2024 Better You Fitness Thread

Upper Day: Benches, Incline benches, Lat pull-downs, Tripod rows, Incline curl/Reverse fly supersets, Wrist rollers.

I am making gains, but they're really, really slow gains.

Fat loss isn't happening real fast, either. Then again: Easter ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I hear this. I’m lifting heavier than I have in years, but need to get my meals back on track and get back to being strict.

Push day and run

Lower day: Squats, Weighted back Hypers, Trap bar DLs, Prone leg curls, Decline ab crunch/Standing calf raise supersets.

I hear this. I’m lifting heavier than I have in years, but need to get my meals back on track and get back to being strict.
This is my as well. I'm also lifting heavier than ever, in fact this whole week at the gym is PR week. I decided to hire a new nutrition coach and we start this week. I did a 3D body scan on Saturday to get my body fat % and measurements and took some before pictures. If this doesn't motivate me, nothing will.

I think it’s chest day today, or back.

I wouldn’t have minded jumping on an elliptical for a bit, but my left knee is still a little messed up. I probably shouldn’t golf on it? But… I’m probably not gonna listen to that.

This is might as well. I'm also lifting heavier than ever, in fact this whole week at the gym is PR week. I decided to hire a new nutrition coach and we start this week. I did a 3D body scan on Saturday to get my body fat % and measurements and took some before pictures. If this doesn't motivate me, nothing will.
Curious to hear what changes the new nutritionist makes for you!

I wouldn’t have minded jumping on an elliptical for a bit, but my left knee is still a little messed up. I probably shouldn’t golf on it? But… I’m probably not gonna listen to that.
Heavy chest day!

We can all agree that it’s not leg day.

Curious to hear what changes the new nutritionist makes for you!
Me too, but I am excited!

I made a bet with my coach that my body fat % was going to be over a certain number, and he said it would be under. I guess if I was going to lose a bet this one would be an ok one to lose, and now I need to go to the ATM before class today to get him $20. 😂 It still wasn't good, but better than I thought it would be, and a little worse then he thought.

I believe today is PR chest press day. This is probably my weakest lift, so I'm not expecting much.

I believe today is PR chest press day. This is probably my weakest lift, so I'm not expecting much.
Lebron James Basketball GIF by NBA

But today was Leg Day for me haha!

Barbell Squats
Seated Calf Raises
Leg Extensions
Lying Leg Curls

Finished up with a little Cardio

@MWard hit legs today.
I’m not hitting legs on a bad left knee that hurts to bend down into. Tried jogging after Madison at a playground on Saturday and the way it was hurting, I was googling ways to test at home if I had torn my meniscus or just had fluid on the knee, ligament strain, all the fun stuff.

I think by the end of it I was looking up at home amputations. f**k leg day.

I’m not hitting legs on a bad left knee that hurts to bend down into. Tried jogging after Madison at a playground on Saturday and the way it was hurting, I was googling ways to test at home if I had torn my meniscus or just had fluid on the knee, ligament strain, all the fun stuff.

lol @ at home amputations

Hope you get to feeling better - knee issues are awful

lol @ at home amputations

Hope you get to feeling better - knee issues are awful
They’re one of the most nerve wracking injuries, right there with back injuries. Just a constant state of panic

I still think the nicest thing you've ever done for me was grant permission for me to skip leg day in favor of bike rides.

They’re one of the most nerve wracking injuries, right there with back injuries. Just a constant state of panic

No question - You cannot do much if your legs don't work

I still think the nicest thing you've ever done for me was grant permission for me to skip leg day in favor of bike rides.
That seemed just common sense. I wouldn’t consider doing a leg day and then walking a golf course, that’s silly talk.

Also a trick question, I never consider doing leg day.

Have to say even though I haven't been to the gym in over a week all the going up and down stairs this past week would not have been possible without all the time I've put in up till now. Plus my Apple watch gave me all the credit for exercise haha

I had an exercise plan lined up yesterday afternoon but ended up running the chainsaw and hauling wood around all day and was exhausted from the workout it provided.

Today was squat PRs, I did way better than I thought I would. We did 2-4 gear up sets and then two chances at a 1 rep max. I ended up with a 200lb 1 rep max.

Chest press was a measly 95lbs haha. My lower half is clearly stronger. Tomorrow is pull ups. At least I can use bands because no chance I can do a single unassisted pull up.

Back