2024 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

I haven’t been getting on the scale often once or twice a month tops. I’m just more concerned with staying in my workout routines and eating moderately healthy.

But now that it’s getting warm and I’m able to walk 9 several times a week my step count is eclipsing 12k daily and weight appears to be falling off.

Down 3.7 last month.
1712061703201.png

@bigbov @Joshnoble01 Updates this week?
I was good before last night, having a grilled buffalo chicken Caesar salad for dinner the night before on the road.

But I am going to sail easily to goal.
Posted yesterday (#645)... weighed in at 272. Down 18 lbs from start of year. Original 10% goal is 29 lbs and should go past that well before Ballyhack.

@bigbov @Joshnoble01 Updates this week?
I was good before last night, having a grilled buffalo chicken Caesar salad for dinner the night before on the road.

But I am going to sail easily to goal.
I’m not going to have a problem hitting that. I was down 23 from 1/1 last Friday. Should hit the initial goal sometime this month or early next month.

260 stretch goal is in sight

I feel like this is an accurate depiction of my marriage. I feel like I look like a pile of mashed potatoes, and @JB thinks I look great. 😂😂

IMG_0875.jpeg

Getting so close to breaking 300. I was 300.4 this morning. The last couple of weeks have been a little slow. My eating has been clean and I have been working out even harder but I just hit one of those plateaus. Still losing fat and gaining muscle. Just need to know that the work is being done and I will have a week soon that will catch up and reflect on the work. I had a similar plateau right before the Super Bowl and didn't lose a pound for 2 weeks but then had a 6-8 pound drop right after.

Overall I am down 51.8 pounds from where I started last September.

Well, after frustration and plateaus I finally just decided it was time to cut back sugars and flour.

And like clockwork, it’s where my body works best.

Not doing it AS strict as I have in the past, but enough so. Already way down, and my energy is back, and I just feel better.

Carbs hate me. And I hate that. But, at least I have bacon. 🤣

My first venture into this thread this year and I'm changing my eating for a month to see what happens.

Lunch during the week is all protein, chicken and a protein shake. Talking to my Doctor, we've come to the conclusion that I have a bit of set point theory happening so we're going to try and reset that.

Time will tell but I'm somewhat hopeful.

@bigbov @Joshnoble01
With my recent stomach issue at the event, to say the weight poured off would be an understatement. m

Salads will be had every day this week. We it up Sprouts today and I’m loaded on greens until I leave Sunday

@bigbov @Joshnoble01
With my recent stomach issue at the event, to say the weight poured off would be an understatement. m

Salads will be had every day this week. We it up Sprouts today and I’m loaded on greens until I leave Sunday
Sometimes getting sick is the best way to kickstart weight loss.

This week will be an ass kicker for me. Today’s round of golf was the first time my back didn’t seize up and felt like I could play another 18. Weight loss has been so good for my back. I’m hunting under 300. I should hit that this weeks weigh in.

Sometimes getting sick is the best way to kickstart weight loss.

This week will be an ass kicker for me. Today’s round of golf was the first time my back didn’t seize up and felt like I could play another 18. Weight loss has been so good for my back. I’m hunting under 300. I should hit that this weeks weigh in.
So awesome. it’s scary to think 275 or even 250 is possible

So awesome. it’s scary to think 275 or even 250 is possible
Totally. If you asked me a year ago if I ever would weight less than 300 again I might have said no. If I said yes in my head I would have been 50/50. Now once I hit it it will be in the rear view mirror.

Totally. If you asked me a year ago if I ever would weight less than 300 again I might have said no. If I said yes in my head I would have been 50/50. Now once I hit it it will be in the rear view mirror.
I have to explain to @bigbov he can’t just pay someone to walk the round for him just because his Communist Dodgers do it

@bigbov @Joshnoble01

When I got sick after getting back from Phoenix it actually kick started everything for me.
Changing ur name to slim in my phone. You are killing it my brother.
I have to explain to @bigbov he can’t just pay someone to walk the round for him just because his Communist Dodgers do it
I ain’t walking s$&t… did 10 miles on my bike for first time today. I’m in this for real. If I had that Dodger money I might pay someone to tee off for me though.

When I got sick after getting back from Phoenix it actually kick started everything for me.

Changing ur name to slim in my phone. You are killing it my brother.

I ain’t walking s$&t… did 10 miles on my bike for first time today. I’m in this for real. If I had that Dodger money I might pay someone to tee off for me though.
Here you go @Joshnoble01

IMG_2991.jpeg

We spent a week in Charlotte and Savannah with friends who love food and drink. It was definitely danger zone. I’m happy to report I did not do any damage to my health goals. I pretty much consumed what I wanted but really paid attention to portion sizes. I weighed myself a few days after getting back and I gained zero lbs, which shocked me.

Big picture report card: it has been just over a month. I am down 20 lbs and getting into pants that are 1-2 sizes smaller than when I started. Very happy.

PS - L O V E D Savannah

Last edited:
Well, after frustration and plateaus I finally just decided it was time to cut back sugars and flour.

And like clockwork, it’s where my body works best.

Not doing it AS strict as I have in the past, but enough so. Already way down, and my energy is back, and I just feel better.

Carbs hate me. And I hate that. But, at least I have bacon. 🤣
This is something we have in common. My body feels so much better when I cut out the carbs but it is a difficult battle as I love bread

I mean eating salad for lunch every day this week and even doing a couple of grilled shrimp chopped salads for dinner this week.
Plan to hit the goal now and then maintain

In a contest with my wife.. I will win.

I mean eating salad for lunch every day this week and even doing a couple of grilled shrimp chopped salads for dinner this week.
Plan to hit the goal now and then maintain
What is your plan for maintaining? That’s where I have struggled most.

Man, I have been very strict on keto for about two months. Went from 237 down to 222 at my lowest. My regular was 224 though. Me and the wife had our 9th anniversary this past weekend. I will say that I didn't go off the rails totally. No constant snacking or overly sweet desserts/snacks. But I had French toast two mornings in a row and really watched the amount of syrup I used. After the second morning of it, I felt like TOTAL crap. I didn't eat anything the rest of the day. Kind of crazy that I had a tasty burger with the bun and some really good fries one night, and that didn't make me feel badly at all. But the two breakfasts had me wanting to throw up. Back on the straight and narrow now. The good news is I only gained two pounds.

Down 20 since January and the PGA Show, which is great, but I was also the biggest I’d been since I’d stopped coaching football in 2012.

Still have about 15 to go to get to my preferred walking around weight, want to settle back into that 205 range as any lower and I look sick on my 6’3 frame according to the Doc of the house 🤣

I was extremely afraid that after eating so well at Shaft Up #1 I'd come back like 5 or 8 pounds heavier, but I actually lost a couple pounds somehow.

Maybe it was it from JB and Danny whoopin' our butts all over the course.

either way - been back to the gym every day and feeling really good. Have a goal in mind to lose 15 more pounds and then it's just going to be maintaining that.

Down 20 since January and the PGA Show, which is great, but I was also the biggest I’d been since I’d stopped coaching football in 2012.

Still have about 15 to go to get to my preferred walking around weight, want to settle back into that 205 range as any lower and I look sick on my 6’3 frame according to the Doc of the house 🤣
I need to stop worrying about the number on the scale and just grow about 3-4". That would be easier.

Back