were messing around with them. Your prints look a lot cleaner than anything I remember doing.

20191216_125749.jpg

But, I did find this beauty when digging through the supplies.

20191216_125807.jpg

• Admin
Here at work we use 3d printing for a lot of prototyping for aerospace parts.

On a personal note, a friend of mine has his own printer and makes a lot of stuff with his.
Me made this Aztec Death Whistle for me. The noise this thing puts out when blown correctly really is terrifying. It's only a little larger than a golf ball, so I can only imagine what a larger one would sound like.

Death whistle.jpg

• Admin
neither of these videos loaded sir.

Not sure I can assist. They seem to be playing on Safari, but if you are using Chrome, the browser sometimes cannot see the stuff.

I've pondered a 3D printer for quite some time to add to the craft room. Not exactly sure what I would do with it but definitely logos like the THP one shown here.

Additive Manufacturing!!!

This is really cool (y)

I like the first picture, anyway to make that into a zipper?

Not sure I can assist. They seem to be playing on Safari, but if you are using Chrome, the browser sometimes cannot see the stuff.

I was going to say, "played just fine for me" but I only own MAC's

I've only do a few things via mail order, would love to get into it, looks so cool, and the options are endless.

I'd make ball markers, divot tools, even targets for my son to shoot with his nerf guns!

I always thought a 3d printer would be a lot of fun. I'd get deep in to making ball markers for sure and maybe putting practice cups/targets.

Would be a lot of fun to play with!

I always thought a 3d printer would be a lot of fun. I'd get deep in to making ball markers for sure and maybe putting practice cups/targets.
I'm with you on the markers

Just FYI - Not only a Chrome issue. I sent GG details during the Grandaddy about FireFox on Win10.

Those turned out great. Never have done anything like that. As other have said, I would probably start with custom ball markers and repair tools.

It's still mind-blowing that this type of accuracy in 3D printing is even possible. I'd probably start with ball markers and build out from there.

I work for JOANN Stores and we started selling a couple 3D printers. One being a Kodak model. At our holiday party they were printing these ornaments. The middle section spins around which is pretty cool.
They said each ornament takes about 30 minutes to print.

7D8C80F1-5D0E-44C5-A130-BC611082BD72.jpeg

I teach CAD design and my classroom has 7 full time 3D printers, but we can also convert our 22 robotic arms over to printers... so yeah I do this kind of stuff. ;) If you come up with something, I can design it. We have 2 Dremel, 2 Fablicator Sx, 1 Fablicator Mx (dual material), a Markforged Carbon Fiber printer, and Stratasys F170. The quality is pretty ridiculous on the Markforged and Stratasys... but they are also about 10-20x more expensive than most hobby grade printers. 3D scanners, 3D printers, laser engravers, robot arms, drones my job doesn't suck :p:p someone definitely 3D scanned and printed a Newport 2 at some point. :eek:

Attachments

• 20181117_123456.jpg
    20181117_123456.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 20181117_123431.jpg
    20181117_123431.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 20181117_123438.jpg
    20181117_123438.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Little PLA change midway adds a two tone

C257CA1F-85A8-4970-A5D6-AD6390B83109.jpeg

I teach CAD design and my classroom has 7 full time 3D printers, but we can also convert our 22 robotic arms over to printers... so yeah I do this kind of stuff. ;) If you come up with something, I can design it. We have 2 Dremel, 2 Fablicator Sx, 1 Fablicator Mx (dual material), a Markforged Carbon Fiber printer, and Stratasys F170. The quality is pretty ridiculous on the Markforged and Stratasys... but they are also about 10-20x more expensive than most hobby grade printers. 3D scanners, 3D printers, laser engravers, robot arms, drones my job doesn't suck :p:p someone definitely 3D scanned and printed a Newport 2 at some point. :eek:
That sounds like endless fun. So many ideas.

Back