2023 Cobra KING TEC Hybrids

I found a store that has these, now to determine which loft.
Where are you looking to slot it in?
I play:
D, 5W, 3h at 20* (ESH, long shaft)
King Tec 21* 4h at 22*
That flows quite nicely to the 6h at 26*.

I’m starting to find a groove with my 4hybrid. It’s fitting a gap between my 5i and Heavenwood. I had a couple of opportunities today where an easy swing just out the ball on a rope middle of the green. The distance I’m seeing his perfect for that part of my bag. It’s fun to have a hybrid in the bag I can trust

Last edited:
Where are you looking to slot it in?
I play:
D, 5W, 3h at 20* (ESH, long shaft)
King Tec 21* 4h at 22*
That flows quite nicely to the 6h at 26*.
I got the 19 to gap between 3w and 4 iron.

I got the 19 to gap between 3w and 4 iron.
I've seen plenty of love for the 19°. Tell us how you're doing, when you've had some time with it 👍

The beloved OG King Tec hybrid is making a high pitched sound on impact. Is it worth the new one or find a same model replacement?

I love hitting this club… off of turf or off the tee it performs exactly how I need it to for my game. Nice ball flight and shot shape with plenty of forgiveness on my bad swings.

Snuck in the final 9 for this year before the weather went straight down the tube. Par 3 playing 230. Hit the King Tec 3h expecting to be short as it is about max 220 for me. Had bad contact and pushed it right just felt like it was poorly struck and felt like it went all of 190.
Ended up pin high. Just off the green right. Great bookend for this outdoor season with the king tecs. They edged the King Tour irons for my favorite club this year in the Cobra line. They saved my ass so many times from 190+ when I put myself in a bad spot with a previous shot. I put the 12g weight back and 10g in the toe after my first range session and have not had to change it since. Perfection for me.

Snuck in the final 9 for this year before the weather went straight down the tube. Par 3 playing 230. Hit the King Tec 3h expecting to be short as it is about max 220 for me. Had bad contact and pushed it right just felt like it was poorly struck and felt like it went all of 190.
Ended up pin high. Just off the green right. Great bookend for this outdoor season with the king tecs. They edged the King Tour irons for my favorite club this year in the Cobra line. They saved my ass so many times from 190+ when I put myself in a bad spot with a previous shot. I put the 12g weight back and 10g in the toe after my first range session and have not had to change it since. Perfection for me.
I play my 4h at the same exact weight setting and it's damn near automatic for what I can give it as a swing.

Great club, you've gotten great results with it, can't wait to see what's next and if they update the King Tec too. I'm not expecting it necessarily and these are a tall task to improve.

My King Tec 4 hybrid saved my round today. I had a bunch of spots where I was left with 185-210 and this club delivered every time. The confidence is pretty high right now and paired with the UST LiN-Q hybrid shaft it has the perfect balance and weight.

The spot between my 5i and Paradym HW has been empty for a while up until this summer. The latest hybrid releases have been to "squared" off for my liking and never got into a groove with any of them util the King Tec. I've had it in the bag since this summer and when I paired it with a UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X 85H shaft it came alive for me. Lazy/crappy swings aside, this hybrid produces some great ball speeds for me and the forgiveness is there also. I am not seeing any of the left or hook tendencies you might get out of a hybrid & well struck shots just stay on that mid launch line that holds greens when needed. I played with @USAF Retired a few times and I think I have at least piqued his interest in my set up and at the very least he loved the weight and feel of the LIN-Q

Been on the hunt for one of these used for some time but no dice. Not a big hybrid fan, but something about this gets me excited and eager to play one again

Been on the hunt for one of these used for some time but no dice. Not a big hybrid fan, but something about this gets me excited and eager to play one again
I've been gaming the previous gen since release date and love it. Still going strong in the bag

KingTEC hybrids are still the only clubs in my bag that have no chance of being replaced.

My King Tec 4 hybrid saved my round today. I had a bunch of spots where I was left with 185-210 and this club delivered every time. The confidence is pretty high right now and paired with the UST LiN-Q hybrid shaft it has the perfect balance and weight.
Yep that distance gap for me ended up being a not so scary one.

There seems to be a large number of the previous King Tec hybrid release used but not so many of the 2023 version floating around.

There seems to be a large number of the previous King Tec hybrid release used but not so many of the 2023 version floating around.
I will say the 2023 hybrid was the best one for me since the Amp Cell or Bio Hybrid line for me

I'm a lefty and have seen a few around. Just haven't quite pulled the trigger.

You guys sold me on one. I need a 4H. I’m looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of massive releases this week and in the weeks to come. This club still stands as one of the most under-appreciated clubs on the market.

A lot of massive releases this week and in the weeks to come. This club still stands as one of the most under-appreciated clubs on the market.
It really is. The shot shape, adjustability, reliability and consistency of the King Tec is astonishing. Without the MC, this would not leave my bag for a long time.

I'm pretty close to finding a 3H to replace my HW because they are easy to hit and packed with the distance I need out of that slot.

This is one of the best hybrids I ever tested and I’m not a hybrid lover. The adjustability is awesome and the look and feel is one of the best. Like a smaller UW. The design is outstanding with the adjustable neck along with the weight ports. It’s powerful!

How much difference in the previous version? Big difference in price on used market.

How much difference in the previous version? Big difference in price on used market.

Good question. I only have experience with the most recent 2023 release, not the prior, which from a visual perspective looks very close. Differentiator of the two is from the crown/address view as the soles can be pretty close.

Back