2024 Bridgestone Tour B Golf Balls

Took the TOUR B RX out on the course yesterday. Really mild conditions-yet very wet. Drives got no roll-actually backed up a few times. Like how the ball holds its line in the wind. Ball has ample spin around the greens and this one particular 5 wood shot hit the green and stayed right there.

View attachment 9246271

Distance is comparable, even slightly more, than my current gamer-CSX. Only criticism is the ball's-or at least this one-durability or paint job. Have played this one ball for a round and a couple of SIM sessions and it looks a little beat up.

View attachment 9246272
I am a bit surprised to see that. My Tour BX balls have held up well so long as I don't hit them off an object like a tree or kart path. I am certainly not seeing the wear you are seeing from traditional play.

The Tour B X has been impressively long off the tee for me. I am a bit surprised at how much control I am able to get, and I haven't been hitting the ball dead right like I was afraid of playing an LS head with this ball. I am really impressed.

I let my playing partner play a sleeve during my member game last Saturday and he commented on how great the ball felt off the driver, and how he thought he was longer with the Tour B X over his gamer.

I am a bit surprised to see that. My Tour BX balls have held up well so long as I don't hit them off an object like a tree or kart path. I am certainly not seeing the wear you are seeing from traditional play.
Maybe it was just a one off situation. I'll break out a new one next time and see how that one fares.

I never had much success with B/S golf balls, especially around the greens. When I first heard about the RXS I thought it would be the perfect ball for me, but it didn't turn out that way.

On a side note, while I was typing this a B/S commercial came on with the new graphic, lol.

I had a lot of really good shots hit a couple of so-so shots and only one really bad shot I think. Had some very nice greenside shots. One of the two really performed there.

It was actually a really good nine for me between both balls. I’m really excited where my game is and ball striking is at and as we all know finding the right ball is a big piece of the puzzle.

Taylormade TP5x vs. Bridgestone Tour BX: 9-Hole Comparison

Took the TOUR B RX out on the course yesterday. Really mild conditions-yet very wet. Drives got no roll-actually backed up a few times. Like how the ball holds its line in the wind. Ball has ample spin around the greens and this one particular 5 wood shot hit the green and stayed right there.

View attachment 9246271

Distance is comparable, even slightly more, than my current gamer-CSX. Only criticism is the ball's-or at least this one-durability or paint job. Have played this one ball for a round and a couple of SIM sessions and it looks a little beat up.

View attachment 9246272
One round and a couple sim sessions? Thats not surprising wear then. I very, very seldom play a ball more than 18 holes. Modern wedges have a lot of bite.

Cold, winds at 15mph, gusting to the 20's. Both the RX and RXS were very stable in the wind. I won a couple closest to the pins, one with each ball. ( out of only 4 guys, but money is money. LOL) Greens were very receptive. Even downwind the RX was within a foot of its pitchmark 7 Iron down. Higher spinning RXS sucked back a couple times, but not stupid far, maybe 3' with a down wind 8I. I'll be out Thursday and the weather should be better, but thus far these balls are definitely in my wheelhouse. RXS coupled with the 64* Smart Sole wedge is absolute money on short pitches, a foot to 18" of roll out....... and the RX is just fine there as well, I am talking a difference of maybe 3' more roll out on a 20 yard pitch..
If you had to pick one now, which one and why?

If you had to pick one now, which one and why?
RXS. The RX is a bit longer and a bit straighter, but I like to spin it a bit, and move it both ways. I may be old and the swing is below 105, but I am not too distance challenged....yet. I'll sacrifice a couple yards to take the short game spin and workability of the RXS, not that the RX is a slouch, they are both very good balls.

RXS. The RX is a bit longer and a bit straighter, but I like to spin it a bit, and move it both ways. I may be old and the swing is below 105, but I am not too distance challenged....yet. I'll sacrifice a couple yards to take the short game spin and workability of the RXS, not that the RX is a slouch, they are both very good balls.
Thanks. That is great feedback.

BX is so good hitting into greens.

This is 8i from 140. Damn near stopped in it’s pitch mark on a green running away.IMG_9081.jpeg

BX is so good hitting into greens.

This is 8i from 140. Damn near stopped in it’s pitch mark on a green running away.View attachment 9246438
I have been seeing the exact same thing. With a 7 iron or less in, I’m holding greens like crazy.

I have been seeing the exact same thing. With a 7 iron or less in, I’m holding greens like crazy.
It’s getting harder and harder to not see past my small quibbles with driver and irons feel with the ball and just game it for the year

It’s getting harder and harder to not see past my small quibbles with driver and irons feel with the ball and just game it for the year
I have been really impressed with this ball. Granted, I knew that I was going to like it being that I played the prior version. But I was a bit concerned that my current swing and driver setup would be too low spin for the BX. That has not been the case at all. I am driving the ball as well as I ever have.

So far this year, I've played the XS, X and Chrome Tour. I have a sleeve of the TP5 in the bag to try this weekend. I prefer the feel and performance of the 2 Bridgestones 7 iron and down, with XS having a slight advantage. Off the putter, the X and XS are neck and neck. Just eyeballing things off driver, the X and CT are a bit longer and straighter than the XS. The X doesn't feel (sound) as firm as the CT.

I have been really impressed with this ball. Granted, I knew that I was going to like it being that I played the prior version. But I was a bit concerned that my current swing and driver setup would be too low spin for the BX. That has not been the case at all. I am driving the ball as well as I ever have.
Did you dabble with the RX at all? If so, how would you compare them?

I'm getting closer to decided my ball for the year, and the B X is one of the last three in the running. Which is didn't expect so that's awesome. And it's definitely the most unique experience of the 3. How it feels soft off the short end of the bag, and then cracks off the driver a bit.

What do the quibbles look like?

ThiWhat do the quibbles look like?
The physical manifestation? Like this:

Think High School GIF by Paramount Movies

The actual quibbles I have are with sound and feel. I’m a big auditory person it’s something I notice and I know what I like and don’t. I don’t like the sound of BX off irons and driver. I can’t put my finger on why but it’s there. I also enjoy the slight firmer feel I get with BX.

Lecy Goranson Smile GIF by ABC Network

BX is like magic for me around the greens. I nearly chipped in 3x yesterday, hit the pin this morning and was inches away with another. I LOVE LOVE LOVE what this ball does for me greenside. I like the results I get with irons now.

It’s also a few bucks cheaper and I’m a short arms long pockets kinda guy so……

It’s getting very serious consideration. I’ve still got 2 sleeves of the test box left. When I’m out I’m buying more.

The physical manifestation? Like this:

Think High School GIF by Paramount Movies

The actual quibbles I have are with sound and feel. I’m a big auditory person it’s something I notice and I know what I like and don’t. I don’t like the sound of BX off irons and driver. I can’t put my finger on why but it’s there. I also enjoy the slight firmer feel I get with BX.

Lecy Goranson Smile GIF by ABC Network

BX is like magic for me around the greens. I nearly chipped in 3x yesterday, hit the pin this morning and was inches away with another. I LOVE LOVE LOVE what this ball does for me greenside. I like the results I get with irons now.

It’s also a few bucks cheaper and I’m a short arms long pockets kinda guy so……

It’s getting very serious consideration. I’ve still got 2 sleeves of the test box left. When I’m out I’m buying more.
Yeah it's pretty great around the greens.

So obviously not quite as long for you off the tee. Do you know the reason? What's the metric(s) that holds it back?

I'm getting closer to decided my ball for the year, and the B X is one of the last three in the running. Which is didn't expect so that's awesome. And it's definitely the most unique experience of the 3. How it feels soft off the short end of the bag, and then cracks off the driver a bit.
What are you down to for the final three? I'm stuck between old faithful Pro V1, CTX, and BX. Only played one round with the CT so it never got as much of a fair shake.

Played 90 holes at Sea Island a couple of weeks back primarily testing the CTX until I decided to play a full 18 with the Pro V1 and promptly responded with 6 birdies. Still feel like the Pro V1 is simply the "gold standard", feels great, spins where you need it to, does well in the wind (as good as any other ball on the market), etc. etc. etc.

Yeah it's pretty great around the greens.

So obviously not quite as long for you off the tee. Do you know the reason? What's the metric(s) that holds it back?
I don’t get as much ball speed with it as I do the TP5x. I’ve seen this time and time again in the sim. With 5x ball speed jumps a few mph. Not a deal killer but it’s something.

What are you down to for the final three? I'm stuck between old faithful Pro V1, CTX, and BX. Only played one round with the CT so it never got as much of a fair shake.

Played 90 holes at Sea Island a couple of weeks back primarily testing the CTX until I decided to play a full 18 with the Pro V1 and promptly responded with 6 birdies. Still feel like the Pro V1 is simply the "gold standard", feels great, spins where you need it to, does well in the wind (as good as any other ball on the market), etc. etc. etc.
B X , CT X, and a dark horse. We were just getting into a stretch where it was easier to see the on course differences that would play out as the year goes on, but got a boatload of rain last night. So it will probably continue to be a 3 horse race for a bit.

Did you dabble with the RX at all? If so, how would you compare them?
I did not. At the time I first played the BX my swing speed was 108. Now I hover around 106. So I am creeping towards the RX fitting quadrant.

I’ll try to pick up a sleeve and see if I can compare one morning.

Back