2023 Cobra KING TEC Hybrids

Hit the luckiest shot of my life w my 2h yesterday. Super Downhill par 4 280 yards, playing partner hits his driver to like 3 feet lol i hit the king tec but with a big right to left draw maybe 15 yards and miss these gigantic pine trees and land a foot off the front edge of the green to 10 feet. Lol we were both impressed with ourselves. I love this thing

Yesterday on a 490 par 5 I was partially blocked with tree branch @ 230 out. That is normally a 5 wood for me but thought the loft would hit branch so pulled out the 3 hybrid (dialed back to 20 degs). and figured it would get me within 20 yards. Smoked it under the branch with slight draw to front edge of the green. 2 putt for birdie and finished the day +3 shot 74. Love these hybrids for so many situations like this! Truly can be a rescue club.

I've got the 4h and it's sooo good. Since I got it, it's remained the absolute favourite in the bag. Hit it again today at the sim and had my playing partners asking "what is that, it launches so high!".
so not much issue holding greens for you? what kind of speed do you have it I may ask?

so not much issue holding greens for you? what kind of speed do you have it I may ask?
I was trying to dig up some posts I've made on it. But I hover around 86-90 mph club speed with it. Here's an older post with some data.

I don't stop it on a dime, but don't really expect to. I usually pull it out and try to hit the first third of the green and it'll hold. Rolls 3-8m usually. So not a monster spinner, but does the job.

3h and Tour BX has no problem holding greens for me. I’m sure you remember hole 6 at my club the 200+ par 3 over water trouble right. I have no problem holding that green within 10ft of my pitchmark (when I hit it)

I was trying to dig up some posts I've made on it. But I hover around 86-90 mph club speed with it. Here's an older post with some data.

I don't stop it on a dime, but don't really expect to. I usually pull it out and try to hit the first third of the green and it'll hold. Rolls 3-8m usually. So not a monster spinner, but does the job.
Mph and then meters? Holy conversion Batman 😉

Thanks for sharing.

Hit the luckiest shot of my life w my 2h yesterday. Super Downhill par 4 280 yards, playing partner hits his driver to like 3 feet lol i hit the king tec but with a big right to left draw maybe 15 yards and miss these gigantic pine trees and land a foot off the front edge of the green to 10 feet. Lol we were both impressed with ourselves. I love this thing
Lol i played this course again today and DID IT AGAIN. But today was a dead straight laser. Just off the green but the flag was back pin today so longer putt lol. Beware 250 yard shots i fear u no more 😎 haha

Lol i played this course again today and DID IT AGAIN. But today was a dead straight laser. Just off the green but the flag was back pin today so longer putt lol. Beware 250 yard shots i fear u no more 😎 haha
Gotta feel good to find that shot in the bag! Nice.

Gotta feel good to find that shot in the bag! Nice.
Yessir! Definitely wasnt finding that distance with consistency with five wood i think five wood i dont get as clean contact. The hybrid just feels easier to square up

Need to dig back in the thread but I’ll ask anyway, has anyone games both the OG version and compared to this version?

Mph and then meters? Holy conversion Batman 😉

Thanks for sharing.
I know, I usually do the conversion for you, but I was a bit lazy and tired :ROFLMAO:

Need to dig back in the thread but I’ll ask anyway, has anyone games both the OG version and compared to this version?
I read that the new one sits more square than the old One and the old one almost sits open. I have the old one and it almost looks shut to me so i have no idea how shut the new one would look to me at address. I bought the old one two months ago and i think its one of my best purchases ever made

After all that bouncing around and trying different shafts (big thanks to @Wonger for the KBS)

I’ve settled into the feel of the MMT and will be moving forward with the stock shafts. Funny how that works out sometimes.

I’m still very much enjoying the King TEC hybrids. I tend to hit the 3h a little better than the 5. The 3 has a reg flex MMT in it. So if anything I’ll move down to reg flex in the 5.

Wow
After all that bouncing around and trying different shafts (big thanks to @Wonger for the KBS)

I’ve settled into the feel of the MMT and will be moving forward with the stock shafts. Funny how that works out sometimes.

I’m still very much enjoying the King TEC hybrids. I tend to hit the 3h a little better than the 5. The 3 has a reg flex MMT in it. So if anything I’ll move down to reg flex in the 5.
i love this club i have the two and the four and the two i have an aldila nv green hyb85 x and the 4 i have the mmt in x8 and i like the feel of both!!!!! Always tempted to move to the mmt though because how smooth it feels but i hit the 2 so well w the aldila so its hard to justify

Wow

i love this club i have the two and the four and the two i have an aldila nv green hyb85 x and the 4 i have the mmt in x8 and i like the feel of both!!!!! Always tempted to move to the mmt though because how smooth it feels but i hit the 2 so well w the aldila so its hard to justify
The MMT 70r feels like butter in my hands and I enjoy that kind of smooth feel in transition. Obviously the 80s feels a little more stout.

The ponder train is going to replace my 4 RadSpeed with a 4 King Tec. Any thoughts of if I’d see a bit more distance when comparing the two?

Yesterday I had another rescue with the 3 hyb save a good round. Another low hanging tree branch to go at green @ 170 out. Choked down the Tec 3 right to the shaft and took a 3/4 backswing and hit a low punch shot to the green. Saved par and ended with 1 over 73 for the round. I don't hit these often, but when I do they really are having a positive impact on my game.

One constant no matter how bad the rest of my game is going is the 190-220 range with the King Tec hybrids. Reliable is the best descriptor I can use here. Recently I have figured out how to hit a low stinger with these as well. Speaks to the versatility of these clubs. High penetrating approach that will hold a green at over 200, possible fairway wood replacement if you struggle with those. Lots to like about what these can be used for.

One constant no matter how bad the rest of my game is going is the 190-220 range with the King Tec hybrids. Reliable is the best descriptor I can use here. Recently I have figured out how to hit a low stinger with these as well. Speaks to the versatility of these clubs. High penetrating approach that will hold a green at over 200, possible fairway wood replacement if you struggle with those. Lots to like about what these can be used for.
And the way they can adjust to swing needs with the transferable weights is huge imo. I know it helps me fight the left hooks I have with almost every other hybrid.

I’m curious if you tried Darkspeed hybrids or Aerojet prior? I prefer the DS to the King Tec but might be in the minority

I’m curious if you tried Darkspeed hybrids or Aerojet prior? I prefer the DS to the King Tec but might be in the minority
I know you asked Wong(er), but I had an AJ VL and OL hybrid and hooked both. I've hit the DS hybrid but only in 2h. Hooked that too. But still thinking of trying the DS 6h in the bag. For me, the King Tec's adjustable weighting keeps helps in keeping the flight on a slight draw trajectory. But I'm in to out a lot, like 7-8*.

I did hit the Aerojet and struggled with it going too far left. I basically have one swing and it usually creates a slight draw. Not being able to hit a hybrid straight was one of the reasons I quit them for a bit. I am not talented enough to shape shots and if you bet me $100 to hit a fade I would lose that bet. KT weight in the toe really helped me.

Having said all that, I have gotten a gotten a few swings in with Darkspeed hybrid and they do not seem to turnover for me which is good. I will get more time with it before finalizing bag choices but it certainly is not eliminated.

Reactions: JB
I know you asked Wong(er), but I had an AJ VL and OL hybrid and hooked both. I've hit the DS hybrid but only in 2h. Hooked that too. But still thinking of trying the DS 6h in the bag. For me, the King Tec's adjustable weighting keeps helps in keeping the flight on a slight draw trajectory. But I'm in to out a lot, like 7-8*.
Nail on head. When I see you post your other clubs we are very similar and based on how you have described your game samesies. We may be carbon copies of each other. I am just the US version of you/you are the Finnish version of me.

Nail on head. When I see you post your other clubs we are very similar and based on how you have described your game samesies. We may be carbon copies of each other. I am just the US version of you/you are the Finnish version of me.
You're just taller than me.

Back