2024 Bridgestone Tour B Golf Balls

SIM started messing up I couldn’t figure out how to fix it so I’ve only got 8i numbers for BX and V1x and a credit for another time.
Angry Paul Rudd GIF

I feel let down.

Quick and dirty 10 shot averages for both BX and PV1x.

BX vs PV1x.PNG

So I posted this in the Ballnamic thread, but figure I should here.

Obviously been playing and enjoying the B X a lot. Not the longest for me off the tee ( but long and still great), or the best at my favorite thing, but really impressive overall. And I finally bought a full box last week after deciding I was going to play it for a while.

Most that know or talk to me know I mentioned at the start of the year during ball testing that I might be back in ProV1x this year with my former fav, the Chrome Soft X LS, being done away with. V1x Always fits me well and I like it. And have played it a bunch but I don't talk about it as much here.

The thing I loved from literally my first round with current CSX LS before it came out, was the wedge approach spin. It had a little less in the irons, but spun great on wedge approach. Unique combination of features. Unicorny. And the thing I didn't love about last version Tour B X was wedge approach spin. I tested it early, and shared a lot about that in the thread on it here. They had improved the green side dramatically, but it was still lacking on that for me. And I have a ton of those types of shots in my rounds and they determine my scoring in a big way. So it's something I value. It's why I CSX LS over V1x too. And if I'm being honest B X never seemed quite as good in the wind. Callaway always seems to have best wind aero for my game.

Anyway, it's been a great time hitting the new B X the last few months and I really like it. It's great greenside, performs well in a ton of other aspects, and the feel is absolutely addicting. I'm weeks behind on videos, but I have a few recently that show the same little chink in its otherwise pristine armor this time aroudn. For me. Wedge approach spin. Still not the greatest, but neither is my backup ball, and it's so damn good in so many other ways that I'm sticking with it. And plan on playing fresh grooves more this year as part of it. So when we got the emails that Ballnamic had the new balls in there I decided to see what's what. It has consistently nailed the balls for me in the past.

20240402_105847.jpg

And BOOM. Nails it again. And shows why. And why not. That wedge score spin with my old ball is consistently in the mid to upper 90s. That's the only truly real gripe for me. A few yards off the tee against a ball that doesn't make my list or this list in a bunch of other ways isn't even a concern.

There's just no denying that overall though it's a great ball and a great fit for me. So I'm sticking with it.

Windy today. Tour B RX was very stable into, with and across the wind. Didnt balloon off the driver into it but readily remained aloft downwind, resisting being knocked down. Greens were pretty receptive, ad I was surprised just of far some of the wedges were pulling back. One little 54 yard 58* landed 3' short of the pin and ended up 25' below the hole. and that was after I put the 64* away to not spin it too much. LOL Good thing I wasn't hitting the BXS, it might have come back all the way off the green.......

Hit the X on monitor a little today. Real consistent and as expected. Now that I've committed to them for a while though, there was something missing. Sometime to get my mind right out there tomorrow. Kick a little *ss, have some fun.

Sadly, I could not locate my now and pink and purple unicorns. That's always fun, but unicorns are elusive and can't always be found when you need 'em. Lol So my focus will be on these rebel birdies. And I can't wait to watch them soar!

1000064021.jpg

Played the back 9 yesterday with the new B XS, which was my ball of choice most of 2023. Still absolutely loooooove the feel. Buttery soft but heavy and solid. Love the stopping power on partial wedges - I had a PW into the wind that I hit to about 5 ft that hopped and stopped on a dime the way I want. Off the tee, average drive was about 1 yard longer than the TP5 I used on the front, after long and short are removed, but the TP5 did have the longest drive by a good bit (a little wind help on that one, though). It will be tough for me to decide this year. Lots of really good balls to choose from, but the B XS keeps pulling me back with the feel... we'll see.

OK, I'll admit it. I just ordered 3dz last release yellow RX's. They still work great for me. While the new ball is very good, 10 bucks less a dozen for a ball I was playing before because I liked it in the wet season is too good to pass up. I already have dozens of RXS on the shelf for firmer conditions.

1000064128.jpg

Mindset ENGAGED.

Im all but out of the RXS. I’ve really enjoyed the greenside spin and I think it may be helping me find fairways with the profile. That said, the fitting tool thinks RX is the ball for me so I’ve picked up a box of mindset RX. I’m hoping the shorter irons don’t stall out like they seem to in the RXS for me. Plus a few more yards off the tee I won’t argue about should that come to pass. It will be interesting to see if I notice any greenside spin loss

I got the Tour BX back on the course again Saturday and continued to see success. I was able to get a few short sided chips to spin and check nicely, with my cartner commenting on how much I was able get them to stay low and still check up. I was surprised to see it.

I also continue to see the longest drives I have seen in a while with this ball. It just flies off the tee with the Darkspeed LS.

I was indifferent about the Mindset on the first round, but I am going to give it another go Friday.

Im all but out of the RXS. I’ve really enjoyed the greenside spin and I think it may be helping me find fairways with the profile. That said, the fitting tool thinks RX is the ball for me so I’ve picked up a box of mindset RX. I’m hoping the shorter irons don’t stall out like they seem to in the RXS for me. Plus a few more yards off the tee I won’t argue about should that come to pass. It will be interesting to see if I notice any greenside spin loss
I'm very interested in your experience with RX (vs RXS). I've been playing the RX and love them, but part of me is curious to see how the RXS fits my game and if the extra greenside spin is worth the look.

Last edited:
I've very interested in your experience with RX (vs RXS). I've been playing the RX and love them, but part of me is curious to see how the RXS fits my game and if the extra greenside spin is worth the look.
I think I have two or three bouncing around the bag if you want to give them a go. Game worn, but still playable. Just let me know.

I'm very interested in your experience with RX (vs RXS). I've been playing the RX and love them, but part of me is curious to see how the RXS fits my game and if the extra greenside spin is worth the look.
Yes so am I. Been a huge fan and been playing the RX for years. Stayed away from the RXS as I tend to put alot of spin on my drives. But would like to hear to insight on the two...

Yes so am I. Been a huge fan and been playing the RX for years. Stayed away from the RXS as I tend to put alot of spin on my drives. But would like to hear to insight on the two...
I am in a very similar spot. I am hoping that the Gradational Compression core can help me keep my driver spin down while giving a bit more spin on approach shot and greenside.

My limited sim time with the '24 RX and RXS shows the RX to average 4 yards longer but the RXS really shows the difference in spin in short irons and wedges.

B X off the Cobra CBs...

Yum Yum Chefs Kiss GIF by Nick Jonas

I had a so so ball striking day with irons and kept leaving myself just off the greens. But I’ve been practicing in the short game area with Tour BX’s so now I’m extremely confident I know exactly how they are going to react on short pitches and chips.

It’s so nice to be confident in what a golf ball is going to do greenside. I had several short chips and pitches that lead to easy 1 putts.

This ball is quite good for me.

Man this ball ball really spoils you on feels.

Hit a few others today and after a stretch of playing the B X it was a pretty sensory experience. Love the feel of these.

Last edited:
Stay tuned for something big tomorrow on THP on these.

Stay tuned for something big tomorrow on THP on these.
Nice.... very interesting. I'll be tuned in for sure.

Back