2023 Cobra KING TEC Hybrids

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The KING TEC hybrid was one of the most underappreciated hybrids released by any golf company regardless of the name in recent memory. To a person, the feedback was and remains filled with superlatives from golfers of varying skill levels. The looks, the feel, the power, and the playability were all there.

So, when I found out that 2023 would be the year Cobra is going to unveil a new version alongside a multitude of other KING lineup releases there was absolutely no doubt in my mind a closer dive into what was coming would be needed.

Continue reading...

Man- that thing is sharp looking and "bomber with a purpose" sounds exactly like what most of us need. I know that I've not gotten along real well with hybrids, but I'm hoping this is the year. Thanks @Jman

'bombers with a purpose' - that has a good ring to it

I wonder if the folks who are scared of the hybrid lefts will be put off at all with the more squared set-up compared to the last generation. Plenty of adjustability to take care of that to be sure, but will be interested to see how it's perceived.

This line is easily the best hybrid I've hit and I've been a hybrid players for a long time.

I can just about guarantee one or two of these will be in my bag after testing out @Scooby45's prior gen

These look really good. I'll probably end up in the Aerojet hybrids though.

I actually liked that King Tec hybrid when we hit in the Tech Studio and on course during that monsoon. I thought it set up great, slightly open which for someone who sets up with everything slightly closed it worked for me. I think this one looks killer. Damnit Cobra...

:love::love::love:. If a slot opens up in my bag this is going in it. I really like the solid-colored crown on this version.

That adjustable weight plus the MyFly in a hybrid!
Pretty sweet.

Bigger "sweet zone" is never a bad thing

'bombers with a purpose' - that has a good ring to it

I wonder if the folks who are scared of the hybrid lefts will be put off at all with the more squared set-up compared to the last generation. Plenty of adjustability to take care of that to be sure, but will be interested to see how it's perceived.

This line is easily the best hybrid I've hit and I've been a hybrid players for a long time.
I absolutely LOVED hope open/fadey the previous gen was, so the squaring it up a little more aspect has me curious. That said, the amount of weight that can be shifted really will let a neutral head be adjusted a lot both ways.

I wasn't expecting a refresh on this line.

These look really good. I'll probably end up in the Aerojet hybrids though.

I will try both. Two outstanding choices. :)

Changeable weight ports, carbon crown, HOT face. These things look so good.

@Jman great write up.

Cobra is killing it.

Love all of the adjustability this hybrid offers. And it looks pretty darn awesome as well.

Roadrunner: "My 2023 bag is set. There's nothing that could change my mind."
Cobra: "Look at these updated King TEC hybrids!"
Roadrunner: "TAKE MY MONEY!!!"

The original Tec hybrids are some of my favorite in the bag and I'm on board with the changes here. I liked the 2 toned look of the originals but the look here is really solid and will appeal to a lot of folks. I can see where the more square setup would be scary to folks who really struggle with the hooks, but I think you will still be able to dial these up to be very anti left. "Bomber with a purpose" really seems fitting. I've tried both versions of the Callaway Super Hybrids and I found them to be great, but the Tec is just a little less brutish and more sensible which I think makes it better for me and a lot of other folks. If they've successful added a little more spin while keeping the bomber qualities this will be a real winner.

Never been able to game a hybrid but these look 🔥🔥

This looks fantastic. Still looking for something to replace my hybrid. It will probably be the last thing to go.

Nice write up! Thanks @Jman!

Dang these have me a bit excited. That shape is just gorgeous, and the look of the crown is really nice. The adjustability between the adjustable weight system and MyFly Adapter seem like it would really help you dial in the club. Super high on my want to try list now. I'm just a little disappointed LH is custom order only.

Looks like they made a good hybrid even better! I personally like the changes to the shape as the previous one looked really open to my eye at address.

Unless something really strange happens I'm going to pre-order this in a 2H and it is the replacement for the UW in my bag for 2023. I love the original at the 3H. The 2H playing at 15.5 as a back up tee club and will also be easy to launch off the deck.

Looks like they made a good hybrid even better! I personally like the changes to the shape as the previous one looked really open to my eye at address.
Oh how I loved that WAY open face.

Oh how I loved that WAY open face.
I have not been able to snap hook mine. It remains the safest club in my bag.

Somehow I missed this one this morning. I hit the prior version and liked the distance I saw with it but it launched lower than I wanted for a 4H. It was just these mid-height missiles. It looked great and this one does, too. I can't wait to try this one.

As always, @Jman, fantastic job!

Unless something really strange happens I'm going to pre-order this in a 2H and it is the replacement for the UW in my bag for 2023. I love the original at the 3H. The 2H playing at 15.5 as a back up tee club and will also be easy to launch off the deck.
I know you asked about this in the old thread but I couldn’t say much. It’s well documented how much I love the 2h and hit it great but Yags was telling me that this will be bigger off the tee. I’m sold!

Back