2024 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

I need to stop worrying about the number on the scale and just grow about 3-4". That would be easier.
I had bigger goals, she told me I would look sick if I achieved them and that’s not why she married me 🤣

I had bigger goals, she told me I would look sick if I achieved them and that’s not why she married me 🤣
When I dropped down to 180 last year, the Mrs. told me to eat a cheeseburger and put on a few lbs.

When I dropped down to 180 last year, the Mrs. told me to eat a cheeseburger and put on a few lbs.
Yep, my initial goal was 185, she said f**k no, hell no, **** no, she didn’t marry a stick 🤣

Yep, my initial goal was 185, she said f**k no, hell no, **** no, she didn’t marry a stick 🤣
That was my goal, and it didnt look great on me. My goal is to stay under 200, 199 works fine. :ROFLMAO:

That was my goal, and it didnt look great on me. My goal is to stay under 200, 199 works fine. :ROFLMAO:
I can dig that, that would be the lowest I’d want to get back to now I think, just to say I’m sub 200. But I’m gonna keep the Doc happy, after 23 years together, her say is THE day hahaha

I had similar reactions at 185 last year. It’s not the worst problem to have. Either way, I’m not sweating the number this time. I’ll know when I know - how clothes fit, how I sleep, energy level, etc.

I had similar reactions at 185 last year. It’s not the worst problem to have. Either way, I’m not sweating the number this time. I’ll know when I know - how clothes fit, how I sleep, energy level, etc.
I think that's huge. No need to chase a number, it can be a good guideline or whatever and saying you want to hit 210 is easier to monitor progress than saying you want 20% more energy.

As I am sitting here eating another salad for lunch, I wanted to see how my friends are doing.
@Joshnoble01 and @bigbov I mean Vladimir Yakbov

As I am sitting here eating another salad for lunch, I wanted to see how my friends are doing.
Still grinding. I've got my weigh in tomorrow so I am not positive what I have done this week. But it has been clean all week. I've kind of just gotten into a clean eating habit.

If I am hungry at breakfast I will make a couple eggs or a green smoothie but usually I am just coffee until lunch between noon and 2 whenever I slow down from work.
Lunch is 2-3 eggs and some spinach or whatever protein we had the night before.
Dinner is a protein and a veggie or a salad.
Trying to limit snacks but mostly they are a chomp or some sliced turkey or cottage cheese.

Not gonna lie my daughter got a fresh roll of french bread to make sandwiches for lunch. Yesterday took a lot of power to not make a hogie. But I resisted.

Got my THP Masters shirt. Definitely a Travis Matthew sizing and I could where it and not be totally embarrassed going outside in it.

Still grinding. I've got my weigh in tomorrow so I am not positive what I have done this week. But it has been clean all week. I've kind of just gotten into a clean eating habit.

If I am hungry at breakfast I will make a couple eggs or a green smoothie but usually I am just coffee until lunch between noon and 2 whenever I slow down from work.
Lunch is 2-3 eggs and some spinach or whatever protein we had the night before.
Dinner is a protein and a veggie or a salad.
Trying to limit snacks but mostly they are a chomp or some sliced turkey or cottage cheese.

Not gonna lie my daughter got a fresh roll of french bread to make sandwiches for lunch. Yesterday took a lot of power to not make a hogie. But I resisted.

Got my THP Masters shirt. Definitely a Travis Matthew sizing and I could where it and not be totally embarrassed going outside in it.
This is freaking awesome man. You legit could lose half of yourself in a year.

Broke the 220 barrier today, which was one of my goals before Briggs.

Lots of protein, lots of veggies, lots of reminding myself that it’s worth it hahahaha

This is freaking awesome man. You legit could lose half of yourself in a year.
Down 52 so far. Adam Rank Experience will be 11 months after I started and I am still on target for 260 at the current rate. I will take 92 in that time.

I am just kids sports on weekends until Memorial so the next 7-8 weeks will be nothing but grind with no temptation.

Down 52 so far. Adam Rank Experience will be 11 months after I started and I am still on target for 260 at the current rate. I will take 92 in that time.

I am just kids sports on weekends until Memorial so the next 7-8 weeks will be nothing but grind with no temptation.
Will football season do you in? Or do you think this is the new you?

In Mother Russia... I mean Syracuse... we are eating a dish of egg salad (200 cals w/ low fat mayo included) and a Rice a Roni thing I microwaved that is 250 cals for lunch currently. My breakfast is around 350 cals every morning and I try to keep lunch around 5-600. Gives me 1K for dinner and 100 for a snack sometime during the day.

My wife gave me a hug last night and told me she was proud of how well I am doing. That is almost as motivating as the "JB" I have scribbled on my beam in basement. I really would like to be in the 250 lb range by Ballyhack. Haven't been there in a while.

Will football season do you in? Or do you think this is the new you?
I will be good. I am motivated to keep it off. I lost half of what I have done during last years. Defnitely makes it tougher but I want to keep it off.

Also, the biggest thing I have learned so far is that a cheat meal can be literally a cheat meal. Old me would have turned one Friday pizza night into a couple beers and wings Saturday and then full football dips and beers all day sunday and they were cheat weekends.

In Mother Russia... I mean Syracuse... we are eating a dish of egg salad (200 cals w/ low fat mayo included) and a Rice a Roni thing I microwaved that is 250 cals for lunch currently. My breakfast is around 350 cals every morning and I try to keep lunch around 5-600. Gives me 1K for dinner and 100 for a snack sometime during the day.

My wife gave me a hug last night and told me she was proud of how well I am doing. That is almost as motivating as the "JB" I have scribbled on my beam in basement. I really would like to be in the 250 lb range by Ballyhack. Haven't been there in a while.
I ate one of those rice things the other night. THe problem was it said 250 calories, but I ate the entire thing which was 4 servings.
Must have been for your kind of communist people in LA, because that thing was no where near 4 servings.

If I am hungry ...
I have found that a dill spear is enough to take the edge off the hunger. I also keep a container of cooked ground turkey with taco seasoning in the house. An ounce, maybe 2, is also plenty to take away the hunger pangs. I try to eat a small something every 2.5 to 3 hours. Mind you, this is not meant to be a meal - the spear or turkey is meant to get me to the next eating interval.

I ate one of those rice things the other night. THe problem was it said 250 calories, but I ate the entire thing which was 4 servings.
Must have been for your kind of communist people in LA, because that thing was no where near 4 servings.
This was the small microwave cup thing that are def only 1 serving. The entire cup is 250. I look up cal count on everything now to make sure I stay around 2K per day.

Edit: That cup is prob. what they do give out for food in Communist countries.

Broke the 220 barrier today, which was one of my goals before Briggs.

Lots of protein, lots of veggies, lots of reminding myself that it’s worth it hahahaha
Great stuff, Jman - good for you.

220 is my next threshold. I typically weigh myself twice - official weigh in day and 1/2 way through the week as a safeguard / check in. Today was the mid-week check in. So far I'm having slower progress this week than before and breaking 220 may not happen until next week. No biggie, more focused on lifestyle choices that promote health than being a slave to a number.

I am a bad yo-yo dieter. I often lose weight and gain it back. I am trying again to lose weight some of your stories are inspiring.

My wellness visit in March wasn’t great and the doctor switched some medicine and told me to lose some weight and come back in June for more testing (cholesterol).

I just wanted to say thanks to those posting in this thread.

My first venture into this thread this year and I'm changing my eating for a month to see what happens.

Lunch during the week is all protein, chicken and a protein shake. Talking to my Doctor, we've come to the conclusion that I have a bit of set point theory happening so we're going to try and reset that.

Time will tell but I'm somewhat hopeful.
This is not going well at all. I need fiber.

Switching it up again to coleslaw mix as a salad base.

Back