2023 Cobra KING TEC Hybrids

How much difference in the previous version? Big difference in price on used market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've also only used the 2023 version, so can't comment. I also saw some 2021 versions used, but didn't pull the trigger.

Good question. I only have experience with the most recent 2023 release, not the prior, which from a visual perspective looks very close. Differentiator of the two is from the crown/address view as the soles can be pretty close.

Correct. The crown looks different but the soles almost are identical.

Anybody have any performance differences between 2021 and 2023 version? Like previous poster had mentioned there is a sizable difference in price for these clubs on the used market. I’ve been watching a couple of the 2021 versions online, just waiting on some more info before I pull the trigger. Unfortunately, I have never seen these in my area so unable to test physically (which would be ideal). Thanks in advance!

Anybody have any performance differences between 2021 and 2023 version? Like previous poster had mentioned there is a sizable difference in price for these clubs on the used market. I’ve been watching a couple of the 2021 versions online, just waiting on some more info before I pull the trigger. Unfortunately, I have never seen these in my area so unable to test physically (which would be ideal). Thanks in advance!

For me and your mileage will vary, but Cobra took what 21 offered and made it better. Hitter gave, great distances and forgiveness in a hybrid I’ve not seen in a while. IMO the shaft pairing here helps a ton as I didnt like the stock offering. Once input the UsT LIN-Q Hybrid shaft in, the club was so much better

For me and your mileage will vary, but Cobra took what 21 offered and made it better. Hitter gave, great distances and forgiveness in a hybrid I’ve not seen in a while. IMO the shaft pairing here helps a ton as I didnt like the stock offering. Once input the UsT LIN-Q Hybrid shaft in, the club was so much better

Appreciate the reply, thanks!

Took a chance on the 2021 version. Can be had for half. Hope it’s close to as good.

I just ordered the older model 4 hyb21deg i freaking love the club its so easy to hit straight. Sound is a little ringy vs my ping 430. But its just so much easier to hit it straight and it just looks so much better at address vs the ping. Ping for whatever reason i have a tendency to hit the ground behind the ball where as this does not happen at all w the cobra. I saw someone mention the new one looks more closed at address.

Took a chance on the 2021 version. Can be had for half. Hope it’s close to as good.

I also just ordered the older one, easiest club to hit straight ive ever hit. I dont love the sound vs my ping but its just so easy to hit straight i will live with it. I got the g430 cuz my old g30 head flew off into a lake. The g430 feels amazing but something about the weighting or the face just has me spraying it everywhere whereas the cobra was just dead straight from the get go

Does this thing get up in the air? I crush my G430 (and it’s super forgiving off the face) but I get really low flight and land angle. I carry it around 205-210, 93-95 mph club speed, 140ish ball speed. My last session out with it average height was around 69 feet, landing angle was 35*. I want something I can hit into a green and stay there.

Does this thing get up in the air? I crush my G430 (and it’s super forgiving off the face) but I get really low flight and land angle. I carry it around 205-210, 93-95 mph club speed, 140ish ball speed. My last session out with it average height was around 69 feet, landing angle was 35*. I want something I can hit into a green and stay there.
I have the 4h and I feel it absolutely launches. Here's how my shot shape looks with it.

Does this thing get up in the air? I crush my G430 (and it’s super forgiving off the face) but I get really low flight and land angle. I carry it around 205-210, 93-95 mph club speed, 140ish ball speed. My last session out with it average height was around 69 feet, landing angle was 35*. I want something I can hit into a green and stay there

the ping launches

I have the 4h and I feel it absolutely launches. Here's how my shot shape looks with it.

The ping launches a bit higher for me

Just picked one of these up in the 24°. This is going to be an experiment to see about replacing the 5 iron slot with a more forgiving easier to elevate option.

Excited to get to testing it.

This came in today.

1708135466576.png

Can't wait to get it out and start messing with it.

But currently, this is what I'm dealing with outside. :(
Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 9.06.03 PM.png

I mean once you move away from the north pole I think this purchase is going to work out amazingly well.
Oh, it's supposed to be near 60's by Tuesday. :ROFLMAO:
I hate this place.

I think I like it.

Sounds good feels good and I can control it.

I’m grabbing the 19° too. Let the bag battle with my Honma 757 19° commence!

This is gonna be fun.

How much difference in the previous version? Big difference in price on used market.

I spent two long hitting bay sessions with my prior older version and the current. Personally, I didn't see enough in it to warrant an upgrade fwiw. They are both great clubs.

The 24° I got a few days ago has such a great sound, feel, and predictability to it that I think it’d be foolish to not give it a shot in that 19° spot too.

Hello All. First post and just joined today. Wanted to shout out for the King Tec Hybrids. Had a gap in my game at 200-205 and first bought my first hybrid late last year and got original Stealth hybrid #3. Liked the club but wanted to draw hard and required setup changes from my other clubs so next I bought the King Tec #4 for dirt cheap.....like $159.00. Got the club and was shocked at how top quality this club was compared to the TM version. On the course...even better! Hit is straighter but still can draw it or fade it when I have to. Ended up replacing the TM and now converted to 3,4,5 Hybrids in King Tec.
Just getting back into golf the last few years and now retired and have time to get busy. Looking forward to playing more than ever.

Hello All. First post and just joined today. Wanted to shout out for the King Tec Hybrids. Had a gap in my gamw at 200-205 and first bought my first hybrid late last year and got original Stealth hybrid #3. Liked the club but wanted to draw hard and required setup changes from my other clubs so next I bought the King Tec #4 for dirt cheap.....like $159.00. Got the club and was shocked at how top quality this club was compared to the TM version. On the course...even better! Hit is straighter but still can draw it or fade it when I have to. Ended up replacing the TM and now converted to 3,4,5 Hybrids in King Tec.
Just getting back into golf the last few years and now retired and have time to get busy. Looking forward to playing more than ever.
Nice! Welcome to thp.

I was just telling a friend how easy these are to hit. I bought a 24° to replace the 5i spot that I don’t have confidence in I got it a few days ago and have hit it a couple times in the sim now and I just can’t believe how good they are.

I just bought a 19° that I should receive by the end of the week.

Excellent!. I ended up dialing my #5 +1 deg. because the other day I had a 176 yard par 3 I hit it on and I hit it dead flush and went over the green at 190 total. That was a good 10 yards over what I was seeing prior. Still getting used to mine and yardages are all -10 in winter golf here with average temps around 45-50 degs. Also, I should note I'll shallowed my swing path the last 3 months and and not as consistent as I'd like yet.

That is what I ended up doing. Think mine are 2022 (new), but when I looked at the physical changes they looked the same. 1/2 price for something cosmetically different seemed like a no brainer. Love mine and replaced a Stealth #3 and added 2 more at that price. Also, I like that 2 tone top for quick alignment visually personally.

I got out today on the first 65* day of the year here in Ohio.

I haven't gotten my 19* in yet so only had the 24* King Tec for the course today. I was able to get 2 shots with it today. Both turned out nicely. First was off #10 tee it's a short little dogleg left. Fairway runs out at around 190 and then it bends to the left for approach. I hit the 24* King Tec to the right side of the end of the fairway just like I drew up. It gave me a nice little wedge into the green.

The second shot was a 160ish yard approach into a front left pin on 14. The wind had kicked up a bit and I judged is as a two club wind. I hit the shot I wanted it was a laser to the pin but the wind killed it about 10 yards short.

I'm happy with the King Tec so far. It looks nice, sounds nice, and has been point-and-shoot in my limited experience with it so far.

Back