2024 Callaway Golf Bags

I’ve been eyeing a waterproof bag for a while so decided to add the HD to my growing collection of bags.

The Fairway C HD is fully seam-sealed and features 10k waterproof fabric. Right out of the box, I was impressed with the premium look and feel of the HD. The zipper housing is a nice touch. For those wondering, the Fairway + performed well in the rain for the one round I’ve had that experience. My grips stayed dry, which is the most important thing. I left the zippers partially down on a few of the pockets, which did no favors for the contents inside.
View attachment 9253333
View attachment 9253334
View attachment 9253335

Many of the impressive features from the Fairway + are here on the HD. The Shaft Shield top, the plastic rubber dividers, which protect shafts from being damaged and are a great upgrade from the traditional dividers are here. Callaway’s new strap system, the Quick-Clip Anamatic straps, which I’ve used on the + is also present. The strap system is the best I’ve come across. They adjust easily and wrap around the shoulders comfortably. The HD sits naturally across and should make a nice carry bag.

The HD has the Flex Pod Base, which helps create a stable base when the legs are out and also allows it to stand up on its own.

What that While the HD is a smaller bag than the +, they both are listed as 5 pounds. The HD has 4 dividers vs the 5 of the + and 9 pockets vs 10. The pockets on the HD are generally smaller, but still offer plenty of storage. Like the +, there is a well-place pocket for range finer and Velcro holder for a glove.

The + has an abundance of storage in my opinion and probably more than I would ever really need. The HD has ample room for rain gear and gloves in the larger pocket and a deep valuables pocket like the +. The largest pocket on the + takes up almost the entire side of the bag. I circled the differences here:
View attachment 9253332
View attachment 9253336

The HD does not have the Lowrider 2.0 Top, which helps keep the bag in place and minimize movement on cart or push cart.
View attachment 9253337

View attachment 9253340
View attachment 9253341
Damn that's a high quality looking bag!! Nice first impressions!!

Apologies for the delay in getting this review up. The bag was sent to and old address but I finally have a few rounds under my belt with it and I am so excited and grateful to have it!!!

Initial Thoughts
The bag is quite well made and the color pattern is well done. The bag is premium all the way around and incredibly well thought out for the most part. I really, really like the new carry straps AND the ability to take them off to ride in the cart. The straps are also color coded so you want get yourself mixed up. There are also little touches like a pouch with in the pockets to hold gloves and ball mark repair tools.

Overall I love this new bag and I'm finding it to be more impressive with each round I play. The materials this is made with are superb and I expect to have this bag for quite a while.

Technology

Shaft Shield -
The shaft shield is a really nice addition to the bag. you can tell its a premium feature. Time will tell on this one as I did have the standard woven top on my previous bag and it was rubbing the graphite shafts of the woods. So far so good for the round or two I have on it.

LOWRIDER 2.O™ TOP - Hands down my favorite part of the bag. This thing integrates so easily on either my push cart (clickgear) or a regular cart. This coupled with the super stable base is just so good. I have a TM flextech carry bag and the difference in the two is night and day, the lowrider top is perhaps my second favorite feature.

FLEX POD™ BASE - I touched on this earlier but the base is really well thought out and stands up right on its own. Not like the TM I have where you have to kind of play with the clubs up top and eventually just get frustrated and find something to lean it on. The material of construction on it is robust that solid plastic but not the brittle kind. Well done.

ANAMATIC™ STRAPS - Okay this is my favorite part. The way the strap system is designed is just wonderful. The way this is designed makes walking a round such a pleasure. I walk a few rounds every year and towards the end I can feel it a bit, and I usually spend a good bit of the time adjusting the bag to sit properly on my back. That was not the case with this system. It defiantly makes the bag feel sooo much lighter, even though my TM is roughly 1.5 pounds lighter I would take this bag over it every single time.

Thoughts for Optimization

The hydration pouch needs to be moved. I have a 40 oz hydro flask and putting that in the hydration pouch makes all the pockets attached to it very unfun to use. It also puts pressure on the bag so pulling clubs is tricky towards that end of the bag. To be clear this is one of the better designs and the materials used are top notch, it just needs to find a location on the bag

Shaft Shield- The shaft shield is great however they should taper/chamfer the under side of the shaft shield to make pulling clubs easier. Biggest issue is with the putter as I have had that snag quite a bit.

IMG_6143.jpegIMG_6144.jpeg

I really continue to love how versatile this bag is. I’m very partial to putting it on my bagboy nitron but it’s so light sometimes I just decide to walk especially my local par 3 course which is pretty hilly so honestly carrying tends to be the better option. My casual rounds I tend to keep alot less on me so the amount of pockets is about perfect since I just keep personals items, range finder, balls, and tees with some snacks as well. Plus I don’t search around as much as with say the bigger bags I have where I stuff things everywhere lol.

Overall just how lightweight it is just still shocks me. You could honestly forget it was on your back when carrying if you didn’t know it was there. Plus it’s so easy to adjust and only takes a second. I think it fits on my nitron better than any bag I have had tbh. Sits securely and never moves at all while the legs don’t trigger though I will say I love how easy the legs do come out when you lean it. The fact that it sit on its base though too is pretty sweet as I’ve never seen a stand bag do that before now.

(I grabbed this pic right before my paradyms arrived.)
View attachment 9252444View attachment 9252445
Love how this looks in the button!
Question to anyone who has one:
Where is your preferred pocket for the rangefinder in a carrying round? Right now I just carabiner clip it but it’s not my favorite method.

Apologies for the delay in getting this review up. The bag was sent to and old address but I finally have a few rounds under my belt with it and I am so excited and grateful to have it!!!

Initial Thoughts
The bag is quite well made and the color pattern is well done. The bag is premium all the way around and incredibly well thought out for the most part. I really, really like the new carry straps AND the ability to take them off to ride in the cart. The straps are also color coded so you want get yourself mixed up. There are also little touches like a pouch with in the pockets to hold gloves and ball mark repair tools.

Overall I love this new bag and I'm finding it to be more impressive with each round I play. The materials this is made with are superb and I expect to have this bag for quite a while.

Technology

Shaft Shield -
The shaft shield is a really nice addition to the bag. you can tell its a premium feature. Time will tell on this one as I did have the standard woven top on my previous bag and it was rubbing the graphite shafts of the woods. So far so good for the round or two I have on it.

LOWRIDER 2.O™ TOP - Hands down my favorite part of the bag. This thing integrates so easily on either my push cart (clickgear) or a regular cart. This coupled with the super stable base is just so good. I have a TM flextech carry bag and the difference in the two is night and day, the lowrider top is perhaps my second favorite feature.

FLEX POD™ BASE - I touched on this earlier but the base is really well thought out and stands up right on its own. Not like the TM I have where you have to kind of play with the clubs up top and eventually just get frustrated and find something to lean it on. The material of construction on it is robust that solid plastic but not the brittle kind. Well done.

ANAMATIC™ STRAPS - Okay this is my favorite part. The way the strap system is designed is just wonderful. The way this is designed makes walking a round such a pleasure. I walk a few rounds every year and towards the end I can feel it a bit, and I usually spend a good bit of the time adjusting the bag to sit properly on my back. That was not the case with this system. It defiantly makes the bag feel sooo much lighter, even though my TM is roughly 1.5 pounds lighter I would take this bag over it every single time.

Thoughts for Optimization

The hydration pouch needs to be moved. I have a 40 oz hydro flask and putting that in the hydration pouch makes all the pockets attached to it very unfun to use. It also puts pressure on the bag so pulling clubs is tricky towards that end of the bag. To be clear this is one of the better designs and the materials used are top notch, it just needs to find a location on the bag

Shaft Shield- The shaft shield is great however they should taper/chamfer the under side of the shaft shield to make pulling clubs easier. Biggest issue is with the putter as I have had that snag quite a bit.

View attachment 9254253View attachment 9254252
The difference in how it sits on the cart compared to other bags is showstopping.

Where is your preferred pocket for the rangefinder in a carrying round? Right now I just carabiner clip it but it’s not my favorite method.
There’s a magnetic pocket on the hip pad side of the bag that’s really good for a range finder while carrying

There’s a magnetic pocket on the hip pad side of the bag that’s really good for a range finder while carrying
Yes it is really good. I don't carry, but I do use that pocket for mine!

Ahh. I think the fairway + is missing that one. I use the front pocket ( the upper one of the two) currently. It’s tough to bend over that many times a round to grab it though.
Tempted to use the valuables pouch for it. I only clip my keys in there. I carry my wallet and phone in my pockets so it pretty unused.

Ahh. I think the fairway + is missing that one. I use the front pocket ( the upper one of the two) currently. It’s tough to bend over that many times a round to grab it though.
Tempted to use the valuables pouch for it. I only clip my keys in there. I carry my wallet and phone in my pockets so it pretty unused.
I use the upper front pocket, for me it's just a storage place between rounds. During actual rounds it goes in the push cart upper pouch If I'm walking, or magnetically attached to the steering column or 'A' pillar of the cart if I'm riding.

If I’m walking the bagboy nitron has a nice pouch that I store it for quick access. If actually carrying I just hook to the clip generally.

Other point in your post I missed - the Fairway 14 does have that additional "rapid access" pocket on the lower left side of the bag, which isn't on the Fairway+.

If I’m walking the bagboy nitron has a nice pouch that I store it for quick access. If actually carrying I just hook to the clip generally.
Now that I have a Nitron as well this is my plan too

Other point in your post I missed - the Fairway 14 does have that additional "rapid access" pocket on the lower left side of the bag, which isn't on the Fairway+.
Thank you! I was half losing my mind but thankfully I remembered your review

The 14 is the superior bag just need to find a way to use that hydration pouch

I would be doing either valuables puch on the side, or the small pocket above the larger front ball pocket.

Fwiw I rarely carry, and almost never clip my rangefinder to the outside of the bag. I just don't trust myself to remember it/not lose it.

The more I think about it, that green/yellow 14 Way is the color way I am going with.

It just looks so darned good!!

Currently rangefinder is in the carabiner case on mine. I don’t carry often but need to find a better solution when I’m walking with my Motocaddy.

These look really good in person. I looked at them today wondering what they would change for next season.

These look really good in person. I looked at them today wondering what they would change for next season.
Next year is the year of the cart bag for them. I suspect you will see them bring a better base to cart bags and a new super functional strap system. They will also work in the shaft shield.

Carried fairway 14 bag for the first time today. I purposely loaded it very heavy, and I didn’t mind it at all. The straps and padding on the side make this bag super easy to carry

great cart bag, great walking bag

Let’s talk about how great the strap system is. Kudos to Callaway to improving their strap system. I was critical of last years: it was uncomfortable and difficult to adjust. It’s the complete opposite this year.

I carried for the first time today with the HD bag and can’t overstate how impressed I am with this bag. The bag balances perfectly across the shoulders, which makes carrying easy.

The Velcro spot for the glove is in an easy to reach spot. There’s plenty storage. I didn’t have any club tangling. Legs opened and closed with ease.

Placement and size of the pockets is intuitive. Just impressed overall. IMG_8948.jpegIMG_8951.jpeg

thought i wanted the 14 but these...

fw+2.JPGfw+.JPG

Back