2024 Callaway Golf Bags

Apologies if people have posted about this earlier in the thread...

How are y'all organizing your clubs in your bag? I have four clubs with headcovers (D, 5w, 7w, 5h), and I'm not exactly sure where to put everything. Is one of the slots meant to be for the putter?
D,3W,putter
Left 7,8,9 right 7W,5h,6h
Left 54,58 right PW,AW,GW

How are y'all organizing your clubs in your bag? I have four clubs with headcovers (D, 5w, 7w, 5h), and I'm not exactly sure where to put everything. Is one of the slots meant to be for the putter?
I've got mine like this:
D/Putter/5W
3h/6i/7i/8i
4h/9i/PW/48*
6h/58*/52*

So headcover on the left and top, wedges low right and irons in a running order left to right and top to bottom.

Added a Fairway C to compare to the Fairway +! Pretty cool one if you ask me!
IMG_9739.jpeg

I go

3w, Putter, D
Rypstick, utility, 4 hybrid, 5 iron
P, (52,56 share), 60

I’m finally to a spot where I feel I’ve have my clubs aligned to where I don’t get tangle and find them easy to get in and out.
Configuration:
Top Area: Driver, 3w, 5i, putter
Left Middle: 6i, 7i, 8i
Right Middle: 3HL, Paradym SH
Bottom Left: 9i - 11i
Bottom Right: 54*, 58*

image.jpg

Anyone have real life pictures of the Graphite/Khaki/Rust colored Fairway +?

Attachments

• 99942B89-1111-436C-8627-CA3F08B88839.png
    99942B89-1111-436C-8627-CA3F08B88839.png
    283.8 KB · Views: 5
It's nice having it on both sides. The new strap system makes it super comfortable to carry. The bag really feels balanced while walking.
I have to say , the water bottle pocket is already a massive upgrade

Can anyone give a sense of the capacity on the 'cooler' pouch on the Fairway Fourteen? Number of cans......

Can anyone give a sense of the capacity on the 'cooler' pouch on the Fairway Fourteen? Number of cans......
No can count but it will comfortably fit a 16oz and 32oz RTIC water bottle plus an Uncrustable. I'd say probably 6 cans.

Anyone here a comparison of how the Fairway + carries compared to the Sun Mountain 4.5 4-Way? On paper it appears that this bag is half a pound heavier, but I don't always trust the posted weights. The description of this bag seems about perfect. I am an even split between walking while carrying, walking with a push cart, and riding in a cart.

Last edited:
Anyone here compared how this carries compared to the Sun Mountain 4.5 4-Way? On paper it appears that this bag is half a pound heavier, but I don't always trust the posted weights. The description of this bag seems about perfect. I am an even split between walking while carrying, walking with a push cart, and riding in a cart.
Which model Callaway are you looking at? I have not had experience with the Sun Mountain.

I have the Fairway C HD and the Fairway +.

The furthest I've packed it so far has been three 16 ounce water bottles and a protein bar, and they fit with room to spare. How many you can pack in there will depend partially on how much stuff you have in the pocket in front of it - I use that as my ball pocket, glove, ball markers, tees, etc., and the more you pack into the cooler pouch, the less room you'll have in that front pocket....or at least it gets cramped taking things in and out.

I'd guess with minimal stuff in the front pocket, you could fit at least six cans.

Anyone here compared how this carries compared to the Sun Mountain 4.5 4-Way? On paper it appears that this bag is half a pound heavier, but I don't always trust the posted weights. The description of this bag seems about perfect. I am an even split between walking while carrying, walking with a push cart, and riding in a cart.
I've only rolled around with my Fairway + so far, not the C, but I can tell you with the upgraded straps and strap system, these will carry "lighter" than their posted weight. Comfortability is a big deal

If you are going to carry it, I would lean towards the Fairway C. I have carried both the + and C and while the + would work well for carrying, the C makes more sense. It's lighter, has more than enough storage and fits super comfortably across the shoulders.
I've only rolled around with my Fairway + so far, not the C, but I can tell you with the upgraded straps and strap system, these will carry "lighter" than their posted weight. Comfortability is a big deal

I'm pretty sure I have a 4.5 at home, haven't used it in a while but I remember I'm always having to adjust the straps even though I've had it for a few years. The SM in a cart is beyond annoying with it falling and twisting so I'm always having to readjust it. Whereas the Fairway+ will stay right where you strap it in, which is really awesome. I do kinda like the pocket setup better on the SM though, I feel more organized with all the stuff I have in my bag. The + has these small mesh pockets that I don't really care for but they do add some storage separation. Now that I've cut the front divider to make it a 4-Way from 5, I'm liking this bag even more now.

I just updated my post. Was referring to the Fairway +.
I've walked 9 using both bags with no issues. Fairway + is not too heavy to carry. I don't carry I'm walking more than 18. I use a pushcart at that point. If I was going to carry more than that, I would prefer the C since it's a bit lighter.

The fairway + is a bit heavier than my Sun mountain, BUT, I never enjoyed carrying that one because the straps constantly tilted the clubs down and almost out.
The strap system on this is so much more comfortable for us carry golfers.

So far in the last week, I’ve used the fairway + in a cart, over the shoulders carrying and on my push cart.
Results:
—— it’s a good carry bag. Easily did 9. (I’ll probably never carry 18 again) Love how comfortable the straps are.
—— Riding in a cart: the low rider system is absolutely brilliant for that. The most upright bag at the end of the tournament
—— push cart: the company really put a lot of effort into pocket placement and it shows. Everything is easy to access at all times.
BUT:
On the particular brand of cart with Toplock technology this is a no bueno. Because of the leg setup dropping the bag in place doesn’t reach the bottom. It has to be placed and strapped in place instead.

So far in the last week, I’ve used the fairway + in a cart, over the shoulders carrying and on my push cart.
Results:
—— it’s a good carry bag. Easily did 9. (I’ll probably never carry 18 again) Love how comfortable the straps are.
—— Riding in a cart: the low rider system is absolutely brilliant for that. The most upright bag at the end of the tournament
—— push cart: the company really put a lot of effort into pocket placement and it shows. Everything is easy to access at all times.
BUT:
On the particular brand of cart with Toplock technology this is a no bueno. Because of the leg setup dropping the bag in place doesn’t reach the bottom. It has to be placed and strapped in place instead.

Can you elaborate on why it doesn’t work in bag boy carts

Can you elaborate on why it doesn’t work in bag boy carts
It works just fine in the standard way with the top and bottom strap. It holds on perfectly. It’s really well designed for pushcarts.
It’s just that you can’t take full advantage of top lock technology because the legs are too low and when you lift the bag and slide it into place, the bag bottom doesn’t reach the cart bottom so it just hangs in mid air (still locked in but with nothing for the bag to rest on it slipped through on me)
The purple lines represent the gap from top of legs to top of bag.
The circled portion view is the bag dropped in but that’s where it sits and doesn’t reach the bottom of the cart while in top lock mode

IMG_4299.jpegIMG_4298.jpeg

Last edited:
Back