2023 Nippon N.S. Pro Putter Shafts

One drawback (if there really is one) of testing gear direct from OEM's is you get things that don't fit sometimes. A beautiful putter came my way a couple weeks back, but was unfortunately too short for me. Luckily I had a 140g Nippon waiting for a home. Definitely seems to be the most "balanced" of the three weight options for me.The 120g is still a sleeper to me - I think more people would like it than think they would (with the right head). For an all-around easy transition, the 140g is probably going to be the ticket though. The weight is comfortable and it feels really nice.
The 120 didn’t quite work for me due to the harmonics I saw but very likely to try the 140 next.

The 120 didn’t quite work for me due to the harmonics I saw but very likely to try the 140 next.
Yea, that's interesting. I can't say I noticed anything like that with the NC blade I have it in.

One drawback (if there really is one) of testing gear direct from OEM's is you get things that don't fit sometimes. A beautiful putter came my way a couple weeks back, but was unfortunately too short for me. Luckily I had a 140g Nippon waiting for a home. Definitely seems to be the most "balanced" of the three weight options for me.The 120g is still a sleeper to me - I think more people would like it than think they would (with the right head). For an all-around easy transition, the 140g is probably going to be the ticket though. The weight is comfortable and it feels really nice.
I’d say the 120 is what most are used too, on the other hand the weight the 140g has is tremendous during the putt.

Yea, that's interesting. I can't say I noticed anything like that with the NC blade I have it in.
I think it had something to do with the Sik Flo M shape. Made the whole thing hum. Tried corks in the shaft, nothing seemed to dampen it.

I think it had something to do with the Sik Flo M shape. Made the whole thing hum. Tried corks in the shaft, nothing seemed to dampen it.
Blech. That sounds awful.

I think I’m going to get it in the Sport-20 this weekend. Might need some cutting.

I think I’m going to get it in the Sport-20 this weekend. Might need some cutting.
That sounds lovely.

Reminds me I need to order a 140 g and hope it installs better for me at that weight.

That sounds lovely.

Reminds me I need to order a 140 g and hope it installs better for me at that weight.
I’ve got some extra cobra weights if it helps to go up or down with the head too.

The 140g shaft has arrived. Hopefully I can get it built up here in the next few days.

Need to work on bending one of these and trying to create a DB.

It could be rose colored glasses after draining the first two 15 footers I rolled, but the 140g shaft is showing so really strong early promise. The little bit of extra weight, distributed along the whole shaft, just gives a really comforting swing feel to it. Almost forces the larger muscles to do their thing, serves as a remind to not try to save it with hands, and it just kinda wants to stay in its swing. It’s really pleasing. I can’t wait to get some stats to see if it makes an impact for me.

It could be rose colored glasses after draining the first two 15 footers I rolled, but the 140g shaft is showing so really strong early promise. The little bit of extra weight, distributed along the whole shaft, just gives a really comforting swing feel to it. Almost forces the larger muscles to do their thing, serves as a remind to not try to save it with hands, and it just kinda wants to stay in its swing. It’s really pleasing. I can’t wait to get some stats to see if it makes an impact for me.
this is super interesting to me. I look forward to your continued feedback.

Really would like to see a 140g DB option or even the 140g from OEM’s as it feels like a Goldilocks weight for putter shafts.

Another tidbit that hopefully provides clarity, is that my “miss” with a putter is to get a little quick on the takeaway and the putter head travels outside the line. This shaft at the 140 weight seems to stabilize that “miss”, at least so far. I’ve tried heavier putter heads to counter that but then it feels like it takes so much to get it moving. This one not as much.

Another tidbit that hopefully provides clarity, is that my “miss” with a putter is to get a little quick on the takeaway and the putter head travels outside the line. This shaft at the 140 weight seems to stabilize that “miss”, at least so far. I’ve tried heavier putter heads to counter that but then it feels like it takes so much to get it moving. This one not as much.
hmmm I was just noticing a similar miss today and I’m sick of it.

Spent some time on the putting mat this morning and still really enjoying it. The biggest observation today was that it feels so stable on the takeaway. Some of the other shafts feel stable in the stroke, but that startup feel is still there. This one in the 140g weight class just doesn’t have that startup jolt. It’s really smooth and stable.

Really excited to get this on course soon. The stability in the stroke is something I’m looking forward to. It still has some feel but the extra weight across the entirety of the shaft gives a really pleasing balance and control.

Really excited to get this on course soon. The stability in the stroke is something I’m looking forward to. It still has some feel but the extra weight across the entirety of the shaft gives a really pleasing balance and control.
Hope things work out well for you on the course. I've got the same 140 in the NC Reserve, which will almost certainly be my putter to start the season. Promising results in the house, but I need to get outdoors.

I’d be afraid to do a big weight jump where it would be too far away from any other putter I own. I need a putter shaft to swap into a Scotty just so I don’t cut it.

I’d be afraid to do a big weight jump where it would be too far away from any other putter I own
With three weights available, that shouldn't be much of an issue imo.

With three weights available, that shouldn't be much of an issue imo.
Yup, just reading about guys with heavy weight shafts was making me cringe. I’m looking at the KBS CT shaft as well but really don’t want to put too much thought into this. We’ve all gone years of just using whatever was in the putter and been just fine😁

Yup, just reading about guys with heavy weight shafts was making me cringe. I’m looking at the KBS CT shaft as well but really don’t want to put too much thought into this. We’ve all gone years of just using whatever was in the putter and been just fine😁
There's something to be said for that for sure. These in particular look pretty damn cool though 😂

Back