2024 Bridgestone Tour B Golf Balls

Does either feel noticeably firmer or softer than the last versions?
The 2024 RX feels a tad softer than the 2022 IMHO. But feel is subjective so I recommend to try a sleeve and I dont think you will be disappointed. Good luck!

Last edited:
Took the Tour B RX out on the course today in somewhat good conditions. 4 1/2 hours later I walked away with 7 birdies. Love the spin control around the greens as well as the consistency of the ball hitting the windows I was looking for. Well done Bridgestone.

Took the Tour B RX out on the course today in somewhat good conditions. 4 1/2 hours later I walked away with 7 birdies. Love the spin control around the greens as well as the consistency of the ball hitting the windows I was looking for. Well done Bridgestone.
Tonight Show Oh Snap GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

7 birdies is 🔥!

While my mid-March swing is leaving much to be desired, I very much enjoyed my round with the Tour B RX Mindset this morning. I know feel is subjective but found the golf ball to soft without being mushy. I was able to be confident in the ball from tee to green, seeing it perform consistently all day, and is still in good shape after 18 holes. My first round with the Tour B RX wasn't a positive experience, but I am getting to know the characteristics of the golf ball better and believe I could confidently game this ball in 2024.

I love the BX, hit some towering shots with it today and plethora of birdies.

I did not. At the time I first played the BX my swing speed was 108. Now I hover around 106. So I am creeping towards the RX fitting quadrant.

I’ll try to pick up a sleeve and see if I can compare one morning.
The 105mph line isn't cast in stone. I'll play either BX or RX lines. I prefer the BX in warmer weather. My SS with the big stick seldom gets over 102 any more, but they both perform.

Did you notice a big spin difference between X and RX ?
I played tour BX last year but I was not sure if I should also try the RX
thanks

Did you notice a big spin difference between X and RX ?
I played tour BX last year but I was not sure if I should also try the RX
thanks
I noticed a spin difference in the X and XS, but I have not played the RX yet. I think this years X has a bit more spin than the last model. But that’s just my feeling. I haven’t been on a monitor to confirm.

I revisited a couple balls last time out. Chrome Tour is definitely not my ball. The B X.. still might be. It's impressive in ways. I absolutely love the feel, and it's really good around the greens. I'm not sure I love it if the tee with my current setup.

I revisited a couple balls last time out. Chrome Tour is definitely not my ball. The B X.. still might be. It's impressive in ways. I absolutely love the feel, and it's really good around the greens. I'm not sure I love it if the tee with my current setup.
What are you seeing off the tee that you don't like? For me, i would like to see a touch more spin, but that is probably more a result of the driver I am playing this year as opposed to last. The distance is unreal though, and I am drawing the ball a bit easier with the BX this year.

The 2024 RX feels a tad softer than the 2022 IMHO. But feel is subjective so I recommend to try a sleeve and I dont think you will be disappointed. Good luck!
this makes me excited to try the '24 RX i just picked up

Another round coming up this morning. Will play RX on front and RXS on the back. From last round experience I’m leaning toward RXS but still early in trials. Need to get back to sim and get some numbers.
How did this go? I grabbed some RX to compare to the RXS but work and weather has conspired against me getting out

What are you seeing off the tee that you don't like? For me, i would like to see a touch more spin, but that is probably more a result of the driver I am playing this year as opposed to last. The distance is unreal though, and I am drawing the ball a bit easier with the BX this year.
I like it. It's been good. It just hasn't been the longest of the bunch. With my setup. It doesn't have to be either. Everything's a give and take. And I could maybe tweak my driver a bit to maximize it if it's what I settle on. I'll get some numbers with it again sometime soon and do a compare. See where it could be better.

I like it. It's been good. It just hasn't been the longest of the bunch. With my setup. It doesn't have to be either. Everything's a give and take. And I could maybe tweak my driver a bit to maximize it if it's what I settle on. I'll get some numbers with it again sometime soon and do a compare. See where it could be better.
Got it, and makes sense. While the Tour BX doesn't seem to be longer than my prior generation Chrome Soft by my eye, the numbers and on course experience show me it is. I joined Miami Lakes this year, and on the second hole there is one bunker that I am at off the tee. Basically, I could not reach it unless the tees were all the way forward, and even then it was unlikely. With the Tour BX, I am now finding myself in that bunker more often and have had to change my line off the tee. Its a representation of the fact that it is longer in real world conditions.

I also like that I can cut it a bit when I want to.

It's been awhile since I've played a ball as grabby around the green as the RXS

How did this go? I grabbed some RX to compare to the RXS but work and weather has conspired against me getting out
To be totally honest I got more involved in changing hand path than comparing balls. I will say that at this point where swing is I’m going RXS. I need to spin on irons. If I get path and a few things ironed out that might change.

Today marked my best round with the 2024 Tour B RX. My swing was much better today and, for the first time, I saw what this ball could do for my game. I was compressing the ball more consistently, saw a marked improvement on distances across all clubs, and had not issue holding greens all day. The Tour B RX feels good on all shots and I'm loving the feel off the putter face.

Today saw 20+ mph winds, but had very little issue with the ball ballooning. Best example of the day: Hole #4 (209 yd; straight into the wind) - 4-iron to 10 feet past the flag, backed it up to 8 feet. Good distance, good wind characteristics, and good spin (even off my 4-iron).

It’s been a bit of a long and windy road, but I’m locked in, marked up, and ready to start the season with Tour BX
IMG_9412.jpeg

It’s been a bit of a long and windy road, but I’m locked in, marked up, and ready to start the season with Tour BX
View attachment 9252506
It was nice to put these back in play tonight ball-flight is very predictable for me with them now. Just played a quick 9 tonight (9 earlier in the day was with Zstar diamond) but was able to find 83% fairways of the tee. The real shining star for me with these is around the greens. I only had 44% GIR so I had plenty of opportunities to chip around the green. Almost jarred 1 (hit the flag stick), and had 2 others that I cozied up to under 4 foot.

I'm starting to come around a bit on feel as well. Quite frankly though with the consistency and magic on the greens I'm seeing I'm just going to get used to it. I never ended up loving the feel of CSX last year but it worked for me and I played it most of year regardless.

Looks like this THP testing opportunity has proven very fruitful for me in finding my gamer ball for this year.

We had wind conditions today, but the tour BX did every single thing I asked it to do. Penetrating off the tee, magical in the short game, and controllable with irons. I’m starting to love this ball.

View attachment IMG_9452.mov

Last edited:
OK first off I know it’s four post in a row by me but I’m excited about the ball…. OK?!? 😜

Had another nice outing with it at a smaller course this afternoon. There were a couple of bad swings, but for the most part, Tour BX couldn’t miss a window I was aiming for. Couple of them didn’t turn over like I thought they were going to, but I’m sending the ball on its intended trajectory and that’s one thing I really look for a ball.

I think this ball and I are going to get along really well this year. I can’t wait until it gets warm and stays warm.

After a bit of use I am convinced that the RX is 4-5 yards longer than the RXS all the way through the bag. More roll out off the driver, more carry off the wedges. The RX spins well enough for pretty much drop and stop, but if you really want to pull the string, getting it to come back more than a couple of yards just isnt happening for me. The RXS will come back a good bit, but is more like a Chrome Soft, than a Chrome Tour X ......

45 holes and not a scratch and I’ve hit some fairly compressed wedges and bunker shots.

View attachment 5EA0D1C9-6648-401A-8A66-A873C32D2D48.mov

Also I’m very impressed I’ve kept this all 45 holes. I think that speaks a lot to my confidence of them that I’ve been talking about.

It’s been cold and rainy here for several days so I decided to go book some SIM time and get another round of BX numbers this time we will be comparing them to an old gamer of mine ProV1x.

I’ll post of those numbers later. The swing has been feeling really good for the past few outings so hopefully we have some nice consistent numbers to look at later.

It’s been cold and rainy here for several days so I decided to go book some SIM time and get another round of BX numbers this time we will be comparing them to an old gamer of mine ProV1x.

I’ll post of those numbers later. The swing has been feeling really good for the past few outings so hopefully we have some nice consistent numbers to look at later.
SIM started messing up I couldn’t figure out how to fix it so I’ve only got 8i numbers for BX and V1x and a credit for another time.

Back